What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 24th - May 30th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thursday May 27th 2021

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified gap from .011" to .007" thousands of a inch to smooth the shave out and it did wonders. Interesting time period for safety razors and this one was one of the better ones IMO Valet A.S mfg.
Blade: modified Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Proraso Red, nice sandal wood with great lather qualities.
Brush: New Yaqi 26mm 2band badger Moka express, excellent brush, heavenly cloud like soft tips, excellent lather generator, nice scrubber + great painter. Wow very impressed with this brush even with some badger funk smell that will leave after a few more shaves. Lots of luxury feel when scrubbing and painting lather, happy with sale purchase!
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my C1 Valet auto-strop with a modified Gem blade.
SE SOTD, May 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Brush: New Yaqi 26mm 2band badger Moka express, excellent brush, heavenly cloud like soft tips, excellent lather generator, nice scrubber + great painter. Wow very impressed with this brush even with some badger funk smell that will leave after a few more shaves. Lots of luxury feel when scrubbing and painting lather, happy with sale purchase!
Congrats! It's a great brush, isn't it...? Totally agree with you. Please take care and don't drop it...it can break easily. I broke mine and was lucky I can put it back together...

SE SOTD, Thursday May 27th 2021

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified gap from .011" to .007" thousands of a inch to smooth the shave out and it did wonders. Interesting time period for safety razors and this one was one of the better ones IMO Valet A.S mfg.
Blade: modified Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Proraso Red, nice sandal wood with great lather qualities.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my C1 Valet auto-strop with a modified Gem blade.
View attachment 1272835
Have some great shaves!
I'm definitely going to have to order a tub of Proraso red. It's my favorite!

20210527_154730-01.jpeg

SOTD #147/2021
27-05-2021

>> Mistura May Madness <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Taj handle
Soap: Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB "G"-plate.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Mann & Schröder ~ Majestät AS.

Have some great shaves, y'all!

SOTD-L-W_2021-05-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Croap: La Toja
Razor: RazoRock SS Lupo 95 head on El Fantasma handle
Blade: Personna Red (1)
ASL: La Toja

A fine shave. :biggrin:

The cream had spent long enough drying-out/curing/croapifying and worked very well. I like its somewhat unusual scent. Unfortunately the ASL is just a bit too cologney for me; I prefer either extremely simple scents or (what I think of as) extremely interesting scents.
It would be a fine ASL if it wasn't for the scent (IMO). :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Wednesday shave

3AE594F9-5F18-4560-8A87-788D0D342516.jpeg

Prep: Cleansing Story White Clay foam
Soap: Col. Conk Lime
Brush: Omega 10290 🐗
Razor: 1940s Gillette Super Speed, #10
Blade: Shark Super Chrome, #2

The Shark Super Chrome again felt neither sharp nor smooth, yet with a couple of touch ups I once more made it to an all-around DFS. A little more feedback from the alum this time and some neck irritation later on, too. I'll give it another spin tomorrow, but won't try for a fourth shave. And I may be pushing it with three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom