1961 Gillette Model 195 "Fatboy"
Rapira Platinum Lux (6)
Osma Alum Block
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Reef Point Admiralty Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD8-14-20.jpg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, AUGUST 14, 2020

My shave today required the use of two safety razors to complete my head shave. I first used a pass around Slant razor by Tom White, the Torqued Razor, but did experience an issue on the back of my head. The neck cleanup was a breeze, but I couldn’t seem to shave close enough on the back of my head in the troughs and valleys. After nicking myself twice with the Torqued razor loaded with a Suneko blade, I finished the back with my Shake Sharp. Good shave, but tomorrow I’ll try the Torqued razor with a Feather blade. Despite these mishaps, I feel cool, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Feather SS ( Mug), Tom’s Torqued Razor and Shake Sharp 1.5 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Suneko DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with the Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Friday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: Jack Black Supreme Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Booster Mosswood
Balm: Perricone MD Lightweight Moisturizer

Friday, 8/14:

20200814_101159.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - Wolf Whiskers Becky 24mm synthetic fan
Soap - Sudsy Soapery White Sage & Lime
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

I'm becoming a big fan of Sudsy Soapery. I've not used their tallow soaps yet, but the triple butter ones I'm enjoying a lot. The tubs are a little too small to load from, so today I scooped it out and rather than bowl lathering, I just used the bowl to load the brush and face lathered. It was probably the best lather I've gotten from their soaps so far. Super creamy, great density, nice sheen, and it was really slick! The razor just glides, and the residual is terrific. And I think the scents are all essential oils, which I like; they're just very clean, uplifting scents. I'm gonna look into their tallow and mango butter offerings, because these are a joy to use.The Astra SS felt a little smoother today too, which was good. My face is incredibly soft and smooth today; very very good stuff.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, Aug 14th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core Version 2- Mfg 2018> excellent daily driver with a Modified Gem blade. Needs a little pressure!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE Modified(9) excellent blade.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic-Sagrada Familia- excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my oneblade Core.

SE SOTD, Fri, Aug 14th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom