What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 16th - November 22nd, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
5510A831-2805-40D0-9915-7E1C3192BBD9.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 19, 2020

This morning’s shave featured my father’s Gold Black Beauty for my dome shave and the Witte Copperhead for my mug. My new Sapele/Resin handled Pro48 boar whipped up two glorious lathers. The thinner wetter mug lather resulted in the usual velveteen mug result. After opening up my father’s Black Beauty, I achieved the same result for my dome, but greatly prefer my Gibbs or Rex Ambassador, as both seem more comfortable in hand. They also appear to better clamp the blade, resulting in less chatter during the shave, which this morning required 2 passes and some selective buffing to achieve the same velveteen outcome as one and 1/2 with the latter. I feel cool, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Witte Solingen Copperhead (Mug), Gillette Gold Black Beauty
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Sapele/Resin Handled Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Nov19th,2020

Razor: Valet Auto-strop C1, Canadian variat- MFG 1920's, Modified gap from .011 to .007" Excellent razor with this alteration.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (1) Excellent blade for this oldie Goldie Valet Auto-strop.
Soap: Tabac- mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft with black whiskers- this brush lathers similar to my boar brush with a good scrub and soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Valet Auto-strop C1 Canadian variant.

SE SOTD, Thur, Nov19th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I fell in love with my new Merkur 34c instantly. Mild enough but efficient. Efficient is the key word to describe this razor. I love it, it's perfect. Combined with a Derby Premium blade in its second shave gave me immaculate results. Nice balance point, nice size, easy to move around and beautiful. I just received it today!

Yes! More love for the Merkur 34C! One of my most beloved razors.

Thursday, 11/19:

20201119_113418.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - Mozingo Brushworks "Venom" 24mm ZT2
Soap - Declaration Grooming Cuir Et Epices
A/S - Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice

Brilliant shave today. Another 10/10. This is the best shave with the Outlaw so far. The brush have me an outstanding lather, and the scent is pretty good, although there is some sort of a chemical-like note that was eh. Overall I liked it though. I used a consciously light touch with the razor, took care, and was rewarded with an incredibly close shave but not a hint of the irritation I'd been getting before. The GSB might be the blade for this razor, although I will probably practice a similar touch with an Astra in it to see how that goes. In any event, it was an absolute knockout.

cartoon1605728013600.jpg

Razor: Schick O Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Status
Not open for further replies.