What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Colonel Conk” May 9th to, 2022 to May 15th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
41E528E5-C523-4CD8-B215-7E439DBB2AE6.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic brush.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Col Conk Bay Rum.
3) England: Razor Gillette Aristocrat.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Power Mountain Water aftershave balm.
7) USA: EDT Jovan Musk Cologne.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May Challenge

Last night’s shave
RazoRock “German” 37
Shark Super Stainless (6)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
APShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower, then waterboarding with a cold, damp shave binky
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Got a weeper on the right hand side of my neck and a little razor burn, but I believe next time will be closer.

The discontinued Unscented soap from their Naturals line isn’t as slick as the current version of the soap, but it’s slick enough and the current version isn’t offered in unscented (just the shaving cream from their Naturals line).

SOTD Tuesday May 10, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre: None
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Tobacco Leaf
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Gillette SharpEdge
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG-9657.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37c
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
GFT Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Going with a new razor combo today: Merkur 37c and a Lord SC blade. At one time I had 100 of these blades and now I am done to only a handful. I would buy more except I have so many other good blades. 61st use of the Ethos unscented soap. A perfect shave. Have a good day, B&Bers.

20220510_080645.jpg

Flare Tip L4
Shark Stainless
Col. Conk Pure Badger
Col. Conk Amber soap
Clubman Whiskey Woods

Colonel Conk was the first TWS products I purchased many years ago. I've been neglecting it because it's all I used for the better part of 10 years, but I need to get it back in the rotation.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, May10 2022

Razor : Yaqi slant, Mfg 2019> This razor has that jaws look and looks a aggressive and it is, a seasoned technique and with a steep angle and short handle I like to use when riding the bar when using this shaving angle method .
The razor likes a gentle touch with good placement and it just works wonderfully IMO. This razor is for those fellows who enjoy blade feel and it will not disappoint. The 1st shave with it was fairly smooth with no issues at all. Good challenge for myself, I placed a shim underneath also to support blade better for any chatter and I guess it adds a little more aggression in theory. Not a daily driver for most folks IMO. Newbies might to avoid using this razor until their technique has matured IMO.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (discontinued :blue:)
Brush : Yaqi 22 mm 2 band badger Sagrada Familia, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice scrub, excellent lather painter. This little brush is just a joy to use and not a lather hog at all + one of my favorites.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Alum test showed minor stinging + Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my 1st use Yaqi Slant with a Gillette 7oClock SP. You can not get a closer shave using this razor blade combination even with a shavette with a naked blade possibly IMO.
SOTD May 10,1 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom