What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

L´Occitane Cade // Simpson Chubby 2-Band // Filarmonica SUB Cero 14 // Floris N.89 Aftershave

Now here's a combination I would never have thought of, Luis! Cade and Floris No89.:biggrin1:

proxy.php

New Proraso Red SC // Thäter 4125/3 // Vintage Hoffritz 6/8 // Dopo Barba Camaldoli

Second shaving with this cream .. this time I liked it more, adding a little water, excellent shave :thumbup:

Second time around worked more favourably did it, Luis? Another attempt with the red and a straight is obviously a necessity!

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Feather Artist Club - SS
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Simpson M7 LE
Cream Simpsons
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH.

proxy.php

Jamie, your pics always look like they are going to come alive any second. Another great one today!:thumbup:

Monday 09 July 2012

proxy.php

Razor: Merkur 39C "Sledgehammer"

Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless

Pre Shave: Hot Water and Pears Soap

Shave: TOBS Shave Shop Shave Cream

Post Shave: Cold Water

After Shave: StubbleShavers home made Bay Rum Old Brut!

Cologne: CK Man

Song of the Day:

Awesome shave and pic as always!:thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wostenholm | Arlington | Simpson Chubby 2 | Arlington | Arlington
proxy.php

I recently refreshed this blade for the first time since Glen restored it for me. It held the edge well before, and was smooth as silk today. It took one pass to a near BBS. I think this is the only sheffield steel that I personally own, but I like the way it fits my face. What a way to start the day with an Arlington trifecta!

You're speaking my language here, Bill! :biggrin1: A triple dose of Arlington does wonders, and the shave comes as close to perfection as possible also!:wink2::laugh: I have only ever owned one Wosty, but it was too small for my liking so sold it.

proxy.php

Pre Jabonman Romero + "old" Omega lanolin shaving cream + Omega 10098 + UFO U2 Long with Feather Portable head and Polsilver Super #3 + Razorock Wax Eucaliptus with "old" Williams Sport splash

A smooth shave, although mixing this Razorock Wax with splashes is not a good idea... too dense!

Cheers!

May be on a winter's day it would work, but it sounds too much at this time of year(he says looking outside to cloud and rain!):biggrin1: Beautifully taken pic for sure!:thumbup:

You're speaking my language here, Bill! :biggrin1: A triple dose of Arlington does wonders, and the shave comes as close to perfection as possible also!:wink2::laugh: I have only ever owned one Wosty, but it was too small for my liking so sold it.

You can't miss with the Arlington, that's for sure! This Wosty is great. It has a wonderful heft to it as a frameback, and the restoration turned out immaculate!

Good Morning !
~07/09/2012~

KimSon VU Silvertip \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Mystic Water Lime SS \\ GFT Sandalwood Skin Food

So for this weeks theme, my shaves are going to be incredible. The reason why I say that is b/c I know exactly what products are going to be. I know I get to use my all time fav MWF which is from the UK. As well as the following Artisan SS by Sharon Nanny's Silly Soaps which smell just awesome. And Mike's Naturals SS which is like MWF IMO that is scented. I'm pretty confident what others will be using as well b/c its obvious with this week's theme for SOTD! You all have a wonderful day friends!

proxy.php

Hope you are enjoying your time of relaxation, Balaji! It makes life fairly easy to know what the week ahead shaves are going to consist of. I plan, and take all my pics for the whole week on Sundays. Easy, unless like yesterday you find you can't upload them to the computer or Photobucket! Problem now solved though! Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of US products, only a strop and a couple of restorations from Max.

Monday morning, July 9, 2012

Schick E2 Injector Razor w/ Schick blade (4)
Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
TABAC shaving soap w/ hot water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

Nick, how are you enjoying the Tabac soap after the MWF?

Hope you are enjoying your time of relaxation, Balaji! It makes life fairly easy to know what the week ahead shaves are going to consist of. I plan, and take all my pics for the whole week on Sundays. Easy, unless like yesterday you find you can't upload them to the computer or Photobucket! Problem now solved though! Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of US products, only a strop and a couple of restorations from Max.

I surely am my friend, appreciate it! Its quite interesting changing back to your normal routine, after taking a semesters class in 6 weeks and working full time. As well as knowing that I'm going to be enjoying my morning shaves a lot more. As for the US products, doesn't matter b/c at least it's better than nothing. Also majority of my items are from around the world than MWaters and MNS and AV Classic Ice Sport AS. You going to US your favorite DRH Arlington? Also GFT and MWF? BTW I'm looking forward to your SOTD pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom