What's new

SOTD "B&W/Sepia Week" - March 6th - March 12th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017-03-12

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-Long 75 year anniversary 2-band ¤ Gillette Aristocrat #66 + Merkur Super
Nanny's Citrus Zinger ¤ Myrsol Agua De Limón ¤ Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

proxy.php

A perfect way to start the weekend, gentlemen. Photographs, written descriptions and commentaries were all exceptional. Thanks for each one. All were greatly appreciated.
@Hanover - Mark, as I probably said last time: that's a dickens of a shave! Great composition. Love the razor.
Thanks Ron. .:001_smile

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Shaving Brush: J&T - ChrisVM (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition - Balm

...@120inna55 - ...I believe you're quite fond of that striking SE...
Indeed, I am. I have a real problem, too. I'm finding it difficult to reach for my other fine razors in my collection, but I love variety. I now have 2 Streamlines (1st gen and 2nd gen) and probably at least one more on the way. I intend to have one of them get the DeltaEcho treatment. Maybe the one on the way will have a less-than-stellar finish to make that decision easier.

Sunday evening

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Treet Durasharp (2)
Soap: Valobra
Brush: Omega 10018
A/S: Agua Lavanda Puig
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

proxy.php

Joseph Elliot, Sheffield 13/16" Razor
Rubberset inspired Finest Badger Brush, made by myself.
Le Pere Lucien, Rose de Pushkar Saop
Old Spice Original Aftershave

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Private Reserve Monsta Myrtle Balm

Thank you for your wonderful pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday :thumbup:

A perfect way to start the weekend, gentlemen. Photographs, written descriptions and commentaries were all exceptional. Thanks for each one. All were greatly appreciated.

@ram57 - Beautifully rusticated photo.
@mathiashellsing - Splendid close-in shot. Natural lighting is perfect.
@JBO667 - Good use of the stand in this portrait, Jerad.
@ChrisVanMeer - Quite a nice display, Chris. Sepia is perfect for this photo.
@Jnatcat - Attractive arrangement, Will.
@shm - Very sharp, rosy photo, Søren. Even your stone is color-coordinated!
@ClaudioBP - Handsome display, Claudio.
@RamBaldi - Striking high angle photo. That Charcoal hammered brass(?) razor is a real beaut! How do you like it?
@Clint64 - Lovely pic, Clint.
@Cash_Stronomer - Great deep bronzed image to end on, my friend. Be looking to see that occasional photo.
@carm-gs - Comely lineup. Like your lighting.
@Dagwoodz - Love the saturated color, Josh. Makes for a pleasing photo.
@cmh737 - Spectacular shot, Chris. Rich B&W. Love your placement.
@CT23 - Beautiful picture, Chris, with your shadowed arrayment backed by the highlighted harbinger of spring.
@skypsyd - Superb design to this presentation, Dave. The blurred brush and bowl provide a fitting anchor to the shot.
@Doug57 - Appealing photo, Doug. How did your soap blend perform? It's a mixture of remnants?
@120inna55 - Excellent pic, Matt. Fine tribute to Adagio. I believe you're quite fond of that striking SE.
@UngerWoo - Sharp looking layout.
@nikonNUT - Glad you had the right touch wielding the pliers. I believe your aftershave is a bit low.
@Rxdude - Sightly high angle POV. Looks like a fine shave.
@blzrfn - Neat picture, Dave. Love your supporting brushes. But, about that giant in the background....
@eezee - That's a fine fetching rusty rose sepia, Erich. Love that tone.
@Smooth Steve - A very dramatic overhead shot, Steve. How was the Dead Sea soap? I've almost bought it several times.
@Hanover - Mark, as I probably said last time: that's a dickens of a shave! Great composition. Love the razor.
@FreddieP318ti - Arresting photo, Freddie. Is that cream on that bowl?
@PACO GALAN - Fetching portrait of a tempting arrayment.
@azwetshaver - Great close up, Gabe. An enticing shave.
@xxlpack - What an enchanting photo. Love those multiple frames. Again, great commentary. That Racer is a winner. Looking forward to giving it a try.
@ram57 - Beautiful image: such a pleasing ensemble. That's quite an attractive brush.
@EzraCobb - Like your two perspectives very much, Jamie, especially the B&W. How did the Futur imitation shave?
@sandstone - This exquisite photo has texture, Phil! Bravo!
@evnpar - Marvelous picture of an enviable shave. The scales on your blade are terrific.
@sarimento1 - Great to see you again, Murray; I was afraid you'd fallen into a snow drift somewhere way up north. Stupendous trilogy of shots ... well worth the wait!!

Ah, now an hour later than usual! Must get to bed. See you soon. gents.
Thanks Ron. Inside the bowl is about 90 grams of no longer available Karite off the block. It had been vacuume sealed to keep its scent. I'm not a fan of Rose scent but this one is nice and an excellent performer. Wonderful soap!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Shavemac ATG LE Silvertip D01 Two-Band
CRSW Lavish
Asylum Evolution
Gillette Silver Blue
Fine Fresh Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

proxy.php

Domingo 12 Marzo 2017

• Myrsol Emulsión
• Paladin Chief 26mm Butterscotch
• Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
• Oneblade V2
• Speick Active ASL

proxy.php

@ram57 - Beautifully rusticated photo.
@mathiashellsing - Splendid close-in shot. Natural lighting is perfect.
@JBO667 - Good use of the stand in this portrait, Jerad.
@ChrisVanMeer - Quite a nice display, Chris. Sepia is perfect for this photo.
@Jnatcat - Attractive arrangement, Will.
@shm - Very sharp, rosy photo, Søren. Even your stone is color-coordinated!
@ClaudioBP - Handsome display, Claudio.
@RamBaldi - Striking high angle photo. That Charcoal hammered brass(?) razor is a real beaut! How do you like it?
@Clint64 - Lovely pic, Clint.
@Cash_Stronomer - Great deep bronzed image to end on, my friend. Be looking to see that occasional photo.
@carm-gs - Comely lineup. Like your lighting.
@Dagwoodz - Love the saturated color, Josh. Makes for a pleasing photo.
@cmh737 - Spectacular shot, Chris. Rich B&W. Love your placement.
@CT23 - Beautiful picture, Chris, with your shadowed arrayment backed by the highlighted harbinger of spring.
@skypsyd - Superb design to this presentation, Dave. The blurred brush and bowl provide a fitting anchor to the shot.
@Doug57 - Appealing photo, Doug. How did your soap blend perform? It's a mixture of remnants?
@120inna55 - Excellent pic, Matt. Fine tribute to Adagio. I believe you're quite fond of that striking SE.
@UngerWoo - Sharp looking layout.
@nikonNUT - Glad you had the right touch wielding the pliers. I believe your aftershave is a bit low.
@Rxdude - Sightly high angle POV. Looks like a fine shave.
@blzrfn - Neat picture, Dave. Love your supporting brushes. But, about that giant in the background....
@eezee - That's a fine fetching rusty rose sepia, Erich. Love that tone.
@Smooth Steve - A very dramatic overhead shot, Steve. How was the Dead Sea soap? I've almost bought it several times.
@FreddieP318ti - Arresting photo, Freddie. Is that cream on that bowl?
@PACO GALAN - Fetching portrait of a tempting arrayment.
@azwetshaver - Great close up, Gabe. An enticing shave.
@xxlpack - What an enchanting photo. Love those multiple frames. Again, great commentary. That Racer is a winner. Looking forward to giving it a try.
@ram57 - Beautiful image: such a pleasing ensemble. That's quite an attractive brush.
@EzraCobb - Like your two perspectives very much, Jamie, especially the B&W. How did the Futur imitation shave?
@sandstone - This exquisite photo has texture, Phil! Bravo!
@evnpar - Marvelous picture of an enviable shave. The scales on your blade are terrific.
@sarimento1 - Great to see you again, Murray; I was afraid you'd fallen into a snow drift somewhere way up north. Stupendous trilogy of shots ... well worth the wait!!

Ah, now an hour later than usual! Must get to bed. See you soon. gents.
Good Morning Ron, thanks for the comments for the last 2 days.

The Barbasol works great, i used the original as well as the gillette red can my entire shaving years (also colgate when it was available).. always worked for me, zero drying, plenty of moisture and lots of cushion, but cushion never mattered for disposables unless it was the original bic single edge. seems ppl automatically hate on canned cream when they start using brushes, but realistically it works great. the purple can is amazing and slicker than the red can, that was the 1st time i used purple can. 1.97 at wally world. .u cannot go wrong.

****futur chines knock off, amazing. well built and heavy. i read all the reviews about some arriving with the middle dial part on backwards and uneven blade gap. well the dial was fine ,,i did unscrew it and was able to fix the blade gap, thanks to a youtube video ,that showed how to fix it.
so good, i ordered the black matte finish one, this time on ebay. 19.97 with a free brush and free delivery... why spend double for the merkur ? no reason, as the knock off is the same. other than being able to twist dial until head removes... wich does not bother me at all.... 19.97 for this beast ... wow. bargain, also very audible, that is fun, spreading butter on toast baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom