Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another day of using the Feather – Feather combination. The 8th shave with this combo. Amazing how many shaves I can get with a Feather with this razor. The Ethos Lavender has been used 13 times. Another good lather and a nice close, smooth shave. Have a good day.

28788D4D-A24E-47B7-9C49-1E76E5FE8E78.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 18, 2021

Welcome to Monobilt Mitchell Monday, my friends! Just a wonderful shave this morning with the new-to-me Filarmonica 13 Novodur. For a brisk change of pace I added six drops of M-Bomb (liquified menthol crystals) to my regular MWF for a great cooling lather. The MrEE Hybrid Knot churned up a lovely, slick lather. My son touched up the edge on the razor on his jnat progression a few days ago, and the resulting shave this morning was silky smooth. Three passes left yours truly very smooth.

The Cooper Monobilt is a great shaving one piece hinged OC safety razor that seems perfect for very sharp DE blades like the Feather, Nacet or Bic. The cooling lather felt great on my noggin this morning. This little hinged 1930’s razor is solidly built and a very efficient shaver. The OC felt really good on my dome as it channeled the lather through to the cutting edge of the blade. Two ATG passes put the baby to bed, and left your happy narrator velveteen smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Filarmonica 13 Novodur (Mug), Cooper Monobilt (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 Drops M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse withHumphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, OCtober 18th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range, some blade feel, works as good as the day it was made.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood, nice scent with good lather qualities, I load in my bowl and bring dryer lather to face and then add water as needed, it lathers in the bowl differently than most soaps I find.
Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel beard wipe down +Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my MMOC + a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Oct 18, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20211017_083152.jpg

Razor: Gem 1912 Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

17 October
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #29
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

19 October
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #29
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 2 of 9
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom