What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 29th - August 4th, 2019

2019-08-04

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-Long American Style ¤ Gillette Aristocrat #66 + Derby Extra
Ach. Brito Lavanda Cream ¤ Lea ASL ¤ Ach. Brito Lavanda Cologne

proxy.php

Sunday, August 4, 2019
Dior, Eau savage: Shavig cream, lotion, balm aftershave & EdT
R.A. Rooney & Sons (estimate), silvertip badger, cow bone.
Welt Ruf Tuckmar, silver steel, 6/8, Solingen
proxy.php

CG Mixed Metal (copper & stainless steel) L3 Razor
Gillette Silver Blue
Taconic Bay Rum Shave Cream
Zenith Boar
Harry's Post Shave Balm
Clubman Pinaud Brandy Spice AS

SOTD - Sunday 04 August 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: PILS - 101NL
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Matte Unicorn Bone B7 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender
  • After-Shave: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender - Splash
  • Fragrance: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender - EdC (100 ml)

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh

proxy.php

• Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Matte Unicorn Bone B7 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
NICE!

proxy.php

One of the best.

Sunday
Preshave: Neutrogena HydroBoost Cleansing Gel /Baxter Shave Tonic
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red)
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Kiss My Face Cool Mint Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Kiehl’s Ultra-Facial Oil Free Toner
Balm: Burberry Brit

08/04/19 Shave of the Day
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dapper Doc Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Rabid Banana Hybrid CUBE Preshave Soap
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Schöne Stainless Steel Shaving Bowl
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Rabid Banana Shaving Soap - Summer Seasonal!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft - 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Gillette 1909 ABC Pocket Silver Flower Pattern Razor B100693
Derby Extra Blade - 3rd Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Homemade Lemon and Mandarin Infused Witch Hazel with Alum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Meta Nectar Intergalactic Attar Aftershave / Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Rabid Banana Star Jelly Aftershave Balm - Mentholated - Summer Seasonal!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dapper Doc Natural Deodorant - Extra Sport Strength

B IMG_5565.jpg

Great shot and frame! I can see why Jolly Roger is so jolly. Your bay rum and like pre-shave sounds wonderful.
Thank you. Preshave, almost gone. 99 shaves with 3-4 more shaves left out of one ounce bottle, time to make another batch.

proxy.php

Turtleship Lime soap
Pele's Wrath/Fissure 7 black and blood synthetic brush
Henckels Friodur Inox straight
Stirling Christmas Eve aftershave

Seems like every time I use this big axe of a razor I cut myself right good. I guess I'm used to the little nimble Swedish blades, and this big German hatchet requires a different technique.

Today there were several nicks, one of which was more than a nick and caused me to stop and exclaim, "Oh chit!"

The Turtleship Lime is a great summer scent, and the Stirling Christmas Eve a nice, chewy, thick contrasting smell. Plus it stings, which I needed this shave.

DB4DADB0-72C3-4BF1-B2C2-5B0689D5D448.jpeg
I have read nothing but good reviews about Stirling’s Margaritas in the Arctic and have been anxiously waiting to get my paws on some. Well that happened this week and so off we go!

Grabbed an all time favourite razor in the Merkur Mergress which I got from the Badger & Blade Saint Sue auction in 2018. A wonderful lady dearly missed and an even better cause as all funds raised go towards the fight against breast cancer. Loaded up with a fresh Kai Super Stainless and dialled into setting 3 this razor truly is the Ferrari of my den. I have never had a bad shave with my Progress much less the hot-rodded Mergress.

Now back to the soap of the day, Margaritas in the Arctic. Why on earth did I wait this long to get this soap??!’ I have no clue! Busy enjoying other scents? Abducted by aliens?! The scent is instantly a favourite, the performance certainly Stirling, but that glacial chill? Nulli Secundus!

I haven’t used the RazoRock Bruce in a long time and it was my first synth brush. It did very well with this soap and loaded beautifully with plenty of lather for three, super chilled passes. Fantastic BBS shave which was topped off with a healthy spritz of B&BW Citron. Oh my this shave will be hard to beat. However, I now have Stirling’s Sharp Dressed Man, Orange Chill and Southern Witchcraft’s Peach to get through! Good times indeed ahead.

It’s a long weekend here and much grilling is about to go down but not before I catch Bristol City and Leeds United on the box. Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Mergress 500
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: RazoRock Bruce
Lather: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Aftershave: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron

proxy.php

Merkur Progress w/Persona Red//Eric Custom w/Cashmere synth//Saint Charles Shave Smoke & Beads//Lucky Tiger//Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq

Top Bottom