What's new

🎄🥂 “SOTD - Christmas/Holidays Theme Week” DECEMBER 20th - DECEMBER 26th, 2021 🏝✝️

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time again for another SOTD Theme Week! Let’s see your festive SOTD images this week.

Let’s see let’s see those Christmas Trees, Kwanzaa Kinaras, Festivus Poles, etc. Or maybe a pic shaving with your ugliest holiday sweater or a glass of that high octane egg nog that helps you cope with the family over the holidays! Holiday themed soaps and aftershaves? Let’s see ‘em.

Are you lucky enough to be on a cruise or lying on a tropical beach? That counts as a holiday and we wanna see it! Are you getting all spiffy for midnight mass? Let’s see your shave setup. Opened a great bottle of wine or booze this week? Tell us about it or incorporate it into a photo.

This isn’t only about that old dude with the white beard. Per usual, if you don’t have anything festive… post your shave or tell us about it anyways!
As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Have a Happy and safe Holiday season, All!!!

73306DC4-E81B-47CE-8EB8-42DA6330C36B.jpeg

SOD Monday December 20, 2021

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso White (48)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso White Dopobarba
Have a great week!

IMG_8469.jpg

8AB4AFA1-0F31-4222-AA25-005D91E29139.jpeg

20/12/2021 - Finalised Daily Driver Signature Set, thanks for viewing, and wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year :) ❤️🎄

Main technique of shaving = Geofatboy, with touches of SinatraLennon (YouTube DE shaving legends)

Products are chosen in honour of:

- My Father - (Dove Original Cream Bar and Nivea Soft Cream)
- SinatraLennon - (Wilkinson Sword TTO)
- Geofatboy - (Astra SP and Alum)

Signature Shave Set:

Razor - Wilkinson Sword TTO
Blade - Astra SP
Hand Lather - Dove Original Cream Bar
AS - Alum + Nivea Soft Cream

Menthol Monday SOTD

menMonday.gif

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe Manchurian badger 24mm
Bowl: PAA Travel Scuttle 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: TSM Fougère Toner

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
24563238-7CE3-4AF2-8CF4-56ABFF7782B0.jpeg

1) England: Brush Vintage Vulfix Pure Bristle.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette MiLord.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

12/20/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Speakeasy Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Briar Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A True Fall Classic
Phoenix Shaving Original Label Lo~Haiku Artisan CK-6 Shave Soap Limited Edition - A homage to Hai Karate!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Star Wisp 26mm Stygian Synth Hybrid Knot Shave Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Grackle DOC Razor
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 3rd Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Shaving Original Label Lo~Haiku Artisan Aftershave Limited Edition - A homage to Hai Karate!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!​

B IMG_0187D.jpg

46B35DE9-4FE7-4148-9B16-DB228F80F4EA.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 20, 2021

My class finished yesterday, and all that remains is the grading due this Wednesday. The fun begins tomorrow when the in-laws arrive from Las Vegas. Have to pick up beer, ready the guest room and manage SWMBO’s anxiety. Why do women go crazy when guests arrive? My sister-in-law is a bit of a princess. Her husband jumps at her every beck and call. I understand why SWMBO is nervous. What will be will be! I’d like to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my shave brothers and sisters. Stay safe and healthy out there!

The shave this morning couldn’t have been better. The Filarmonica 13P Novodur was a delight. It has a magnificent 9 Ball Slate/Jasper burnished bevel that just scooped away the mug whiskers as it glided through the slick MWF lather in two and a half passes leaving my mug glassine smooth. The noggin received comparable treatment from my Le Coq Cagehead safety razor. I received this wonderfully efficient NOS safety razor in exchange for one of my two Eclipse Red Rings several years ago. Two slow, careful ATG noggin passes put the baby to bed, again leaving your happy narrator smelling limey clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Filarmonica Novodur 13P (Mug), Le Coq Cagehead (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom