Aqua Velva Ice Blue​

Phoenix Shaving Alpha Ecliptic
Feather
Soap Commander Courage
Cremo Horsehair
Duke Cannon Ice Cold Balm
Clubman Pinaud Brandy Spice AS

SOTD 16 October, 2019

My plans in travelling to Japan for the present research trip, carrying my trusty Merkur 34C HD and planning to purchase blades in a drug store paid off - I was able to walk away from the first one I tried, a Welcia chain store, with a 10pk of Feather Hi-Stainless.
purchase_otd_oct16.jpg

With that in hand, I am in for three weeks of proper shaving, as opposed to the cartridge path I usually take when travelling by air (since I never check baggage). TSA didn't even look at my disassembled Merkur and shaving brush, which I had packed separately, together in a baggie, from the rest of my toiletries. Game on! So pleased that I both get to shave well this trip, and test out Feathers, which I've not used before.

I'll refrain from posting other SOTDs while I'm in Japan, since they'll all be the same (except the shave count on the blades would increment, I guess). I'm outfitted with one of my favorite and best performing creams, Musgo Real, and another fine Fine aftershave. Lathered very nicely today, and the Feather performed according to script! (nice and close!)

Thankful for the ubiquitous Feather - and that I know I'll not have to cartridge again when on research travel to Japan :)

Today's details:

Pre-shave: hot shower and hot towel wrap
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (#1)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus, bowl lathered in a plain cereal bowl (woo hoo!)
Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus
Refreshments: (it's 20:00 in Japan right now, and this is an uncharacteristic-for-me evening shave) Kiuchi Brewery Nest Beer Pale Ale

sotd_oc16.jpg

Wednesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Executive Man
Soap: Los Angeles Shaving Soap Woody Lavender
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (7)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks/Elite Razor Manchurian White-24mmx54mm
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

LASS Woody Lavender today. 20 seconds to load the Wild West Brushworks/Elite Razor Manchurian White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Silver Blue still in the Gillette Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Clubman Whiskey Woods aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Neutrogena HydroBoost Cleansing Gel
Razor: Gillette 1940s SuperSpeed
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red)
Brush: Thater LE 5
Soap: Mama Bear’s Hydrogen Shave Soap
Aftershave: Alum/ Fellow Barber Every Day Tonic/TOBS No. 74
Balm: Clarins Men Super Moisture Gel

Date:- 16 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Moka Express Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Tertius
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Voskhod #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Wednesday

Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Cream: Arko Commando
Razor: '62 H1 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Polsilver
A/S: Family Dollar Spice Scent
Cologne / Fragrance: Old Spice Original A/S

Mike

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" / WCS Silvertip Brush / Merkur 39C / Personna Med Prep Blade / Alum / Old Spice Splash / Divine "L'Homme Sage" EdP

IMG-2322.jpg

09BD3AB5-B6BB-4BA7-9AE1-C184BED278C0.jpeg

Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Shark Platinum
Aftershave: Razorock King Louis Lavender

Brush: Dogwood/Maggard SHD 26mm
Razor: ATT S1 on MR11
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts - Sandalwood - Soap (Vegan)
Post Shave: Noble Otter - Barrbarr - Aftershave + Stirling Soap Co Unscented Witch Hazel & Aloe
Fragrance: Noble Otter - Barrbarr - Eau de Parfum

I generally prefer a splash with some aloe and menthol, but the scent more than makes up for it not being there.

2019-10-16

Horn Bowl ¤ Culmak Pure Bristle ¤ Gillette SS + Lord Super Stainless
Arko Stick ¤ Epsilon Mediterranean ¤ Scuderia Ferrari Racing Red EDT

proxy.php

Well in the world of “morning scents” there is nothing that quite equals the arrival of a new day like the smell of a fresh pot of coffee brewing. It means I woke up on the right side of the grass! So when I was reading the description of CBL Breakfast Blend I knew it was going to be a winner for me! It so very much is!

I recently picked A&E Cafe au Lait with the matching AS and love the combo. Besides slapping on a shot of expresso (thanks Chris for the suggestion) I was a bit stumped for an AS match. Trolling around one of my favourite venders I spotted an AS that would work Declaration Grooming Scrumtrulescent which is a wonderful blend of coffee and chocolate! Man, they aren’t kidding what an incredible scent! Now I have to track that soap down. But I digress....

What an incredible soap and AS combo! CBL soaps are fantastic and this is no different, great slickness and lather with a fresh coffee forward scent. The AS is a fantastic topper. Got through a wonderful two pass shave and back on the road we go. Hours later, sipping my coffee in the car and that wonderful coffee and chocolate scent still lingers.

Thanks Chris for making another winner and sharing it with all of us!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger 89lbl
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: CBL Breakfast Blend
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming Scrumtrulescent
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
1B2BF9A5-2411-4DD6-9DC5-48FF33BD03F9.jpeg

Weds OCtober 16

Birthday shave today, using 2 of my Gillette birthday F4 razors, a Fatboy and a Toggle. First pass was with the Fatboy set at 7 and I probably could have done 8 or 9. Second pass with the Toggle was set at 3.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - MWF (it's Weds)
Brush - Paladin Vesuvius
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Razor - Gillette 195 Adjustable (Fatboy) F4, Gillette Toggle F4
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Stirling Ramblin Man A/S, Stirling Ramblin Man EdT

Shave rating 5 of 5

First pass with the Fatboy at 7 was WTG and was DFS+. I could have increased the setting as this pass was very smooth with almost no blade feel. The second pass with the Toggle on 3 was XTG and again was a very smooth pass with no blade feel and also was an easy BBS. Both razors are very smooth shaving razors. The MWF lathered well and provided excellent lubrication and cushion for the shave. I had no nicks or anything close to a weeper but the alum barked a little on my neck area. I finished off with the Ramblin Man duo of A/S and EdT.

Overall, a great shave. Tomorrow I'm back to my OC focus this month with a few more French and English razors that will be the razors for my next few shaves this week.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
D72B02A0-FD72-4082-B4DA-603F1C028DFF.jpeg

Today I used:
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue Blade (first time ever)
Pre-shave: Prep
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood (red)
Brush: Omega S-Brush 10019?
After-shave: Fine Accoutrements Santal Absolut

5/10 rating didn't get the best shave with that Gillette Silver Blue, but I will try again tomorrow with new angles and the same razor. Love the scent of the Fine Santal Absolut.
Karatsu_TFAshaverGSB-1.JPG

SOTD 16 October, 2019

My plans in travelling to Japan for the present research trip, carrying my trusty Merkur 34C HD and planning to purchase blades in a drug store paid off - I was able to walk away from the first one I tried, a Welcia chain store, with a 10pk of Feather Hi-Stainless. View attachment 1026465

With that in hand, I am in for three weeks of proper shaving, as opposed to the cartridge path I usually take when travelling by air (since I never check baggage). TSA didn't even look at my disassembled Merkur and shaving brush, which I had packed separately, together in a baggie, from the rest of my toiletries. Game on! So pleased that I both get to shave well this trip, and test out Feathers, which I've not used before.

I'll refrain from posting other SOTDs while I'm in Japan, since they'll all be the same (except the shave count on the blades would increment, I guess). I'm outfitted with one of my favorite and best performing creams, Musgo Real, and another fine Fine aftershave. Lathered very nicely today, and the Feather performed according to script! (nice and close!)

Thankful for the ubiquitous Feather - and that I know I'll not have to cartridge again when on research travel to Japan :)

Today's details:

Pre-shave: hot shower and hot towel wrap
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (#1)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus, bowl lathered in a plain cereal bowl (woo hoo!)
Aftershave: Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus
Refreshments: (it's 20:00 in Japan right now, and this is an uncharacteristic-for-me evening shave) Kiuchi Brewery Nest Beer Pale Ale

View attachment 1026473
You’ve done exactly the same as me. Took a disassembled merkur 37C and brush. Bought blades locally and enjoying my daily shaves.
Nice one.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Top Bottom