What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" JUNE 8th - JUNE 14th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
8ABBBE74-FF20-4C46-8D22-C2E08506C541.jpeg

4F876400-D696-47AD-B459-C6677BDCF8D2.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2020

As the intro to certain Monty Python skits used to go, “now for something completely different!” As I was reorganizing my razors, I rediscovered where I had stowed away my 1959 Gold Plated British Gillette Rocket. An authority on British Gillette’s at TSD has assured me that I own the Presentation Set razor, minus all the goodies (case, instructions etc). I picked it up off EBay UK about 10 months ago and have only shaved with it a few times. So time to give it another run! It’s in excellent condition.

Nancy Boy Signature Shave cream with M-Bomb enhancement has become my focus this month! Another tub is on the way! In addition, their Cooling After-Shave Gel with matching Signature Scent along with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash were selected for today’s shave. The razor deserved another chance. I’ll state my position here; I don’t enjoy shaving with any Gillette razor after 1940. I have Fat Boys, Slims, and Black Beauties which belonged to family, but I rarely shave with them. My Rex Ambassador and Gibbs adjustables are preferred.

So, back to the shave. In a nutshell, “meh”! I loaded a Nacet, which according to Refined Shavings’ metrics is the second sharpest razor blade after Feather. Didn’t matter! I’m just not a fan of any Gillettes manufactured after the New Deluxe. It’s the head geometry. Three pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG), but that rounded head TTO geometry shared by the Super Speeds and adjustables just don’t do it for me! Besides, I prefer more exotic shave technology. I had a decent DFS shave, but I know this geometry leads to skin irritation if I push it. At least I feel clean and refreshed! The razor’s going back in the drawer with all the Gillette TTO razors.

RAZOR: British Gillette Gold Rocket
BLADE: Nacet
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scrnt After-Shave Gel.

Wednesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor Ever-Ready 1924
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D3)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Cream: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Balm: C&E West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Lime

ThTks one interesting razor! Is Rod ever going to attempt to bring them out again? I was very interested before the quality control issues emerged!

That’s what he’s planning on doing. We’re not that far away from a release. I think these razors from Stirling will surprise many.

Left is the Hyper Aggressive Gap Razor - prototype.
Right is the Standard Gap razor - prototype.

3DDE3932-B5CC-49BE-829A-022874601D3E.jpeg

E557F253-B993-4592-8EA5-C24E607AE99E.jpeg

Date:- 10 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Colonia Balsamica
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Soap : Ariana & Evans – The Equestrian
SOTD : 10-06-2020
Razor : VIKINGS BLADE - The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor, MEIJI Edition (Vintage Bronze & Raven Black)
Blade : Astra – Superior Platinum (green) (1)
Brush : Omega - EVO Silvertip fibre - Special Veteran
Aftershave : Ariana & Evans – The Equestrian
Eau de Toilette : Ralph Lauren – Polo Green
Score : 90
Instagram review : Shavingexperience

2020-06-10_09.17.00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom