What's new

โ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ–๏ธ ๐Ÿน ๐ŸŒŠ ๐Ÿ๏ธ SOTD โ€œ Summer Solstice 2023: The First Days of Summer Weekโ€ - June 19th to 25th, 2023 โ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ–๏ธ ๐Ÿน ๐ŸŒŠ ๐Ÿ๏ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6017.jpeg

Carbon Cx-Seafire-23 โ€ข Lab Blue โ€ข DG B11 โ€ข Zingari Man
ย 

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
SUMMER SHAVE WEEK

It doesnt get more summer than this soap. SMG's "Father Knows Beach". Its a mix of scents from Old Spice and Suntan Lotion. Yup, it really smells like Suntan Lotion, but better! And it performs amazingly. Not sure how SMG isnt a mainstream artisan amongst our kind. Their soaps are that good.

SMG "Father Knows Beach" soap
Wald A1
Charcoal Goods Level 2 Gen 2 Copper Magnum
Personna 74 (8)
Clubman

2023-06-20 07.55.32.jpg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, June 20th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Mellon head 316 SS 2nd Generation or V2 with a polished SS "Teardrop" handle- Mfg 2023, tame mid to mid range, excellent machining and finish QC is adequate for my shaving needs. This dual comb is a nice razor with the old concept from the "Grande Shave King" razor idea. The idea is to rinse more often by trapping water in the Dual combs when bringing it to beard area by rejuvenating the lather to make it slicker. It does work, V1 model (Zamac) works slightly better for self lubricating because it seems to trap a little more water IMO. Regardless the razor works very well and is permently in my rotation. The audio feed back is very enjoyable I find(Sizzling sound). Had a close comfortable shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Personna red(1) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities. On 3rd tub!
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow Leopard knot, Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lathe painter. This 26mm brush is one of my favorites, ticks all the boxes for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave & no issues with my Yaqi Mellon V2 316 SS with a Personna red blade.
SOTD May June 20 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Razor: Rockwell 6C R3
Blade: Eddison (9)
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Cashmere
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man

The menthol of the Proraso is great for summer. The Executive Man is also good for summer. But then itโ€™s also good for winter

IMG_2362.jpeg
ย 
IMG_20230620_091053_518.jpg

SOTD From INDIA
- Wanted to use Romer-7 Ricardo (aggressive) from sometime with my latest favorite blade. The gap so far did not change my experience a bit. There is still no incoming message before it cuts. Lot of blade feel but not much of the blade sharpness (unlike the Urban Mooch Butterfly where blade becomes insanely sharp and you can feel that on the face). 4 cuts, hell yeah :-\

- Wanted to write about Pink Woolf Oud & Sandalwood. I did not find it that good. It's just okay-ish type. In my personal experience VICCO / Patanjali / Sunny Herbals shaving creams are far better for the slickness and lather and even for the feel on the face. I won't consider PW a Luxury thing (if we leave out its unnecessarily expensive price factor). Just trying to finish it ASAP

- Everyone knows Old Spice is always great for the face. Bombay Shaving Company's Fitkari gel I used after Old Spice was evaporated in few minutes. I would say it's nice so far. A little bit of cooling effect it gives. Not much to reduce this summer heat and humidity but also not much that I can not use it in winter. Will let you guys know when I use it more

- And personally, I don't like wooden handle brushes. But quality wise, this shaving brush is totally awesome. Neither too rigid nor too soft backbones. Bristles are quite soft. Remains in shape even after lot of u
ย 
Tq9sePl.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Spiced
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packed Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Phoenix & Beau Night Witch Balm
ย 
SOTD ๐Ÿ’ˆ๐Ÿช’
GD Pre shave
Gillette NEW with Feather Blade.
Simpson Chubby Synthetic.
TOBS Sensitive Cream.
Pitralon AS.
'My Beard' conditioner and balm.

It's a special shave today as it's our Silver Wedding Anniversary, and the razor was a gift from my lovely wife โค๏ธ.
Happy Shaving ๐Ÿ˜Š
ย 

Attachments

• 20230620_171526.jpg
    20230620_171526.jpg
    1.3 MB ยท Views: 7
SOTD-Yaqi-OC-Sentinel-GT-W_2023-06-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Yaqi 1.50 OC Sentinel GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (2)