What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Yes, I have. They remind me so much of a Chick that I wonder if they are made by the same factory in China and are re-branded for sale in Japan.

The injector blades which is distributed in Japan is made in the USA.
Please enter "made in USA" for google translation and convert it to Japanese.
You should be able to find the same letter at the top of the package's barcode.

Yes, I have. They remind me so much of a Chick that I wonder if they are made by the same factory in China and are re-branded for sale in Japan.

Fantastic, thanks Steve! I was hoping for Proline/Twin type of performance with an injector key attached to the magazine.The Chicks are good, but I definitely prefer the Prolines as of right now.

The injector blades which is distributed in Japan is made in the USA.
Please enter "made in USA" for google translation and convert it to Japanese.
You should be able to find the same letter at the top of the package's barcode.

As I understand it, Personna makes all of the currently manufactured injector blades except for the Chinese Schick blades. Are you saying that Personna makes blades for their competitor Schick that are sold in Japan? And if they are making blades for Schick to sell in Japan, then why is Schick having blades made in China for sale in the US?

Do they also make the Schick II twin blades for the Japanese market? If that's the case, why not also sell the twins in the US?

That all seems very strange to me.

Last edited:
As I understand it, Personna makes all of the currently manufactured injector blades except for the Chinese Schick blades. Are you saying that Personna makes blades for their competitor Schick that are sold in Japan? And if they are making blades for Schick to sell in Japan, then why is Schick having blades made in China for sale in the US?

Do they also make the Schick II twin blades for the Japanese market? If that's the case, why not also sell the twins in the US?

That all seems very strange to me.

Who in the United States is making that blade?
Why not sell in the US?

Very incomprehensible but I do not know.

However it is clearly stated that the package is made in the USA. I do not think they are camouflaging locality.

@xxvaleria @Somerled (or any other forum member): Have either of you gentlemen tried the Japanese Schick Single injector blades available through that Japanese sale site? Thank you!

I've never tried them Joel, once I found out how good the B-20's were, I lost interest in other single blades.

Glad to see you finaly got around to trying the Prolines, and with such good results.:cool:

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Bought some more Schick injectors and a Gillette X1 American made super speed recently at a antique store and could not refuse because they had the original cases and they were the E2 Canadian version I really enjoy and best of all very affordable. Pictures are before and after cleaning and Sterilizing. The black Bakelite case was exclusive for the Canadian Schick injector from my understanding.
Schicks from the Wild Sexsmith 1.jpg
Schicks from the wild 2.jpg
After clean up and Sterlized the razors.Pictures below.
Schicks cleanup1.jpg
Schicks cleaned up 2.jpg

Congratulations, Ron. They look great, and I'm sure that you will enjoy them a lot. I'm especially impressed with the cases.

New Injector Razor fanatic checking in! Been using a cartridge my whole life, wanted to try something different. Wet shaving looked classy and manly, SE seemed more beginner friendly to transition. So naturally I ate up the hype and bought a used Oneblade Genesis lol. Good razor, good shave but those proprietary blades...money money money.

I was watching YouTube shaving vids and saw one with an Injector. Thought the blade loading was the coolest thing ever, used blade flinging out. Went and bought an almost new Schick Adijustable(because I love options) and went loaded a fresh Chick and dear god I’m in love. They say start at 1, that was just shaving the shaving soap off lol. I cranked her to the max and got the smoothest shave I have ever gotten.

No other weepers/irritation/ingrowns. So easy to keep the angle, I’m in love with this thing! This is just with the Edge gel, been thinking of pulling the trigger on some Shaving Sticks as I’m not interested in bowl lathering but there’s so many choices and no idea which my face is gonna like. Always disliked buying something and immediately abandoning it.

Love love love the razor though, and they say the Japanese Twins are even better! That shipping/wait though, I’m so impatient and wish they were sold locally in the states. Maybe one day I’ll pick some up, so easy to order the Chicks from Walmart.

Glad to be a part of the club!

Welcome to B&B and welcome to the SISSIES. I'm glad that you have discovered injector razors and are enjoying them. They are probably the best-kept secret in traditional shaving. As you observed, the Chick blades are superb, but by all means, get yourself some twins to try in your adjustable--they will really surprise you.

New Injector Razor fanatic checking in! Been using a cartridge my whole life, wanted to try something different. Wet shaving looked classy and manly, SE seemed more beginner friendly to transition. So naturally I ate up the hype and bought a used Oneblade Genesis lol. Good razor, good shave but those proprietary blades...money money money.

I was watching YouTube shaving vids and saw one with an Injector. Thought the blade loading was the coolest thing ever, used blade flinging out. Went and bought an almost new Schick Adijustable(because I love options) and went loaded a fresh Chick and dear god I’m in love. They say start at 1, that was just shaving the shaving soap off lol. I cranked her to the max and got the smoothest shave I have ever gotten.

No other weepers/irritation/ingrowns. So easy to keep the angle, I’m in love with this thing! This is just with the Edge gel, been thinking of pulling the trigger on some Shaving Sticks as I’m not interested in bowl lathering but there’s so many choices and no idea which my face is gonna like. Always disliked buying something and immediately abandoning it.

Love love love the razor though, and they say the Japanese Twins are even better! That shipping/wait though, I’m so impatient and wish they were sold locally in the states. Maybe one day I’ll pick some up, so easy to order the Chicks from Walmart.

Glad to be a part of the club!
Welcome!

I would highly recommend some soap and a brush to go along with the Schick Adjustable. As you note, you can get very good shaves with just Edge, but traditional soaps/creams offer a lot more slickness which steps the shaves up even one notch further. Not necessary to have a bowl to lather in, although I would recommend it while you're learning how to generate a lather. For the learning period, a cereal bowl would work well enough. All you need it for is to dial your soap into the slickness and cushion that you want. Once you master that, you can just face lather, getting the lather where you want it by adding water to your brush as you generate it on your face. My recommendation would be to get a synthetic brush and soap/cream samples before you buy anything else. PM me if you need suggestions on anything.

On topic for this thread now, the Twin blades are quite excellent. I also really like the Schick Proline B-20 blades. I have too many Chicks right now, but once I use those up I'll only be using Twins or the Prolines. Don't get rid of your empty Chick magazines, and use a different blade disposal system than the bottom of the magazine. If you get the Prolines (which can also be bought from Japan with the Twins or are available stateside), you need to cross load them into a different magazine as they come in a magazine without a key. The Chick magazines are very useful to cross load into. Hope you keep enjoying your Adjustable!

So, is eBarbershop not out of business then? I just read something in another thread that made me think it might be open still, so I checked and it appears to be still in business. I really hope there wasn't some kind of glitch, as I really like the Type O clone and think more people should get a chance to try it. I also hate to see any wet shaving business struggle. Hopefully, they found a way to make things work and are back up and running.

Welcome!

I would highly recommend some soap and a brush to go along with the Schick Adjustable. As you note, you can get very good shaves with just Edge, but traditional soaps/creams offer a lot more slickness which steps the shaves up even one notch further. Not necessary to have a bowl to lather in, although I would recommend it while you're learning how to generate a lather. For the learning period, a cereal bowl would work well enough. All you need it for is to dial your soap into the slickness and cushion that you want. Once you master that, you can just face lather, getting the lather where you want it by adding water to your brush as you generate it on your face. My recommendation would be to get a synthetic brush and soap/cream samples before you buy anything else. PM me if you need suggestions on anything.

On topic for this thread now, the Twin blades are quite excellent. I also really like the Schick Proline B-20 blades. I have too many Chicks right now, but once I use those up I'll only be using Twins or the Prolines. Don't get rid of your empty Chick magazines, and use a different blade disposal system than the bottom of the magazine. If you get the Prolines (which can also be bought from Japan with the Twins or are available stateside), you need to cross load them into a different magazine as they come in a magazine without a key. The Chick magazines are very useful to cross load into. Hope you keep enjoying your Adjustable!

Thanks for the Info! I've been on a mad shaving craze lately, I used to never shave on the weekends but I do now because this Injector is smooth as hell. Picked up an empty Old Spice shaving mug at a flea market for 3 bucks and right as I'm leaving the owner stops me and asks if I want the soap that came in the mug? He pulls out a baggie with a half used Old Spice puck in it, says he spooned it out to wash the mug. I was pumped, heard this stuff was awesome! Got a bundle of vintage NOS blades cheaply online(Platinum, Golden Swedish, Injector Twins, Schick II Twins and Chromium) coming on Tuesday so I'll finally be able to try some Twins(USA made tho).

Ebay had that $5 off coupon not too long ago, so I got 3 Palmolive shave sticks from the UK for 60 cents shipped. I'll take your advice and cut a knob off the stick and bowl lather until I'm comfortable. I'll try the sticks and the Old Spice soap for now until I start branching out.

Thanks for the Info! I've been on a mad shaving craze lately, I used to never shave on the weekends but I do now because this Injector is smooth as hell. Picked up an empty Old Spice shaving mug at a flea market for 3 bucks and right as I'm leaving the owner stops me and asks if I want the soap that came in the mug? He pulls out a baggie with a half used Old Spice puck in it, says he spooned it out to wash the mug. I was pumped, heard this stuff was awesome! Got a bundle of vintage NOS blades cheaply online(Platinum, Golden Swedish, Injector Twins, Schick II Twins and Chromium) coming on Tuesday so I'll finally be able to try some Twins(USA made tho).

Ebay had that $5 off coupon not too long ago, so I got 3 Palmolive shave sticks from the UK for 60 cents shipped. I'll take your advice and cut a knob off the stick and bowl lather until I'm comfortable. I'll try the sticks and the Old Spice soap for now until I start branching out.

Sounds like you have a good plan for it! Definitely recommend starting out with a good synthetic brush. Lots of vendors sell them (Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Maggard Razors, Stirling) and they're excellent. Soft enough, with mild scrub and the ability to generate a good lather from bar soap if needed. I started with an Omega boar and I think I finally got it broken in enough after about 4 months of daily use. Starting with a synthetic might make the learning curve with a natural hair brush steeper later, but at least you'll know what kind of lather you want then and can recreate it with the natural hair.

I hope you enjoy the vintage blades. I have some NOS Personna Twin blades that I've only used in my Personna Floating Head injector. I've used the modern Japanese Schick Twin II injector blades in several other injectors. I have a preference between the two but I don't want to bias you one way or the other. I got 15 or so shaves out of the Personna Twins and over 40 with the Japanese Twins. They're both quite sharp at first, but smooth out significantly before the end of the first shave. The smoothness stayed with both of them for the life of the blade. Fantastic shaves out of both.

Enjoy the shaves!

Ron R

I'm so impressed with my E2 that it will be in top rotation of razors and it will for sure be used on SE Sunday shave with the rest of the Group(just have to get in the habit of remembering that one enjoyment).
Another thing that I noticed when I installed a new blade the Chicks have a light film of oil to protect the blades. Because I plan on using this blade once a week minimum I will put a 1 drop of gun oil on the blade edge to make sure it stays great. I know straight razor guys have to oil their blades always for storage or they corrode over time in the scales protector, Mat from razor Emporium uses gun oil for mechanical linkage because it's better than mineral oil he claims for staying wet & rinses off before use reasonably easily I have found.
SE Sunday entry.jpg

I'm so impressed with my E2 that it will be in top rotation of razors and it will for sure be used on SE Sunday shave with the rest of the Group(just have to get in the habit of remembering that one enjoyment).
Another thing that I noticed when I installed a new blade the Chicks have a light film of oil to protect the blades. Because I plan on using this blade once a week minimum I will put a 1 drop of gun oil on the blade edge to make sure it stays great. I know straight razor guys have to oil their blades always for storage or they corrode over time in the scales protector, Mat from razor Emporium uses gun oil for mechanical linkage because it's better than mineral oil he claims for staying wet & rinses off before use reasonably easily I have found.
View attachment 920076

I have always been able to easily get more than 25 shaves from a Chick without needing to do anything special for the blade, but who's to say that your oiling of the blade might push it to very many more shaves. Let us know how it works out.

Hello to all you SISSIES. As I've discovered I prefer injector razors over DEs, I figured why not........

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable. Currently 7 but I'm always either adding or selling.

2. Tell the types that you own. Currently, an E2, 2 G1s, I1, I2, J1, and a Schick Stick. I have a Golden 500 on the way and I've also, at one time or another, had a F, Grip, another G1, B, and a few others.

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types. 80% injector and 20% DE

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why. J1 for my head and G1 for my face although I haven't shaved with the E2 yet so we'll see!

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why. Stick. It's not that I dislike it but the designs clearly became less aggressive as the years went by. My skin likes DFS/BBS with as little passes and clean up as possible.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors. I'm sure glad I found them although my stable of DEs is feeling neglected!!

Pic below. Yes, I know the Stick handle is warped. My brother picked it up for me at a flea market where it had been in a glass case and the sun caused the warping. He paid $2 for it and otherwise it's in nice shape. The bend hooks right when holding it and, as I'm right handed, it works fine for me!

DSC_0050.JPG

Ron R

I had mentioned earlier that I picked up some E2 Canadian NDCodes 1937-45 at one of the nearby antique stores and one was in rough shape and I dickered it down because the spring was off to the side(some kid playing with it....?) and was in need of a serious cleaning & repair. I decided to make it into a swivel for easy cleaning and loading B20 Schick proline blades easier to install and it works just great. The hardest part was bending the little center tab out of the way with out doing other damage to this little jewel of a razor and bending the spring back to its normal position to the factory specs(this razor will never be sold as long as I can shave- just a beautiful simple engineering design razor). I like this arrangement for installing blades and cleaning the razor if I desire and still can use as injector magazine also(WIN WIN scenario).
Schick swivel1.jpg
Schick swivel 2.jpg

FullSizeRender[137201].jpg

Top Bottom