What's new

๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ SOTD "European Theme Week" November 7, 2022 to Nov 13th, 2022 ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: King C. Gillette
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Art of Shaving, Sandalwood (Tallow)
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm
ย 
Election Day
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian
Soap: Fellow Barber Shave Cream
Aftershave: Thayerโ€™s Lemon Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Clinique for Men Anti-Age Moisturizer
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tuesday, November 8th 2022, Election day in USA!

Razor : Ever-Ready streamline 2nd generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, one of the nicest looking ASR razors and well built to last with some care. The blade stops are set forward more than other ASR razors that hold a Gem blades to create more blade feel. Installed a RIGS shim to smooth it out a little more. Very easy going shave with a blade on 10 uses.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
Soap : Razorock Irish Country side, nice unique sharp clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Very slick soap.
Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm silver tip badger, WoW hair bloom, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very fine hairs that give a gentle smooth face feel.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish country side with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Ever-Ready Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD November 8 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 11/8/22

Shower: Dove Men+Care bar soap
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Razor: Rex Konsul (set at 2.5)
Blade: Permasharp (Day 3)
Soap: Stirling Autumn Glory
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Post Shave: CWR, Alum Rock, Thayer's
AfterShave: Pinaud Clubman Vanilla
Balm: Neutrogena HydroBoost Gel Cream

Trying the Neutrogena HydroBoost today, its so "smooth" that you really feel places that you missed, at least I did today. Not sure if I'm always that sloppy but today I really noticed it. Also its day 3 on the blade so maybe that's part of it. I notice it seems to also cover up the aftershave pretty well, so maybe I need to use HydroBoost first, then aftershave. Curious what others do here.

Today is voting day - Get out and VOTE! I'm headed there in a little bit to do my part, my wife has already voted today.

Blessings and joy to my shaving brothers, hang in there and keep looking up!
ย 
55DDC98B-D574-43D0-94CA-AF579D2FE0E3.jpeg

Tech Tuesday / Exploration Blade PIF / European Week / NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Gillette Black Handle Tech (1938-1945)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Hot Apple Cider
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Hot Apple Cider
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Being that it's very foggy outside this morning I decided to try out Stirling Soap Company's Hot Apple Cider for the first time. It just feels right for today.

Also, being that it's Tech Tuesday I wanted to burst out my recently acquired black handle Tech. This razor is much less common than its all nickel fat handle Tech brother and is a version that deserves a little more attention.

As you all know (or should know) Gillette Tech razors do the job of shaving very well. There's not a lot of fuss with these. Just slap in a blade and away you go.

For today's shave I'm continuing with the Eddison Super Stainless blade, now on its fourth use. Matched up in the Tech razor, this blade showed no signs of slowing down. The blade seems to be holding up very well and continues to impress me.

I did a four-pass shave with some against the grain buffing and earned a DFS+.

The Hot Apple Cider soap did a great job of protecting my face, as all Stirling soaps do and the scent is as you would expect. Appley with lots of cinnamon! Speaking of which, go easy on the aftershave. I uh, poured out just a touch more than I originally intended but being that I'm the type that loves a real healthy dose of aftershave in general, I threw it all on. Boy was I feeling it. That cinnamon really got me. Wooow!

After a few minutes the "Hot" simmered and the fragrance as a whole began to shine. This is definitely a nice scent for the season and upcoming holidays. If you dig hot apple cider consider picking this set up.

Alright gentlemen. That's it for today.

Enjoy your Tuesday and shave on!
ย 

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Bonjour/Hola/Ciao B&Bers!

This weekโ€™s SOTD Theme is โ€œEuropean Shaving Gearโ€.

I picked this theme a bit selfishly as I will be in France and Spain next week and need some shaving gear shopping ideas. So help me spend some $$$ with some cool European gear SOTDs!

This weekly theme is fun and easyโ€ฆ we just want to see your shaving stuff from Europe or have you incorporate items from Europe into your SOTD photos! Bought a new brush from Germany or Spain lately? Loving a newly acquired Italian or Ukrainian soap or a fragrance from France? Show us and tell us all about it.

Nothing European themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Letโ€™s see your European gear!
Great idea! This got me to thinking, since I am of Swiss descent, I'm wondering if there are any products from that country which I could purchase and support?

I believe Greencult razors & Haslinger soap are from neighboring Austria. Anything made in Switzerland?

Thanks,
ย 
Last edited:

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick (D3)
Brush: QED Select 5024 Manchurian 24mm
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Mikes Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: St Johns Bay Rum
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
8E29C4B8-F7FB-41E0-BCC1-59DFE9B46599.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horse Hair.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom