What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 2nd - August 8th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, August 2
proxy.php

Unknown Test Soap~~Simpson CH2 Synthetic~~1958 D3(7)/Spoiler~~Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir
proxy.php

Have a great day!

SOTD 2.8.21

Pre: Cube mentholated soap
Bowl: Muhle black ceramic
Brush: Semogue 1438 boar
Shave Cream: Bodyshop Macaroot & Aloe
Razor: Parker Variant (setting 2.5)
Blade: Wizamet (7)
Post: Cold water rinse, Thayer's unscented witch hazel, Epsilon Blue med splash & LEA balm

Result: DFS 3 pass shave. No cuts/weepers.

P.S. The Bodyshop shave cream performed great- good cushion and very slick :)

Razor: Karve,Plate E, SB
Blade: Voskhod Teflon (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar, 26mm
Bowl: Timeless Razor Lather Bowl

Lather: Barrister & Mann LAVANILLE soap

RazoRock XXX After Shaving Splash
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut
Brush
T&H Silvertip Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Today I am using my favorite slant razor: the ATT S-1. It is loaded with a Wizamet blade, a nice combination. I was planning to use a different soap this month but decided to keep going with the Haslinger Coconut/GFT Sandalwood Cream but may add another soap. The Haslinger with the tallow formula does a nice job. I can’t detect any scent, but its performance is excellent. A very nice, BBS shave. Have a good one, guys.

Herkese sıhhatler olsun.. Have a nice shave all you..
Günün tıraşı.. Shave of the day..

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp
Brush: Pearl SBB-401 Orange Synthetic Shaving Brush
Soap: Proraso Wood and Spice Shaving Cream
AS: Rebul 125th Year Limited Edition Spring Flower Eau de Cologne, Proraso Wood and Spice After Shave Balsam

instagram : 40tansonrashaving

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi
Cool art show [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Wilkinson - Empire Set 1930
Blade: Wilkinson - Empire Wedge Blade (3)
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Mora E Muschio
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Reserve - Lavender

A4B671A7-A561-4C61-B992-4A373DE12D93.jpeg

The “Empire” Strikes Back
Fabulous Shave! After trying my best for two weeks (and failing) with my Wilkinson “Pall Mall”, I switched over to one of my Wilkinson “Empire” razors and blade. What a difference. This is the third shave since I honed up the Empire wedge blade, and have only stropped it before each shave since then. Beautiful smooth efficient shave. I might as well of been shaving with a Gillette SuperSpeed.
Pall Mall vs Empire…was it me or the razor?
My first two shaves with this blade were in the newer, and last, model of the Empire razor. This time I’m using the same blade in an older Empire (first time) and it was just as good. This model has a set screw that moves the helical safety bar in or out to adjust the blade gap. It shaved great from the first stroke so I didn’t touch it.
The Helical safety bar is on an axle and spins. It feels really nice rolling across your face rather than dragging like most safety bars and combs.
Mora E Muschio: Excellent soap in every regard. Wonderful smell of dark berries

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug2nd 2021

Razor: ASR Everready British 1912- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, nice handle to grip, easy to work the face area.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Speick stick- nice spicy scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot :001_wub: there is something about brush that is perfect for my face lathering, excellent lather generator. heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber, excellent painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel + Lavada + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper=:a17:excellent shave with my ER 1912 with a coated Gem blade.

Brush collage July Aug2nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Schick Proline (D9)
Brush: WW/Elite Razor Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew
Balm: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew

Day 20 - Another Day Another Razor

W.H.Morley & Sons Clover Brand - Barbers notch pair

I bought these razors separately and stuck them in my "When I get around to it." box. Both were a mess but had reasonable amounts of wear..

I got a little aggressive making sure no rust or pitting would get worse. The larger of the two would need a regrind to make it cosmetically pretty. I just left them alone and made scales reminiscent of 1800's wooden scales. Rough, imperfect, but functional. These two have character.

Even though the larger (bottom of picture) was in much worse condition, it shaves better than the other. This is probably due to its thinner spine/blade grind. Both scales ended up being heavier than most scales which caused me to shave slower than normal. This made for a more forgiving and nick free shave.

These two would be great for someone wanting to get into straight razor shaving.
MorleyPair.JPG

My goal is to shave one last time with at least 30 of my collection of misfits, rescues, and ugly razors. Then they all go up for sale so I can buy more to fix and customize.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday 08.03.21 SOTD

proxy.php

PRE: RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Reg Titanium Halo Handle
BLADE: Schick P-30 Proline AC
BRUSH: Yaqi Aqua 24x55mm High Mountain Silvertip
SOAP: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom