What's new

🪒 🪒 “SOTD - New Shaving Gear Theme Week” January 31st, 2022 to February 6th, 2022 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
526C3A6B-A810-4E71-8724-3D7A8CB17AB4.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA
SoapPAA CaD, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Sputnik G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorKarve Christopher Bradley E plate OC, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeAstra SP, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Hotel Cecil, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

IMG_20220205_202733.jpg

Feb. 06, 2021 – Valentine's Shaves 06

• Razor: Winning Razor
  • Blade: Voskhod (1)
  • Brush: Maggards Build-a-Brush 26mm Timberwolf Synthetic
  • Bowl: Timeless Shave Bowl in blue
  • Lather: Leviathan – B&M
  • Post Shave: Leviathan – B&M

Another steady, enjoyable shave with my easy razor and Leviathan. Am I the only one that picks up scents of cherry coke and rum from the soap?

SOD Sunday February 6, 2022
Have a great Sunday!!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre shave: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather HI Stainless (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
IMG_8831.jpg

93DF3BE4-5D5D-4EEC-BA73-A0C5A2C3F763.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 6, 2022

There are a bunch of Aquarians in my family - my wife, me, my oldest son and his wife. In addition to the Iwasaki 33, they’re bringing in a private chef tonight to make a shared meal of my favorite beefsteak preparation, Steak Oscar - a bone-in ribeye finished with lump crabmeat and asparagus in a hollandaise sauce for my birthday. I’m really looking forward to dinner. I don’t plan on eating anything after breakfast! It’s a bit much, but I do appreciate the sentiment, and instead of grousing as I normally would at the expense, I accepted graciously.

This morning’s mug shave featured the Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16. Charles Bresnick started a company in Manhattan well before WW2 that imported and relabeled razors from Solingen, Germany. The initial brands were Dubl Duck, then Bresduck, and after the War, with new ownership they became Pearlduck. People argue about the differences between the Wonderedge, the Satinedge and the Goldedge. Not an issue for me! My Goldedge always delivers a great shave as it did this morning in the usual two and a half passes leaving me wonderfully smooth.

Colonial Razor of Birdsboro, Pa. has always flown under the radar, and represents a true labor of love for the Evans brothers. Kirk, since starting the company with his twin brother, Kyle several years ago, has become a devoted straight shaver with his own YT channel, “The Cutting Edge”. His brother Kyle is the very talented designer who has produced, here in the US, two remarkable, very well-received SS safety razor designs, the Colonial General, an AC safety razor design, the Colonial Silversmith DE, and is currently finishing a third DE design in aluminum as I write.

The Silversmith head design is incredibly efficient and always delivers a very close shave as most owners will tell you. In all honesty, I was not a fan of the initial Silversmith handle design, but jumped on the revised design seen in today’s pic. This little DE with the redesigned handle has great heft in hand and is extremely well-balanced. Its generous sweet spot made it a real hit with owners. Shaving with this little razor’s a pleasure, and this morning my noggin appreciated it. Two ATG passes and I was left velveteen smooth from noggin to neck and ready for my dinner this evening!

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime (Indian Version) and Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Shave of Day2.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Hoffritz Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Astra SP
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Seruim
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
9.5/10
Comments
Back to the Mergress XL with Astra SP blade for the fourth shave. Today’s brush is my oldest one: A Hoffrtiz brush I bought in 1993. The Hoffrtiz is the smallest brush that I own. The “little guy” was up to the task of making sufficing lather. The soap is one of my new ones: Ethos Lavender. A nice soap. By the end of the shave, the blade was starting to wear out. Nevertheless, a nice BBS shave. Have a good one.

Sunday February 6th SOTD- yesterday's shave was very close leading to not much growth to get this morning, so one full pass with some clean up for another very close result, BBS-, 10-/10, nothing amiss and everything good:

Pre-shave: hot relaxing shower
Razors: Occam's AC Razor
Blade: Feather AC Pro (9)- worked fine, but probably time to use a fresh blade as this one has been in the razor since October
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger
Soap: Barrister Classic Reserve- makes a fine lather very easily; mostly I get an earthy scent off the lather
Post-shave: cold rinse, then some Proraso green ASB- a dependable balm that leaves my face feeling nice

Stay well, have fun, and enjoy your shaves!

PXL_20220206_160811262.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Shave, Feb 6th, 2022

Razor: Yaqi TFC adjustable, gun metal chromed coated handle- MFG 2021> well built and accurate adjustable razor, I gotten a couple of great shaves already with my new razor (setting #2.3). Works good and looks almost like a 1936 Gibbs adjustable razor that uses(proprietary blade) but TFC could be better because it uses regular blades that are appealing to me + affordable.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(4) sharp & Smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper operator error = :a17:Excellent shave with my Yaqi TFC adj razor + a Gillette Astra SP.
SOTD Feb 6 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
20220205_102413.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1911 Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White fan
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

2/5/22
Tabac
Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo, Black Fiber
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Kingsman Bourbon Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD2-5-22.jpg

2/6/22
Green Mountain Soap Co. Balsam Spice
Vie-Long 14080
11/16 Puma #91
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Old Spice
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD2-6-22.jpg

02/06/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with HC&C Emperor Oud Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Green Label Shampoo & Conditioner Bar - Homage to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Shannon's Soap LTD Collaboration with The Razor Company - All the Rage Chupacabra Base
Yaqi Moka Express Shaving Brush 26mm Two Band Badger
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Smart Helix Apollo Stainless Steel Razor UA19028 Mild Setting
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Booster Mosswood Aftershave
The Sudsy Soapery 100% All Natural White Sage and Lime, Creamy Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
B IMG_0550.jpg

Head Shave ~
Prep: Hot shower, Proraso rinfrescante beard wash and Proraso mint & rosemary beard scrub on beard and scalp.
Pre: micro-lather from loading brush.
Soap: Cella
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: FOCS
Blade: Nacet (3) OBIF
AS: Stephan’s bay rum
Soundtrack: Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus.
Beard: Dark Bastard oil by Luxurious Bastard.

ATGx2

A fine shave this morning. I think two ATG passes is the way to go for me. First time using a bay rum AS and I quite like it. One of those scents that clicks right away, my brain said “oh yes, this is nice.” It was gifted to me in this fun vintage bottle by the barbershop next door to the record store I work at after I inquired about ordering some Pinaud samples through them. BBS but I can tell some spots aren’t as close as usual, shave #3 with the Nacet was noticeably less sharp. Curious how far I’ll be able to tolerate the OFIB challenge.

Enjoy your Sunday gents!

17CED025-68C8-4E39-A479-5B49BCA9424D.jpeg

Razor: Schick Grip L3 1973
Blade: Schick Injector (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - SHD Manchurian GelTip (26mm)
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Purely Skinful - Sweet Cherry Pie
Aftershave: PAA - Rabid Banana (Balm)
80E3C34F-DB8E-4DA8-9227-5A27D15CA1DC.jpeg

Tennis Anyone?
My first shave with this razor and it may be the best shave I’ve ever had with a Schick to date. In spite of the contrived tennis racket handle, it really was quite comfortable to hold. Super close BBS that left me smelling like cherry pie, so I had to slap on some banana aftershave to complete my Baskin Robins aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom