What's new

๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ SOTD "European Theme Week" November 7, 2022 to Nov 13th, 2022 ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 11/10/22

Shower: Dove Men+Care moisturizing bar soap
Post-Shower: Jergens Wet Skin Body Lotion
Razor: Rex Konsul
Blade: Gillette 7'oclock platinum
Soap: Hoffman's Affogato
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
PreShave: PAA Cube 2.0
PostShave: CWR, Alum, Thayer's
Aftershave: Nivea Men Deep Bourbon+Vanilla
Balm: Nivea Men Sensitive balm

I just realized tomorrow is Veteran's day - thank you to all of our men and women who gave it up, in part or in full, for our freedoms we enjoy in this great country of the USA. A huge sacrifice that I certainly appreciate and pray for all who served, thank you.

Today I was moved to try Hoffman's Affogato, a soap that's been in my drawer for a while that I haven't tried yet. Since I'm a huge espresso and coffee geek, home roaster, etc. I can't believe I haven't tried it, but today was a good day for it. I had seen another SOTD last night that it had been used by someone else so today I chose to use it - its a dark and dreary day in North Texas, so it was the perfect opportunity. It didn't disappoint! Great lather, and fantastic and true scents - almost wanted to eat it!

I chose a Gillette 7'oclock blade today to go in the Konsul, set at 3.5 for WTG and 3 for ATG - got a great shave. It almost seems like increasing the numbers on the Konsul creates a more comfortable shave and less nicks. Not sure how, but I'm really loving this razor. I have an Ambassador that I really like too, but of course its more aggressive, and since I got the Konsul my Ambassador (as well as Gillette adjustables, Tatara, etc.) have all been sitting in the drawer.

Finished up with the Nivea AS and balm. Oh, and almost forgot - trying out this Jergens after shower lotion - it goes on wet skin - you apply it in the shower before you get out. Its supposed to work better than regular lotion, and I had been noticing some signs of dry skin lately, so we'll see how that works out, but so far the skin feels good.

Blessings to all my brothers, thanks for reading, please pray for our veterans today, tomorrow, and every day - they made it possible for us to enjoy the lives we have. Oh, and keep looking up!
ย 

SOTD, Thursday, November 10th, 2022

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Stirling almond shave soap + Plisson badger brush
Friedellko 5/8" "Thursday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Floid Genuine aftershave

Background photo actually Hurricane Irene back in 2011, which luckily was way off-shore of FL!
Wishing rapid recovery to all 2022 hurricane victims!

proxy.php
โ€‹
ย 
SOTD

Blackland era level 4 OC
Gillette nacet blade (2)
Grooming dept pre shave
Murphy and Mcneil BDLM2 set
Rod George custom brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl

Absolute stonker of a shave with the level 4 OC baseplate. Smooth and efficient, but just the right amount of blade feel and aggression.

Love this razor. Glad I got one for sure.
ย 

Attachments

• 20221110_204935.jpg
    20221110_204935.jpg
    1.3 MB ยท Views: 4
A3409E0C-B5B9-4DF1-8681-5017F8E04ECD.jpeg

Exploration Blade PIF / European Week / NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 (barley chrome)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (5)

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Brush: Vie-Long B0270924

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Keeping with European Week I went with my long-time English friend in the Edwin Jagger DE89. This was the very first double edge razor I ever bought. The one that started it all for me 10+ years ago.

I also choose my Spanish Vie-Long horse brush which I tend to often use along side the always wondered Stirling Soap Company, Haverford shaving soap. This brush and soap combo never fail to provide me an enjoyable shave.

I did a three-pass shave and was quite surprised at how well the EJ DE89 performed when paired with the Eddison Super Stainless blade on its fifth use. I ended up with an easy bbs shave. I mean, this blade just won't quite. That and/or the DE89 is just that good!

For the love of Haverford and Tobacco Vanille, I can't recommend the scent enough. Just beautiful, manly and strong.

All in all, another great shave was had today.

Rock on gentlemen and enjoy your shaves.
ย 

Friday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick E-3
Blade: Schick (D5)
Brush: Semogue 2020 TSN LE Boar 24mm
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: MeiรŸner Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: TOBS Bay Rum
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
E0436F47-B7C8-45AB-B4CC-8D8ACE13E376.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Blue Tube.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
ย 
Date
365 days of shaving317/315
(100%)
GRUME11/30 (100%)
NOCvember
11/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 1/3
Timor 0/3
Eddison 1/3

Passes3 and touch up
WXTGGillette Slide & Slant
(NE-SW)
XTGSlanted (W-E)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
7/10 (~25 minutes)
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (Clean)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip Piccolo Gentile mixed metal
Bolzano (5)Omega Super Badger
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Notes to todayโ€™s shave:

Continuing the Discovery Journey with the first Bolzano. Paired with the Fatip this blade retains its performance level, but I do think this first one is coming to an end. It was never harsh or pulling so I will give it another try having never used this blade before.

My Fatip never lets me down. Amazing razor with amazing performance. Smooth and easy to use. Never had much blade alignment issues too (or I use the misalignment for the more sensitive areas of my face).
ย 
Hello gentlemen (and ladies too, you never know).

SOTD_2022_11_11.gif

To celebrate armistice:

- Japanese type blade, but made in France, for the start of shave.
- American razor with (East)German blade, for the end of the shave.
- Overseas French handle brush, and Chinese knot.
- Dutch soap.
- British AS balm.
- French AS lotion.

* Written about the French Gillette ad : "The global understanding achieved by the Gillette safety razor"
ย 
20221109_171527.jpg

Yesterday

Barrister and Mann: 42 (Full Tilt)
Omega 10049
Tatara Muramasa SS on setting 1
Feather blade

I'm very blown away by the performance of the Muramasa. I was hesitating a lot on buying it because of the negative to neutral blade exposure from setting 1 to 3 as I've always enjoyed at least some exposure of the blade and blade feeling.

My last three shave were on setting 1, I'm just enjoying it. Havent tried the setting 2, 4 and 5 yet. I eill jave to at some point but I'm just impressed at how close of a shave I can get on setting 1.
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.