Sat 19 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Bootlegged BayRum
Fantastic lather from the soap. Nice orangy scent and cooling sensation. Brush was excellent for face lathering.
Excellent shave with razor and blade pairing! Setting 9 wtg & 7 xtg-atg for 3+1 passes. Smooth, comfortable and surprisingly efficient. Good bbs to dfs result. Refreshing post & soothing aftershave. A very good shave session! Rating 9.8/10
20200918_235944.jpg

20200919_161325.jpg

Sat shave dresser.jpg

Saturday’s shave starts off with some Lakewood Smokeberry soap. The soap came as a sample. It is a tallow -base soap and does a great job giving me a smooth, rich lather. The brush today is a Rudy Vey with a Shavemac D01 two band knot. The razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.05 with a new Personna Med Prep blade. The aftershave: Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane aftershave balm. After a shower some Yves Saint Laurent fragrance.

View attachment 1156933

Pre: PAA Cube 2.0 face wash
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake two-band badger
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Cream: Palmolive Menthol
Post: Alum followed by Dapper Dragon Ice Wyrm Scale Polish

Went back for another run at the Yaqi tonight, this time with some cream. A lot of cream. Thanks to @benos for the suggestion and it worked a treat. Much better performance from the brush and plenty of lather. Speaking of lather, first use of Palmolive and I like it. Also first use of Scale Polish and that was excellent. All in all, a good shave.

I think it's time to move onto another razor as I've been using the Parker for just over eight weeks straight as I've been learning. Next up: 1968 Gillette Slim. Shooting to start with that one Sunday night.

Have a great weekend!

Awesome, man! 👍

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: 1934 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D6)
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Bowl: Buffalo Horn 6”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Cream: Taconic Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Extro Bay Rum Artigianale

Sept. 18, 2020 - Saturday Super Shave
Couldn't sleep in this morning for some reason so I decided to shave and take my time. Ended up with a really nice shave - sometimes taking the time to dial in the lather and take slightly slower strokes with the razor help get a better shave overall. Enjoyed the scent too!

RFB felt considerably better today and I also noticed better efficiency - I could have been done after 2 passes, even though I had a couple days of growth. Smoothest shave I've had in a while.

Have a great Saturday!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Cream: Cremo
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Reuzel Aftershave Splash

Tried for the first time two new products in this shave - Cremo shaving cream and Reuzel Aftershave. Impressed with both.

Saturday, 9/19:

20200919_105536.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Oku Serrano 26mm HD 2-band
Cream - WCS Cologne
A/S - OneBlade balm

This one goes to eleven. Oh boy was this one hell of a shave, so yes, I'm gonna rant! I received the Wolfman I ordered several weeks ago, in basically the same configuration as this except with a hollow handle. I'll use this one through the weekend and then compare it to the hollow and see which one I like handling better. I forgot how good this razor really is. I just still don't understand how something can be this efficient, but be as comfortable as it is during the shave and leave my face feeling so comfortable afterward. My only guess is, maybe the exposure is actually neutral or even just slightly negative, and the large gaps let enough skin in to get a close shave from the blade. I have no idea, but the thing is a goddamn miracle.

This brush is incredible. The closest thing I can compare it to is a Shavemac 2-band silvertip bulb, in that it has a ton of backbone, but those white tips are so long and soft that they just immediately give when you want to splay, so you have this really great backbone but this soft cloudlike feel. It's softer than a Shavemac though. There is only the barest hint of scrub, only enough for your nerves to tell you that there's something touching your face. It's so incredibly gentle; this is a perfect knot, literally perfect. Splays beautifully, paints superbly, the handle is uber comfortable, the resin looks great; I can't say enough about it. It generated a terrific lather from the cream, which is a phenomenal performer. Excellent density, tons of primary and residual slickness, and the dark green scent is addictive. Gotta get the splash. My face is so comfortable, and is glass-smooth after this. Shave of the week for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom