What's new

🪒 🪒 🧼 🧼 SOTD - “Favorite Artisans” Theme Week - September 26th, 2022 to October 2nd, 2022 🪒 🪒 🧼 🧼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Soap: Tabula Rasa "Olibanum"
Razor: Ikon SBS
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavander"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Tcheon Fun Sing "Uncle Walter"
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2022-09-26.jpg

30E53A01-4866-4C3E-9B1E-4AF00466F4EE.jpeg

Micromatic Monday / Favorite Artisans Week / SEptember

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 (face wash)

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying Wing w/ Guiding Eye (Gold)
Blade: Gem Stainless Steel PTFE

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Dirty South Shavers 2017
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight (synthetic)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Dirty South Shavers 2017

Favorite Artisans week is an interesting topic. I have to say I'm glad plural was chosen as I, like many of you I'm sure, have more than one favorite.

As far as shaving soaps go I'm definitely a huge fan of both Stirling Soap Company and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. Stirling's soaps are tallow based and Phoenix's are vegan. That means they're very different in the path they take to get to the end result but both are fantastic in their execution. Both artisans have many truly amazing scents to choose from and each provides five star customer support. These are just some of the reasons why I can say I love both brands.

For today's shave, being that's it's both Micromatic Monday and Single-Edge September, I went with a beautiful gold Gem Micromatic. This is one of my favorite single-edge razors and is always fun to use.

As I often do, I started with an alway enjoyable face wash with P.A.A's Cube 2.0. The feel of washing with this soap is unlike any other. The cleansing quality is great and the residual slickness boosts the slickness of any shaving soap you might use after.

I did a four-pass shave with the D.S.S 2017 (A&F Fierce) soap with a forth use Gem PTFE blade and ended up with a super sweet bbs shave.

I followed up with my ritual use of P.A.A's Alum block, some Dickinson's Witch Hazel and then some matching D.S.S. 2017 aftershave.

I'm a huge fan of this scent and can share with you that if you're interested, you can find this very same soap sold from Stirling Soap Company nowadays as Light-Ish Red.

Rock on gentlemen, and enjoy your shave. 😉

I blame Dave (@FarmerTan) and Thom (@thombrogan)! :yesnod:

In the past I found the scent of ARKO just too overpowering. The stick I purchased in January 2016 got used once (a good shave) and then locked away in a scent sealing prison.

I've been unlocking it and having a sniff biannually since then... WAY too strong!

At the end of July this year I opened my large (cheap) bottle of Duru Limon Kolonya for a sniff. I was shocked that I really liked it! (On receiving it, some years back, I didn't like the aroma one bit.) At that point, I immediately unlocked the infamous ARKO stick and found its scent "interesting" as opposed to "WAY too strong."

After that, I wondered if my sense of smell had gone awry. I then went on a monster sniffing session of various soaps, ASLs, foods, etc... but they all smelled the way they always had. So I thought "maybe I'd better try ARKO again."

I ordered a tub of ARKO as I'm not that keen on sticks any more. The tub arrived this morning. I like the tub, but it's way too small for loading up for a face lather (for me anyway). The ARKO soap puck is quite malleable, so I widened it to a pancake shape with my thumbs and forefingers then pressed it into one of my favorite 1⅞" deep by 3½" wide tubs. Soap in that size tub, when used with my favorite brush, remains flat (no donuts) right to the bottom.

So... my second (6½ years after the first!) ARKO shave (below) was a resounding success. I intend using ARKO for at least seven consecutive shaves to see if I'm happy to live with the "interesting" scent.

If you've read all the above (no doubt TMI) please award yourself a virtual gold star. :w00t:

SOTD
SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-Y_2022-09-26.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (2)
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80°

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Razor: Karve - Overlander - Stainless Steel.
Blade: Personna - Viking's Sword(2).
Brush: BOTI Brush - Ebony - Foregeor.
Shaving Soap: HC&C - Canadian Mafia.
After Shave Cologne: Arko - Gold Power
After Shave Balm: Noxzema - Classic.
Shaving Bowl: HC&C - Straight Wall - Black.

Stor v2 IMG_1701.jpg

Tue 27 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade Personna Super Med Prep 5th
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
What an awesome lather from this soap...love it!
Excellent shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3 easy smooth and comfortable passes for a dfs result
20220927_104053.jpg

SOTD: 27th September 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave.

I can't recall the last time that i used the clubman Pinaud soap and forgot how good this in-expensive soap is.

Because it is almost a croap-like soap it doesn't need blooming before mixing and it provides a good slick protective lather it has a really nice scent not overpowering and a good post shave feel.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'OREAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Thuesday, September 27, 2022.

Floïd pre shave oil. Fine, Fresh vetiver: Shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Shavemac, silvertip two bands badger, 28x53x100, Americana, Edicion especial Foroafeitado 2017. Peter J. Michels, inc., C-Mon., Blackie, 6/8, Brooklyn, N.Y., made in Germany. Tom Ford, Grey vetiver, EdT.
C77F55D0-43F5-4FD3-8D9D-3EE6ADB17C28.jpeg

SOTD: 27/09/2022

Razor: Occams Enoch
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Wicstun Aftershave
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist

Testing out if the Enoch changes when using a milder blade. It did make it smoother, it also bit me twice. This is just not the razor for me in a few levels. It will be removed from the shootout (in all fairness I knew this before I started from the reviews).

artisan for me today is the Soap and splash which is another favourite of mine. You can't go wrong with anything from Signature Soaps.

6C30A16F-F151-4C56-A3FB-55D5956746CB.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
1FB563FD-5C48-4271-BCFB-F2B5840E8C09.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Jovan Musk Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom