SUMMER SHAVE

Razor:Fatboy
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Isana Badger
Soap: Stirling MITA
AS: Pitralon Polar
Beer: Paulaner Wheat Beer- Lemon

View attachment 1108977

MITA is amazing, wonder how the glacial version is.
Nacet slowly becomes my favorite in my blade journey.
Pitralon was fine but i think there is better summer AS out there.
Beer was perfect for sitting in the sun.
Prost!

Friday, June 5
proxy.php

Eufros~~Simpson~~Gillette/Wizamet

Have a great day!

I have a history of being a blade skeptic, finding very little difference in shave quality amongst most blades. Despite that I threw $35 at 100 Kai blades specifically for use in my negative and neutral exposure razors like the Stahly and H&S. Closest shave I've ever had with the Stahly. If I only get results like this in the Stahlys that's good enough to consider the experiment a success. A little bit of exposure goes a long way.

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Friday, 6/5:

20200605_125317.jpg

Razor - Gillette '55 Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade - Rapira Platinum
Brush - Shavemac MB2 blue marble 24mm 2-band silvertip
Soap - Captain's Choice Nor'easter
A/S - Proraso Blue

Great shave! I tried a new blade, and it performed really well. The Super Speed is pretty mild, but with this blade the shave was terrifically close. Can't wait to try it in other razors. I lathered the soap to a creaminess with some shine, and then pushed it to see how much water it would take. Not much; it got somewhat airy with not much more, but BOY is it slick. Hard to wash it off slick. Scent is fresh and perfect with just a little menthol. Zero irritation, weepers, or redness in the end, just the way I like it. 👌

First time using the new Proraso Super Formula - I am impressed :) Proraso white tub was my first soap ever, so, the smell bring my memories years back.

proxy.php

Razor : Gillette Super Speed flare tip (Z-2)
Blade : Sputnik teflon (1)
Shaving brush : Bevel badger
Shaving soap : Proraso white
AS : Nivea Sensitive balm​

Razor: Schick L2 Stick Schick
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: L'Occitane Cade Shave Oil
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200409_100140.jpg

Tried out some new products, which have been on the ’to try’ list today:

Prep: Shower; Baylis & Harding Black Pepper & Gingseng face wash.

Razor: Merkur 42c

Blade: Gillette 7’o clock super stainless (1)

Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat

Brush: Razorock Tuxedo Plissoft

Post: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Aftershave Lotion & LEA Sensitive Aftershave Balm (complementary gift from Connaught)

41A3CB8E-84D2-4191-9325-E2DF6CE76E76.jpeg

Last two shaves were with the King C Gillette so I’ve gone to the other extreme with the length of razor today.
Really enjoyed the shave though and am liking the Razorock snowman.

10/10.

79820DD3-8070-49D4-B530-E84551697356.jpeg
F9DD6292-2DFB-43F2-9AEE-9E9CFC282EB1.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY, June 5, 2020

I own four Valet Auto Strop (VAS) razors, all of which I’ve shaved with except for my silver plated VB2 model. That razor and my NOS Le Coq Cage Head are the only two in my collection that I’ve never used. My other three VAS razors are all great head and face shavers. Today I decided to shave with the VB2. Tomorrow I’ll shave with the Le Coq.

The VB2 model was made between 1922 and 1929 and predated the Probak razor model that Henry Gaismann used to take over Gillette. It, like all VAS razors I’ve shaved with, turned out to be a great shaver as well. Software selected for the shave was Nancy Boy Signature shave cream and balm, and my brush was one of my four Jayaruh Custom brushes - the #374 Boar.

I loaded the VAS with a Feather FHS-10 blade and began my shave. The Nancy Boy generated its usual thick, yogurty lather with the help of the Jayaruh Boar. While not a fan of these particular Feather blades, my modified Gem didn’t fit well because of the raised indents in the blade receiver. Despite this, the shave went quite well.

After my shower and cold water rinse, I lathered up and had a good first pass (WTG). The Nancy Boy provided a great cushion as the razor sheared through the 36 hours growth of whiskers practically down to the skin line. The second pass (ATG) made short work of the remaining stubble and put the baby to bed leaving your surprised narrator with an excellent BBS, not quite to the VBBS level, but I’ll attribute that to the blade and not the razor. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Valet Auto Strop Model VB2
BLADE: Feather FHS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #374
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling Aftershave Gel.

SOTD, Friday, June 5th, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Martin de Candre shave soap
The Art of Shaving badger brush
E Jagger safety razor + Gillette Nacet Blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Penhaligon's Racquets cologne

Experimented with Duke Cannon body soap as shave lather on one cheek...ok, not great.

proxy.php

IMG_20200605_164922092.jpg

Todays shave was a PIF shave. Van der Hagen soap. Merkur 34C. Badger brush and bowl. Great fun to lather with. And the blade was a trade with a friend, Personna blue, comfort coated, made in usa. I LOVE this razor. 3 pass shave with not a single weeper or nick. No irritation. Aftershave went on with no burn. Cool and smooth. I didn't hit my trouble spots like I do with my Tech, since it's our first shave together. But tomorrow I'm gonna try for the BBS I get from my Tech and see how it does. So far though, it's racing up the line to be one of my favorite razors.

View attachment 1109631View attachment 1109630
SOTD FRIDAY, June 5, 2020

I own four Valet Auto Strop (VAS) razors, all of which I’ve shaved with except for my silver plated VB2 model. That razor and my NOS Le Coq Cage Head are the only two in my collection that I’ve never used. My other three VAS razors are all great head and face shavers. Today I decided to shave with the VB2. Tomorrow I’ll shave with the Le Coq.

The VB2 model was made between 1922 and 1929 and predated the Probak razor model that Henry Gaismann used to take over Gillette. It, like all VAS razors I’ve shaved with, turned out to be a great shaver as well. Software selected for the shave was Nancy Boy Signature shave cream and balm, and my brush was one of my four Jayaruh Custom brushes - the #374 Boar.

I loaded the VAS with a Feather FHS-10 blade and began my shave. The Nancy Boy generated its usual thick, yogurty lather with the help of the Jayaruh Boar. While not a fan of these particular Feather blades, my modified Gem didn’t fit well because of the raised indents in the blade receiver. Despite this, the shave went quite well.

After my shower and cold water rinse, I lathered up and had a good first pass (WTG). The Nancy Boy provided a great cushion as the razor sheared through the 36 hours growth of whiskers practically down to the skin line. The second pass (ATG) made short work of the remaining stubble and put the baby to bed leaving your surprised narrator with an excellent BBS, not quite to the VBBS level, but I’ll attribute that to the blade and not the razor. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Valet Auto Strop Model VB2
BLADE: Feather FHS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #374
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling Aftershave Gel.

What a beautiful Machine!

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor Mongoose B2\Razor Emporium Ball End
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D6)
Brush: Turtleship Shave Machine 073 24mm synthetic
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Turtleship Shave Bay Rum
Butter: Stirling's Bay Rum
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu Bay Rum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom