Lord Platinum
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Time to retire the Father AS-D2 – Feather blade and go to a new combo: A Mergress XL with a Lord Platinum blade, which is a nice mix. The GD Asinus is showing some wear after 40 uses. The Shavemac Syn brush is a nice synthetic: one of my favorites. The shave was nice and effortless. A smooth BBS shave. Have a nice day, B&Bers.

SOD Tuesday October 19, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (58)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have a great day!!
IMG_7854.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, OCtober 19th, 2021 Valet Auto-stop C 1, MFG 1920's- .011 original gap clearance to a .007 blade gap Henry,Jacques...jpg Henry Gaisman who controlled Valet Auto-strop also controlled Gillette Mfg in the 1930's over a patent dispute, also a person who invented and had 100's of patents on his creations.

Razor: Valet auto-strop, C1 mode, Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified blade gab from 11/1000 to 7/1000 of a inch to smooth the shave with the Gem Personna SS PTFE, great shaves, interesting and well built for its day, blade keepers are the weakest point of the whole razor. 100's of thousands of these razors where sold world wide.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood-nice bayrum scent with a some clove + good lather qualities. I load from bowl and apply drier and add a little water as needed seems to work.
Brush: Yaqi 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, excellent scrubber + good lather painter. It is designed more for a good scrubber this model IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel, Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm.(scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Valet auto-strop with a coated gem blade.
SOTD, Oct 19, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gillette 1952 Tech Bakelite Handle
Blade: Personna Super Stainless - Electro-Coated (8)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli - Aghi Di Pino (Pine Needles)
Aftershave Splash: Clubman - Brandy Spice
Aftershave Balm: Wickham Soap Co - Club Cola
CCD97013-4939-4D70-B4AD-61B7E77FE698.jpeg

The Never Ending Story Personna Blade
I want to move on but this blade is getting better and better instead of the opposite. I’m not exaggerating. It’s like it was dipped into Ponce de Leon’s fountain of youth. If I had my druthers, this is the only blade I would ever use. Unfortunately, I only have four left and that’s it…for ever.
So far I’ve been using it strictly with Techs and SuperSpeeds. I’ll have to peruse my last shaves to see which ones I’ve missed. Oh yeah, I also had a great shave with a STAR DE.
The scent of the Bignoli pine needles is so refreshing...rich creamy lather… @Chard52142 could build a lather ice cream cone up to the ceiling with this stuff.
Even though I’ve had it a while, I’m really enjoying my Semogue 1305 more and more. Maybe my favorite boar at this time.
Not pictured, but applied some Wickham “Club Cola” balm at the last minute. Mmmmm! Smells like a cold can of sparkling Canada Dry ginger ale freshly popped open.

“Valet” AutoStrop Razors - Posts and Discussions

20211017_174258-01-01 (1)-01.jpeg
SOTD #255/2021
19-10-2021

>> TALLOW TABAC TUESDAYS/ SOCTOBER / OCtober / TABACTOBER <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Premium Boar
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Above The Tie OC S2-plate
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac ASL, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

Happy shaves!

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Antica Barbieria Colla
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion

Always a great shave with ABC, and some delightful warmth and zest from the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum.

Razor: Gillette 1952 Tech Bakelite Handle
Blade: Personna Super Stainless - Electro-Coated (8)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli - Aghi Di Pino (Pine Needles)
Aftershave Splash: Clubman - Brandy Spice
Aftershave Balm: Wickham Soap Co - Club Cola
CCD97013-4939-4D70-B4AD-61B7E77FE698.jpeg

The Never Ending Story Personna Blade
I want to move on but this blade is getting better and better instead of the opposite. I’m not exaggerating. It’s like it was dipped into Ponce de Leon’s fountain of youth. If I had my druthers, this is the only blade I would ever use. Unfortunately, I only have four left and that’s it…for ever.
So far I’ve been using it strictly with Techs and SuperSpeeds. I’ll have to peruse my last shaves to see which ones I’ve missed. Oh yeah, I also had a great shave with a STAR DE.
The scent of the Bignoli pine needles is so refreshing...rich creamy lather… @Chard52142 could build a lather ice cream cone up to the ceiling with this stuff.
Even though I’ve had it a while, I’m really enjoying my Semogue 1305 more and more. Maybe my favorite boar at this time.
Not pictured, but applied some Wickham “Club Cola” balm at the last minute. Mmmmm! Smells like a cold can of sparkling Canada Dry ginger ale freshly popped open.

“Valet” AutoStrop Razors - Posts and Discussions
I've enjoyed my 1305 for years. I finally have a crack in it. I think maybe because I didn't use to hang my brushes to dry but I'm not sure that's it. For quite a while I made it my workhorse.

Tuesday (head shave)

Pre: Pears Glycerin soap in shower + 3P cream (first pass) + Proraso white pre shave (second pass)

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4

Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Black (1)

Brush: Omega 10066

Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Postshave: Osma Alum Block + Life Witch Hazel

Aftershave: Fine Fresh Vetiver splash

Balm: Nautica Voyage Aftershave balm

20211019_161006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom