What's new

“SOTD - New Gear Theme Week” DECEMBER 13th - DECEMBER 19th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
12/17/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tribute Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Phoenix Shaving 2021 Advent Shaving Soap #4 Tokyo Rose
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Star Wisp 26mm Stygian Synth Hybrid Knot Shave Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Supply Single Edge 2.0 PVD Coated Matte Black Die-Cast Zinc Alloy Injector Razor
Supply White Label Injector Blade - 9th Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Shaving 2021 Advent Aftershave #4 Tokyo Rose
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!​

B IMG_0116D.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Gillette Red Tip
Blade
Astra SP
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today I am mixing the old with the new. The old is my Gillette “Red Tip” razor – one of the first I bought after joining B&B. Previously, my razors of choice were adjustables – a Fat Boy and Slim I bought when I started shaving many years ago. The new is the Ethos Lavender soap – the last soap I bought. A decent shave but it confirmed my opinion that my face is not in love with the Astras as so many on B&B are. Nevertheless, with touch-ups, I was able to get a BBS shave. Have a great day and weekend, B&Bers.

35E42774-2263-4175-A655-34F9B743A608.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 17, 2021

December is the cruelest month! I apologize to all my shave brothers and sisters for not posting the last two shaves, but besides losing a dear animal companion on Tuesday, I also lost a good friend’s wife to pancreatic cancer the next day. I’ve been spending the last two days with him, bringing over food and spiritus frumenti. After 7 decades we begin to lose the underpinnings (our wives) who provide the social platforms (friends and re’ships) for our lives. My good friend feels lost and adrift without his companion of 48 years. I do get it having been there myself.

Anyway, getting back to this morning’s shave. The German Import Act of 1879 put an end to the import of good Sheffield steel into Germany, and marked the rise of Solingen steel. This old 1840ish Boker & Co French Point cast steel blade always delivers a remarkable mug shave. I love the 9 Ball Slate touchup, just a few strokes followed by the constroption the night before. Two and a half passes, and I’m “smooth as a peach” to quote Hans, a Swedish shave bother. The Shake Sharp Mk 1.5 also delivered its usual two pass ATG noggin delight, leaving me velveteen smooth from shoulders to noggin.

RAZOR: H. Boker & Co. French Point 9/16 (Mug), Shake Sharp Mk1.5
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature Scent
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent AS Balm

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Fri, Dec17th 2021

Razor: Yaqi 316 stainless steel head with a Yaqi Razzo Rocket handle- Mfg 2021, upper mid range(this head) 1st shave, the razor did a reasonable job of shaving, the machining of the head is not the best for centering blade 6.5/10, but the rest of the machining is very acceptable. It must be a hard to machine the top cap because I use to machine parts. There is enough blade feel that compensates for inaccuracies of centering the blade for my mature technique, but final results tell me that it is still a reasonable razor to work the face regardless IMO.
Blade: Gillette Atlas superior platinum(1)my test standard blade, sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Tabac, mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:excellent shave with my Yaqi SS 316 head razor with a Gillette Astra SP.
SOTD, Dec 17, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday 12/17 SOTD, a very nice DFS with two-passes, nothing amiss, simply really nice:

Pre-shave: just a shower
Razor: Maxwell June Twinned DE
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Green, Russian (2)
Soap: Stirling Varen
Brush: Vulfix 376 in Super Badger
Post-shave: cool rinse, and then a of decanted Clubman AS for Friday

Have a great weekend!

PXL_20211217_174040784.jpg

20211216_135949.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC4 Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SOD Friday December 17, 2021

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Blue (28)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba
Have a great day!

IMG_8414.jpg

20211217_153848-01-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #296/2021
17-12-2021

>> DecemBOAR, day 17 <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SS
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (7)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus asl.

After having enjoyed a little site trip into SE-land with a bunch of great shaves provided by Blackland's Vector it was time to get back to a DE razor. And as expected, the combo of Blackbird and Polsilver provided a stunningly smooth and close shave. 2 passes, some touch-ups on my trouble spots - and my skin felt silky smooth again. Very nice!

Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom