Declaration Grooming Unicorn Ivory B9A
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (6)
Lather: Maggard Razors - Groves of Italy - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Weinstrasse - Aftershave

SOTD : 13th June 2020.

29.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Wilko Men's Shave Oil.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Geo F Trumper Violet Shave Cream.

Blade: Zorrik ~ Super Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Shave cream week and for the next month or more, i'll be using my slant razors with my SOTD set ups pairing them up with blades DE blades that i've infrequently used, or yet to try. Starting the first week with the Parker 55SL & the zorrik SP DE blade.

The zorrik SP paired together with the parker 55SL wonderfully feeling comfortably smooth with no tugging or dragging issues throughout the shave.

The G F. Trumper violet cream provided a slick protective unique scented lather in no time and a excellent post shave feel.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Early Saturday

‘62 Tech
Personna Lab (2)
Face wash with Doc
Bronners Soap and
hot water.
Barbasol Pacific Rush
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

Ah a very nice comfortable one pass shave tonight. DFS but almost BBS. I am very content with it. My face is smooth and feeling very clean now. A great day to all my fellow shavers!

6094A0CD-A6D8-49CA-83A4-000DB33D6C02.jpeg
C12AE335-D9A5-40DC-81D3-3B4E4D0499E5.jpeg
F1BDADC7-AF43-425B-A600-812A97349033.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2020

One of the issues with having too many great-shaving safety razors is deciding which razor to shave with each day. I've had some incredible shaves with my Auto Strop razors this month. My VB2 display model delivered an incredible shave, but the VC4, the last and only model with a safety bar, delivered one of the closest shaves I’ve ever had from any safety razor, modern or vintage, which I reported on last week. A FB shave brother from nearby Delaware, and Auto Strop collector of many years, contacted me on messenger. He asked for my mailing address, as he wanted me to try a shave with the model he felt was the best, the VC1

The nickel plated VC1 arrived two days ago and was an extra from a lot he’d recently purchased on EBay. He’d examined it and pronounced it mechanically sound, but neglected (read ‘dirty’). After a good scrub with Dawn, whitening toothpaste, and an aluminum foil boiling water baking soda soak, it cleaned up nicely. Following an overnight Barbicide soak, it was ready for a shave this morning. According to the Waits Compendium, the VC1 was released in 1922, a year after the VB1 and continued to be produced through 1929. It was the last true Auto Strop model before Gaisman acquired Gillette and blade protection measures became a regular part of the Auto Strop models that followed under Gillette auspices (VB2, VC2, VC3, VC4).

My benefactor insisted on the use of a despined Gem blade. Thanks to an excellent video by Jim Roe of Jayaruh Shaving (@Jayaruh), preparing the Gem blade for use in the Auto Strop VC1 was easy. After an early morning shower and cold water rinse, I lathered up with the Jayaruh Custom Boar #374 and Nancy Boy Signature shave cream enhanced with the usual 6 drops of M-Bomb. The razor is about 5 grams lighter than my VB2 and VC4, which made no appreciable difference in the shave which was very good, although not quite as close as my VC4 shave. It was still an excellent BBS, but fell a bit shy of the velveteen level. I’m not sure whether to attribute it to the blade. I’ve noticed that the first shave with a Feather FHS-10 was always closer than subsequent shaves, which is also true for their DE blades. Two passes (WTG, ATG) produced a very acceptable mug and noggin BBS. Tomorrow I’ll repeat the shave with a Feather blade. But today I do feel clean, smooth, cool and refreshed. Alum revealed very slight heat around the Adam’s Apple.

RAZOR: Valet Auto Strop (Model VC1)
BLADE: Despined Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #374
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling After-Shave Gel.

Last edited:
Saturdays shave red.jpg

Today's shave starts with Haslinger Coconut Soap, the tallow formula. The brush today was my B&B LE 2012 brush. This brush was made by Rudy Vey and is a superb performer. The razor was my Wolfman SS SB 1.05 razor with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. The fragrance was GFT Sandalwood.

Sat 13th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush New Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Tiger Platinum 6th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Reuzel Wood & Spice
1st use of new Yaqi brush (won during renaming contest). Load from soap tub and face lather. Good backbone and yet soft. Kinda high glue bump but was ok. Splay was good. Easy to build a creamy, thick and slick lather. Love the handle..long enough and feel good in hand. Shave with razor & blade combo was excellent....feel really smooth, still sharpish and very comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes with no issues at all. Again, almost did not feel the blade. Icy water rinse was super great then Thayers followed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel which smells real nice...sorta lemony. Lasted 2hrs+. BBS to DFS result and rating is 9.7/10
This slant razor feels so much more comfy as compare to my other Parker SemiSlant. No sure if it's the blade factor.
20200613_102332.jpg

20200613_110328.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom