Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Single Blade Wood and Spice
Shave Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Balm: Proraso Single Blade Wood and Spice
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica

Wed 15
Cream & Aftershave Palmolive + MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor & Blade AC Kamisori & Feather Professional
Super nice combination of cream, brush, and aftershave!
This razor satisfied my craving for a straight. I find it incredible how the shave angle for this AC razor is much more compared to a straight razor...
20240515_101253.jpg

IMG_6729.jpeg

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Pre-Shave: cold water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger Ebonite
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Smoking Monster - Golden Dragon (tallow - unscented)
A/S: Two Girls - Florida Water (decant / diluted with Thayers Witch Hazel)
Aftercare: Aloe Vera Gelly
EdT: Zino Davidoff

A lovely mid-week DFS with the R95 and a new Suneko blade. This could've been a closer shave but I was pressed for time this morning. I'm very happy with the results nevertheless.

New gear includes the stainless steel razor stand from Yaqi where the razor can be kept standing or lying. Smoking Monster's Golden Dragon tallow-based soap and Two Girls Florida Water, which I diluted into another bottle Sind the alcohol content in this one is quite high.

The most positive experience of today's shave was the new soap. My badger brush lathered it up in mere seconds; the lather was exquisite. But more than lathering performance I am impressed with this soap's post shave feel. I have no soap irritation whatsoever and my skin feels hydrated even a day later. Many of the soaps I tried out are quite drying to my skin and often slightly irritating, which I counter mostly with WH and soothing Aloe Vera gel. Not so this soap. I'm not quite sure what it is: is it the very short ingredient list (apart from saponification ingredients only glycerin and tocopherol i.e. Vitamin E are added) or is it the tallow? Maybe it's the combination of all those things. In any case, this is probably the best soap I have tried so far, and I did try a few.

Have a great rest of the week, gents!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1805.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Badger and Blade LE Boar Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) England: Razor 1960’s Gillette Plastic handle Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
2023 B&B Contributors’ Brush by Paladin
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave with my Merkur 37c loaded with a Wizamet blade. I am down to my last few Wizamet blades. Fortunately, I have some old stock PolSilver Super Iridium blades. The Merkur–Wizamet combination delivered a close and smooth shave. Today’s brush is the 2023 Contributors’ brush by Paladin. The brush, like all Paladin brushes, loaded soap easily and made excellent lather with the Haslinger soap. This was the 16th day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, May 15th 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 . Introduced Jan 2021, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC with a unique head design for working under the nose with no blade tab overhang. One of my favorite DE modern razors that checks all the boxes for shaving needs. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (4) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice unique scented soap(Similar to Aramis classic is my understanding!?) with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Similar to a Cubby bush with a nice bloom that buts a smile on my face.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 15 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom