What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first week of February will be dedicated to those shaving items that are now discontinued. There are many soaps, creams, balms, razors, etc. that we loved (and still love), but that are no longer available on the market, since no longer made :)crying:). Please, add your favourite discontinued products in your always great SOTD shots! :wink2:

proxy.php

What a fantastic close-up, my friend!:thumbup1: Unfortunately, I no longer have my Manantiales:crying: I said some time ago that the soap was cracking like MWF, well it then developed a foul smell too. Only one place it could go......:sad:

Monday, 30.I.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Simfix Grosvenor Superbadger 2-band
Comptoir des Savonniers Antibes
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Musgo Real Bálsamo

proxy.php

Truly a "Monday Morning Shave" - not only the brush is from a no-longer-made limited edition, also the soap from Comptoir des Savonniers is no longer in their catalog... :crying:

You certainly had an upsetting shave today, Emanuel. TWO discontinued products!:crying: But you certainly made up for it with the pic. Wonderful!:thumbup1:

Monday

Bukhave bowl
Rubberset 2-band
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with 7 o'clock SharpEdge

RazoRock Mughetto di Bologna
Williams Ice Blue After Shave
T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

An excellent start to a new week, Soren!:thumbup1:
P.S. Isn't there a brush missing today??:wink2::laugh:

I knew it was you, Emanuel!:biggrin1: A member PM'd me yesterday asking where I got those metal bowls with transparent lids. It wasn't me but I was sure it was you. And yes, it is!! Amazing shot as always, my friend!:thumbup1:

Exactly! Those are stainless steel "Grundtal" boxes from IKEA. You can read a little more here. :thumbup1:

I actually got a PM about those containers last night too. They seem to be in demand.

Great cheap and simple storage solutions for soaps.

Yeah that is one downside to them. I guess it just doesn't make financial sense for them to ship such small items.

Thankfully I don't live that far from an IKEA so it's not much hassle for me to pick up more if I was inclined to buy more of them.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Razor: 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7-O'Clock SharpEdge
Brush: E. Jagger Best Badger Medium
Cream: Cyril R. Salter French Vetiver
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Cologne: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

proxy.php

Very, very cool. :cool2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Dovo 55 | Simpson Chubby 2 | La Toja Manantiales | Thayers | DRH Arlington ASM | Dior Leather Oud
proxy.php

Another fine shave by this beautiful Maxterpiece. Photos simply do not do the paua shell scales justice! When you combine a good blade with outstanding software, you know you're going to come out right! I feel great and ready to start my day!

Stunning close-up and detail on the razor, Bill! :w00t:

Dovo 55 | Simpson Chubby 2 | La Toja Manantiales | Thayers | DRH Arlington ASM | Dior Leather Oud
proxy.php

Another fine shave by this beautiful Maxterpiece. Photos simply do not do the paua shell scales justice! When you combine a good blade with outstanding software, you know you're going to come out right! I feel great and ready to start my day!

That sure is a beautiful close-up of the razor, Bill, and I know how beautiful those scales really are, having a KROPP from Max also.

That sure is a beautiful close-up of the razor, Bill, and I know how beautiful those scales really are, having a KROPP from Max also.

Not only is it a beautiful razor, but, as Max said to me when I bought it, these razors are some of the best large razors out there. He told me if I had a chance to pick up a Dovo 55, I should not hesitate one second. I didn't, and he took my NOS beauty and Maximized it as you see. To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, 100% of the time, it works all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom