What's new

October 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Still in.
Just got bombarded with some great deals on soaps from Italian Barber, but I can wait......

SOTD
Head only

Timeless Titanium .95OC/Scalloped
Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic
Astra SP x2
A&E NYC Soap and AS Balm

Great head shave tonight. 2 pass plus slight pickup. If I had to choose one soap and matching AS Balm it would have to be the A&E NYC. Scent is a devine cologne frag. This is the wife's favorite scent. Get the most complements from the ladies at work! It is a Pastures Pharmacy exclusive so call to order. I'm thinking its gonna be a NYC November! Maybe all winter, it smells that good! Plus I have 2 of each in reserve.
20191025_221832.jpg

Still in! I've got to say that when you want a change, super lathers are an easy way to go. Bigelow and TOBS Peppermint are made for each other. Mix them in a cold scuttle and you're in shavers heaven.

OCtober 26.jpg

Still in, still using the Feather SS shavette.

Switched out my blade from a Schick Proline that had at least 11 shaves on it (switched it even though it was still shaving pretty smoothly) to a fresh Feather ProGuard, and shaved yesterday morning.

Count me in as not a fan of the guarded blade in the SS shavette. The Proline is so much smoother. Even the well used Proline with 11-ish shaves on it was smoother than the fresh ProGuard.

I'll use the ProGuard again tomorrow; maybe it mellows a bit after a shave or two. If it doesn't, I'm going to try to trade the ProGuards for some other kind of unguarded blade.

I don't need the guarded blades, anyway, since I haven't cut myself at all using the unguarded ones. Live and learn, I guess. If nobody wants to trade for the ProGuards, I'll use them for maybe 5 shaves each to get rid of them and never buy them again.

I'm going to do it! I'm going to make it to the end! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's shining just for me :)

The regular size can of Gillette Foamy is no more. Used VDH shaving soap with my boar brushes over the weekend, and when I squirted the Foamy on my fingers, it was clearly at the bottom of the can. Into the trash it went. I used the neary empty travel size can of Foamy instead.

My blade since Sunday is the Dorco Prime Platinum, STP-301. I bought some a couple of years ago and never really warmed to them, but wanted to try it in my RazoRock SLOC. Pulled with the first pass of the first shave on Sunday, but not on the second and third. Just needed to be used or face prep? This morning, with Foamy, didn't notice any pulling. It's not a bad blade, and I need to use up the blades on hand. It follows Bic blades in the same razor, so that's interesting.

Although I never promised to hold off this month, so far I haven't bought or received anything shaving related. Everything has been stock on hand. I did what I was already doing, but I don't think I'll even informally agree to another GRUME again. The problem is I'll want to binge-buy on November 1. Will be ordering some VDH Luxury soap unless I find it locally (Walmart no longer carries it here and I'm out), and buying a can of Barbersol or maybe Equate shaving foam. Will also be buying a Silvertip Badger knot for a brush. Also need a pack of Schick Injector blades to have on hand. Might get a different handle for my RazoRock Old Type. Yes, that passes for binge-buying for me.

I really do have a good many blades I'd like to use up. Have enough for several years. Will be revisiting the Williams that I have in my other mug. Feeling the itch for straights again. We will see.

Well done so far, gents! We're almost there...

Remember that if you're participating in November, you have a re-stock day for needed items on November 1. :D

I'll get that thread started...now.

Still in this month - i think that'll be 3 in a row.
Now the dilemma of "do I or don't I?" for November...

There is only 1 thing that is calling my name and i strongly believe it will drop in November. I might take a month off but play along unofficially at home.

No point stopping now, is it. Might as well keep on rolling into November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom