What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 6th - July 12th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday shave paint.jpg

Today I am using my Simpson Duke 3 in best with Mallard RC soap. The razor is a Timeless SS SB combined with a Personna Lab blade for an 11th shave. This razor and blade combo is fantastic. After my usual four pass shave, I washed the lather off my face with cool water, applied some Thayers Rose Petal WH and L'Occtaine ASB. The fragrance today was Yves Saint Laurent.

Monday, 7/6:

20200706_090857.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Shark Super Chrome
Brush - TurnNShave "Cosmos" 26mm Silversynth
Cream - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver

A wonderfully basic shave. Needed to get one in fast, so I went with the razor, blade, and cream that I first started wet shaving with. They gave me terrific results. Very nice face lather from the Proraso. The blade was actually quite smooth this time around; probably the reason this was my go-to for the first couple years. A great shave from these old stand-bys.

Razor: Gem Micromatic Gold Flying Wing Guiding Eye
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200705_081613.jpg

2A549AAC-4A77-4824-B231-8876FE58D712.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY, July 6, 2020

SWMBO left with her son and his girlfriend for a week’s vacation on Cape Cod minus your humble narrator. I’m keeping company with Gromit, my faithful dachshund buddy, in the Philly burbs. I will miss SWMBO, but am excited at the prospect of a week with my favorite fragrances.

Another great shave today! Did the face with the Feather SS folding Barber’s Razor loaded with a Feather Super Blade. Very pleasant DFS++ with some residual stubble around the Adam’s Apple. The Shake Sharp cleaned things up on the mug and again delivered its usual velveteen BBS noggin job. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Feather SS Barber’s Razor (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Noggin)
BLADES: Suneko Stacked
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Kent Infinity Synth
CREAM: Palmolive w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished withMentholated Mysterium Serum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom