What's new

🪒 🪒 🧼 🧼 SOTD - “Favorite Artisans” Theme Week - September 26th, 2022 to October 2nd, 2022 🪒 🪒 🧼 🧼

Status
Not open for further replies.
D323D8C3-64FB-44A3-B5A7-4719B245082D.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTemper V5, SEptember 27th, 2022

Razor : Yaqi slant- Mfg 2019, well built, interesting side shields for added strength but can make getting the blade out a little harder, this aggressive slant likes a steep angle(riding the bar) and it will reward a person with excellent shaves. I place a blade shim underneath because of lots of blade reveal and it becomes one of the best slants I ever used of my 3 slants it seems. It will bite when careless with my old flabby face skin as we age a little(skin stretching slightly works).
Blade : Gillette silver blue (5) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream:001_wub:, nice mild minty Lavender with excellent lather qualities. Ach Brito is a Classic soap company and have been around for over 130 yrs based in Portugal.
Brush
: Yaqi Aqua 24mm high mountain silver tip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small nick =:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi slant with a GSB blade.
SOTD Septemper 27 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

The collection of artisan work, and photography, on this site is remarkable. For some reason I've become a fan of Carbon razors. It offers some very small batch runs and one-off custom work like this copper Mokume. Super nice razor to use and behold. All I can offer here is a low quality BlackBerry pic.
Imagepipe_47.jpg

SOTD, Tuesday, September 27th, 2022

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Eufros tobacco shave soap
Simpson badger brush
Dovo 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Alt Innsbruck cologne

Wishing luck to all our SW Fl coast neighbors!
By now, everyone in Ian's path should be boarded up, on higher ground or out of town!

proxy.php

Wholly Kaw Tempest (Siero)
Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf Rocks
Merkur Futur
Gillette Platinum (2)
Wholly Kaw Tempest (no alcohol splash)
BBS 3-pass WTG, WTG, XTG
Carefree & forgiving
No mishaps

Just when I thought I would be done with my Futur It gave a stellar shave and now I feel like hanging on to it.
As much as I like a particular Artisan brand I really feel Wholly Kaw is the top dog with the best formula. This Tempest scent (Petrichor) is amazing to me. I grew up playing in the back yard or the coldesac when it would rain I’d still be outside and this soap reminds me those times, playing in the grass and dirt. It’s the only scent from them I have but I’m very happy having for this one. The splash which is non alcohol has a soothing feeling. I have watched an interview with the creator of WK and I got the feeling the man knows his stuff and really cares a great deal about ingredients that are beneficial to the skin.
C919718B-3373-4F7B-8B93-8C56E52E9E21.jpeg

Attachments

• 25A4C43B-4025-4D16-870C-CCBB00F921AD.jpeg
    25A4C43B-4025-4D16-870C-CCBB00F921AD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom