What's new

🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week - May 13-19, 2024 🪒 🪒🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thuesday , May 14, 2024.

Floïd oil pre shave. Martin de Candre, Vetyver. Boti Brush-SHD Captain Finest, bulb 24 mm, two bands badger, custom bond poliester resin handle. Tim Zowada, damast steel, 6/8, Mammoth Ivory Scales. Fine: Green vetiver, lotion aftersave. Gerlain, Vetiver
IMG_7416.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Omega EVO
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I switched razors today and picked the Merkur 37C. I loaded the razor with a fresh Wizamet blade. I am a fan of slant razors and this one was the second slant I bought. I can always count on this razor to give a nice, smooth shave. Today’s brush is my first synthetic brush – an Omega 81052. The brush made excellent lather with the Haslinger soap. This was the 15th day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tuesday, May 14th 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd Generation Mellon 316 SSP head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC with excellent design. Audio feedback is unique (sizzling sound when snipping whiskers) is the best way to describe it. I have found it a good top rotation razor in my shave den and one of my better purchases over the years.
Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (3) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade IMO.
Soap : Razorock Irish countryside, interesting unique scent with some of the best lather qualities i have used.
Brush : Yaqi "Rainbow" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi 2nd Gen Mellon head with a GSB blade. I receive nice shaves with this razor !
SOTD May 14 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tuesday Morning Stubble Scythe

Little Made-Rite badger did well with the TOBS cream. Just had to dip twice for three passes
and a face wash. 17th Use on the Kai blade and it's performing like new. Amazing AC blade.

RazoRock Hawk V3A Razor
Kai Protouch MG Blade (17X)
Made-Rite No. 52 Pure Badger Brush
TOBS Lime Zest Cream Sample
Citrus Musk Splash On

Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave

B90FDD82-00A9-47AA-82C3-251A3A042642-compressed.jpeg

May 14, 2024 Tuesday shave

Razor: Lord L6 w/shortened Razorock Titanium Halo handle
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless
Soap: Cella red
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5A
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

New gear: Lord L6 and AP Shave Co. G5A brush

This was the second use of the Lord L6 razor. The one thing that stood out was the blade forward character of the razor. Using a light touch, it was surprisingly efficient. It was a terrific shave with no weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation. To me, it's quite amazing that a $6 razor (delivered) can produce such a good shave. The other items used in the shave worked perfectly.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_14_24.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom