What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 14th - October 20th, 2019

Prep: Cold water
Razor : Koraat 8/8 (1/4 hollow)
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Brush: AP Shave Co Blue Lagoon with Tuxedo knot
After-shave: Cold water --> Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary) Aftershave
Fragnance : Paco Rabanne One Million

Brush: Declaration Jefferson Matte Unicorn Bone B7
Razor: ATT S1 on MR11
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts - Druantia - Soap (Vegan)
Post Shave: Southern Witchcrafts - Druantia - Aftershave (Alcohol Free)
Fragrance: Southern Witchcrafts - Druantia - Eau de Parfum

Tuesday SOTD

GEM Junior with Bakelite Handle
GEM PTFE (8)
Mike's Lime
Vie-Long BGS2012 Butterscotch Beehive Natural Horse
Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk​

proxy.php

PAA Ascension :: That Darn Rob :: Storybook Soapworks "La Foret De Liguest" :: Chatillon Lux "LFDL" AS

SOTD - 2019.10.8
Growth: 24h
Brush: Botiho by fm - 24mm two band HD
Soap: Razorock - WTP Gold label
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), Nivea Sensitive
Passes: 2 - WTG (4), XTG (2)
Rating: 4.9/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Superb shave with this soap. The scent is a lovely classic Italian barber cologne. It lathers you beautifully creating a nice slick interface. Great shave.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

proxy.php

SOTD 10/08/2019
Retomando la King que afeita igual que una navaja,perfecto apurado sin irritaciones.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: KING COBRA
Blade: FEATHER Professional
Brush: VIELONG EPSILON Punta Plata 55x26mm Butterscotch
Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente
Lather: VALOBRA Stick
Aftershave: FLOID Blue
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión​

Filarmonica 14
Yaqi Badger Brush
Martin de Candre Shaving Soap
Vitos Pre/Post Shave
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
Alpa Fugere eau de Cologne

DSC02334.jpeg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0016 - Edited (1).jpg

Wednesday 10.09.19 SOTD
TSE Pre-Shave Oil
Gillette ball end NEW LC gold / Feather (1)
Yaqi Ruby Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
Williams Shaving Soap in a vintage mug
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg

Oaken Lab | Conservatory
Island Bladeworks "Stoya" | Elite Razor Manchurian
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

Conservatory is my introduction to Oaken Lab, and I obtained this imported product for retail price as an exclusive from West Coast Shaving. It's my understanding the artisan is a US expatriate residing in Jakarta, Indonesia.

This V2 tallow base effortlessly loads into a damp knot and intuitively yields a dense paintable face lather. It can accept a generous amount of my hard water, but it can be broken as I discovered in my pre-shave test lathers, the purpose of which are to explore a soap's characteristics and limits. First-pass and residual slickness are both above average, but not competitive with the highest tier artisans. This should hardly be viewed as a knock, but it's what benchmarks are for. Post-shave is very nice and probably just in the door of the luxury realm.

The fragrance of Conservatory opens as bitter, sharp citrus somewhere between lime and under-ripe orange. The citrus relents to a leafy herbal before ushering in a bold floral neroli. The neroli is paired with patchouli and the result just brushes my upper threshold for sweetness before being tamed and grounded in understated dry resin wood and amber.

The paired water-based splash is refreshing despite being free of artificial cooling agents, and it leaves my skin feeling well hydrated and completely devoid of tackiness or greasy residual. The scent of the splash matches and unfolds similarly to the soap. Amber and neroli is still detected at around the 3 hour mark before fading.

Conservatory is an excellent set to serve as an introduction to Oaken Lab, offering an above-average performing soap base and a pleasing early Autumn fragrance.

Oaken Lab | Conservatory
Island Bladeworks "Stoya" | Elite Razor Manchurian
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

Conservatory is my introduction to Oaken Lab, and I obtained this imported product for retail price as an exclusive from West Coast Shaving. It's my understanding the artisan is a US expatriate residing in Jakarta, Indonesia.

This V2 tallow base effortlessly loads into a damp knot and intuitively yields a dense paintable face lather. It can accept a generous amount of my hard water, but it can be broken as I discovered in my pre-shave test lathers, the purpose of which are to explore a soap's characteristics and limits. First-pass and residual slickness are both above average, but not competitive with the highest tier artisans. This should hardly be viewed as a knock, but it's what benchmarks are for. Post-shave is very nice and probably just in the door of the luxury realm.

The fragrance of Conservatory opens as bitter, sharp citrus somewhere between lime and under-ripe orange. The citrus relents to a leafy herbal before ushering in a bold floral neroli. The neroli is paired with patchouli and the result just brushes my upper threshold for sweetness before being tamed and grounded in understated dry resin wood and amber.

The paired water-based splash is refreshing despite being free of artificial cooling agents, and it leaves my skin feeling well hydrated and completely devoid of tackiness or greasy residual. The scent of the splash matches and unfolds similarly to the soap. Amber and neroli is still detected at around the 3 hour mark before fading.

Conservatory is an excellent set to serve as an introduction to Oaken Lab, offering an above-average performing soap base and a pleasing early Autumn fragrance.

Excellent write-up!

- Ken
[emoji1690]

Wednesday SOTD

DSC09286 (2).jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: Korn D55 Stonite Butterscotch 26mm Super Silvertip
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: PAA Cube 2
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Vespers
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Vespers

Date:- 09 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Summer Fig
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Voskhod #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Top Bottom