What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 2nd - July 8th, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Island Man Soap
Soap: La Toja Stick
Razor: Gillette Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Stirling Boar-24mmx57mm
Aftershave: Country Club Frozen Vetiver

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

La Toja Stick today. Stirling Boar brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless in the Gillette Fat Handle Tech. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Frozen Vetiver aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Yoresh custom scuttle
Doug Korn custom badger
superlather: CRSW Select Citrus soap and Al's Goodfellas cream
Rex Ambassador razor
Kai blade
Maggard alum
CRSW Arctica moisturizing aftershave

Pre: Jojoba Oil
Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Astra SP
Cream: AoS Lavender (trying to finish it off, it's got to be 7 or 8 years old)

7/4/18
Art of Shaving "Lavender"
Art of Shaving in Best Badger
Gillette 1961 Fatboy
Astra SP (5)
Omega Alum Stick
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Reef Point "Admiralty" Balm
SOTD7-4-18.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
IMG_5110.JPG

All American today!
Soap (in the Bicycle mug) - Seignadou shaving soap from the Dominican Nuns in Summit, NJ
Brush - Rudy Vey
Razor - Gillette Red Tip
AS - Aqua Velva

Happy Independence Day y'all!

SDC12723.JPG

Pre-shave: Black Walnut Oil
Razor: PAA Prismatic with Swee-do Handle
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium
Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Aluminum Switchback Top Cap loaded with AP Shave Co. "Cashmere" 24mm Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock P.160
Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel followed by RazoRock "Blue Barbershop"

-- Sammy

Eufros Fougère//Druida Sintética//Tatara Masmune//Astra Superior Platinum//Extro Fresco

proxy.php

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

IMG_20180705_004648_BURST1-01.jpeg

Wednesday 4th.
  • Razor: Baili BD179
  • Blade: Shark Super Stainless (#5)
  • Soap: Vitos Extra Super
  • Brush: Barbeal boar

07/04/18 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with The Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood and Citrus with Charcoal and Cocoa Soap
Crown King Alt-Eleven Shampoo & Conditioner Bar- w/ Prickly Pear, Neem Honey & Yucca Root
The Art of Shaving Limited Edition Kingsman: The Golden Circle Bourbon Collection Shaving Cream
Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Blackland Blackbird Open Comb Polished Razor with 85mm Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 11th Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
Homemade Lime Infused Witch Hazel
NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Post Shave Balm
The Art of Shaving Bourbon Amber Cologne Intense
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dapper Doc Natural Deodorant - Extra Sport Strength​

B IMG_0161.jpg

Plissoft 24mm synthetic brush
Proraso Pelli Sensibili in the white tub
Dorco PL602 razor
7 o'clock yellow
Kroger witch hazel

Thursday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette Toggle (S5)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D4)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar Taj Resin 24mm
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Mallard
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

Wednesday Night

‘65 English Tech
Personna Med (4)
Tweezerman Badger
Palmolive Classic
Skin Bracer

Very close shave tonight.
Not a bit of irritation at all.

SOTD: 5th July 2018.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm ~ Sagrada Familia R1730 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Nivea Men ~ Originals.

Blade: Trig ~ (Green/White pack) Stainless Silver Edge .(4)

Razor: Parker 98R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,Lime+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Nivea Men ~Anti-Irritation A/S Lotion.

Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase A/S lotion .

Greetings,

Fourth and final shave with the trig ~ (green /white pack) Stainless Silver Edge .The smooth efficiency of this blade like it's (blue/white pack) sibling is suprisingly good, Paired up with the 98R today still performed with sharp smoothness.As always the Nivea Men shaving products where a superb addition to the shave making it a pleasurable experience.

Both of the trig blades over the last two weeks have impressed me ,with their sharp longevity and smoothness throughout my sotd's. As to say which was the better blade between them, imho they are the same blade,just in different packaging for selling purposes.

A great blade that is suited to my skin type,as are the other Pakistani Treet Co.blades that i've shaved with. What i like about both the Trig blades is that both have been consistantly smooth & predictable throughout the longevity test,and that imho is a good blade, but this is just my experience, every person's review/experience on a blade,(soap,brushes,razors etc) will vary from mine ,and it's wrong for me to label some experiences/reviews as 'right & others wrong, imho 'they are all right, because each person knows his or her experiences/opinions are right,but that doesn't make the experiences/opinions of others wrong either...However saying that, we all learn from watching, reading trying & listening, to other peoples experiences/Reviews, but we all go by our own judgement first ,before following others.Enough said, i'm starting to babble.

It's quite amazing that throughout the entire month or so i've only used 4-5 DE blades. The longevity tests on most of the blades,apart from the Bluebird Platinium, has proven to me that a blade can still perform with smooth sharp effiency and,doesn't need to be binned after two shaves.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of nivea men~ 2 phase a/s lotion.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 05JUL18.JPG

SOTD 05JUL18
Razor: Charcoal Goods lvl 2 w/ Magnum
Blade: Wizamet Super Irridium (6)
Brush: Romera 'Scammacca w/ Manchurian Finest Fan 26 mm'
Soap & Splash: Extro' O'Selvaggio

First use with the Romera brush; I've read of fellow wet shavers having problems with Gustavo be it shipping or the quality of the brushes themselves so I ordered this brush from the 'Ready-Made' section knowing that my purchase would be somewhat more protected. I was impressed with Gustavo and how he communicated with me. He was very quick to tell me that he was monitoring his father in the hospital and he would ship my brush when he had a chance. He posted my brush around 3 days or so after my order and I received it within a week. The finish of the brush was good and the knot looked great. Today's shave was spectacular and I noticed that Romera's Manchurian Finest Fan had a density between the Elite Manchurian and Declaration's B5 so I would say perfect. The knot is already showing gel tips and it's pillow soft. I can say that this knot is one of the finest I have used to date and I plan on grabbing some more of these brushes while I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom