What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" JUNE 8th - JUNE 14th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Short Comb/Kai with the new Charcoal Maze setup. Kai works great here.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SOTD Wednesday June 10, 2020:
One day’s stubble
Pre: Hot water splash
Soap: Murphy& McNeil “Cliffs of Moher” - Wonderful mild, earthy, sweet, and unique scent
Bowl: Captain’s Choice
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Best Badger- Iconic, super soft, and dense lathering tool
Razor: Paradigm 17-4 - what can one say? An absolutely excellent and beautiful razor
Blade: Gillette 7 O’ Clock Black Super Platinum (4)
Post: Murphy & McNeil “Cliffs of Moher” AS splash - Great finish and really nice scent
Result: 9.5/10. An excellent, slow, and purposeful shave with outstanding tools.
Happy Shaves to All!

7220B6C6-2B91-4F73-B4E0-6EA7A81A9609.jpeg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
L'Occitane Cedrat balm
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200512_172110.jpg

B9AA8E1D-13F5-4052-A757-19079F633CBA.jpeg
FB045E4B-6AE6-4204-A048-010EFF6860AB.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2020

As I mentioned a few shaves ago, there remains only one razor in my collection that I haven’t shaved with, my Le Coq Cage Head. I have two of these, but had never shaved with my NOS, complete with the 100 yr old display tag. The user that I have is a very efficient shaver, but like my R41 requires requires one attend to the shaving process, as it can bite. The trade off is that if one maintains focus, the shave is always incredibly close. I expected the same to hold true for this razor, and it did.

Great shave! Two passes (WTG, ATG) and I was delivered right back to VBBS land. The Nancy Boy shave cream enhanced with 6 drops of M-Bomb is seriously wonderful! It won’t appeal to those of you who revel in strong soap stinks, but if you are looking for an incredibly thick, slick protective lather you won’t be disappointed. The beauty of the stuff is that one doesn’t have to worry whether it’s water hungry or not. It just works every time to deliver a great lather. The razor has a very wide sweet spot and shaved smoothly and very efficiently. That first pass cut through the stubble right down to the skin line. The final pass just consisted of some selected buffing. I feel clean, cool, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: NOS Le Coq Cage Head
BLADE: Sharp Star
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Chiseled Face Natural AS Splash. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling After-Shave Gel

I am sorry I forgot to post this. Better late than never. This was the first shave with the new Elite Bog Oak brush. @Eskimo you made a gorgeous brush. I keep just ok well fact of the matter is I'm like Golem with the ring. This is my precious. Thank you for making this gorgeous brush for me.

Razor - Sankan 1074 Japanese 6/8" razor

Strop - Perfect brand 2 1/2" Japanese strop. I dont know what leather this is but it feels a lot like the Kanayama Cordovan leather. It's just a really nice strop.

Brush - Elite Irish Bog Oak with 24mm 2band knot from Elite.

Bowl - Captain's Choice Lather Bowl

Soap - The Artisan Soap Shoppe Humidor

Aftershave - The Artisan Soap Shoppe Humidor

I wanted to have an Luxurious shave so I settled on this setup. I have a few really nice high end razors it really came down to closing my eyes and pointing. For the strop I dont want to pull out the Fine Stars yet until I'm sure the razor will not leave any Mark's on it. Soap and aftershave, well this soap is really nice and one of my favorite scents. I figured a brush this nice needed to be welcomed in with the best hardware and software I have.

My niece wanted to take the picture so this more artistic shot is all her.

20200608_204905_compress61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom