What's new

🏒 ⚾️ 🏈 🏏 ⚽️ “SOTD - Sports Theme Week” September 4th to 10th, 2023 ⛳️ ⛷ 🎣 🚴‍♂️ 🥋

Status
Not open for further replies.
48B2D5E9-3081-41E8-872E-B5A1750DECE0.jpeg
Razor - Yates 921 brass EH plate
Blade - KAI double edge
Brush - Alpha Shaving Outlaw Shipwrecked Brass
Software - Ariana & Evans Kaizen

Very smooth and comfortable shave with the Yates 921 razor. The EH plate is efficient, smooth, and medium in aggression. Both razor, brush, and bowl (not pictured) were made of brass which were nice and heavy. The Kaizen soap and aftershave smells great and has a strong scent. After the last few days of using mild razors, this fits the bill perfectly by providing a more aggressive and close shave.

SOTD: 7th September 2023.

d.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D3)
Razor: Gem Featherweight. Pre-1954.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Pashana Original ASL/ Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A smooth shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully...I'm enjoying my vintage SE razors.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7210.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flay Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Jianyu Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue.

1694076372182.png

-Rex Ambassador @4-4-4
-Permasharp
-Yaqi Cashmere 30mm
-Grooming Dept Sandalwood Nobile SS
-Fine Santal Absolut ASL

Finally some cool weather and a nice excuse to bring out some sandalwood.
I had forgotten how good the Kairos base is.
Certainly an elite soap :thumbup:

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my third excellent shave with the Merkur 37C and a Personna Lab blade. This combination works perfectly for me. Today’s brush is the B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Bey. It has a Shavemac knot in it. This is one nice brush. The MdC soap is on its 215th use. Looks like there are many more shaves with this wonderful soap. A perfect shave: no nicks, weepers, or irritation. Have a great day, folks.

Brush: Razorock "Beehive"
Lather: Classic Edge "Bay Rum"
Razor: 1960s Gillette "Lady"
Blade: Super max "Platinum Plus"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Pinaud Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum"
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-09-07.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thursday, Sept 7th 2023

Razor : Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's-30's, mid range. This is a interesting looking razor and it was very popular for it's era and sold millions of them because the owner Henry Gaisman had plants around the world. You can buy blades to this day that will work(Feather FHS-10), I use a modified Gem blade that is superior to other blades that fit this C1 razor. I also modified it a little because the previous owner had the gap to large and just did not take care of it. I had a great comfortable close shave with my Valet auto-strop C1.
Blade : Modified Gem blade(3) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle (with a spine on it!)
Soap : Razorock American barber, sharp parallel unique scent with excellent lather qualities. Aftershave scent is similar but lasts.
Brush : Yaqi "Barber pole" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent comfortable close shave this morning with Valet auto-strop with a modified coated blade.
SOTD September 7 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD-Knockout-B_2023-09-07.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: 1947 Knockout [made in Sheffield]
Blade: Silver Star (1)
ASL: Proraso Red

A fine shave. :biggrin:

Further to recent posts by Rave (@Raven Koenes) and Jay (@Jay21), I decided to get some of my old favorites out. They being Proraso Red soap and Silver Star blades... and a most enjoyable shave ensued. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom