What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Hello to all you SISSIES. As I've discovered I prefer injector razors over DEs, I figured why not........

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable. Currently 7 but I'm always either adding or selling.

2. Tell the types that you own. Currently, an E2, 2 G1s, I1, I2, J1, and a Schick Stick. I have a Golden 500 on the way and I've also, at one time or another, had a F, Grip, another G1, B, and a few others.

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types. 80% injector and 20% DE

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why. J1 for my head and G1 for my face although I haven't shaved with the E2 yet so we'll see!

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why. Stick. It's not that I dislike it but the designs clearly became less aggressive as the years went by. My skin likes DFS/BBS with as little passes and clean up as possible.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors. I'm sure glad I found them although my stable of DEs is feeling neglected!!

Pic below. Yes, I know the Stick handle is warped. My brother picked it up for me at a flea market where it had been in a glass case and the sun caused the warping. He paid $2 for it and otherwise it's in nice shape. The bend hooks right when holding it and, as I'm right handed, it works fine for me!

View attachment 923304
Brother 4,

I have a suggestion for straightening the handle of your Schick Stick razor, but I assume no liability. Proceed with your best judgment. I predict you can do it relatively easily.

Soak the razor in fairly warm water (not boiling water!) for say 5 minutes. Put on some heavy leather gloves, and see if you can physically bend the handle back to its original position.

I have about a dozen injector razors from the following categories: Type E, Type G, Type I, Type J, Type L, Type M and Type O (clone). Also the Pal Adjustable and the Pal Injecto-matic. As to my favorites I guess the Type L-3 "The Grip" with the "tennis racket handle" from 1973, but with a twin blade to pump up the aggressiveness. I also like the Pal Adjustable, and I like the Type I with a new old stock twin blade, and without the Hydro-magic feature which is not compatible with twin blades.

I've shaved with injectors off and on since 1957, but just recently discovered (I think) I generally have used too steep a handle angle. My bad. After completing a current test on some other razors, in several weeks I plan to experiment with a shallower angle for the injectors (raising the handle a bit). The idea is the blade should be maybe only 3 to 5 degrees or less off the flat surface of one's face.

I have tough old man whiskers, so most of the injectors are a little mild for me unless I load with a twin blade. OTOH I also at age 81 have thin fragile skin that the aggressive Type E is hostile with.

I don't like the Hydro-magic cleaning feature that some L's and J's have. I consider it to be a gimmick.

Caution: Do not try to open and injector head for cleaning unless it is factory-designed to be opened. Every time you load a blade there is a self-cleaning action. If you weaken the spring with unnecessary and inappropriate opening the injector probably is ruined.

Good luck. And keep in touch!

Had a shave. Read all 36 pages of this thread. Had a shave.

Bought a PAL Injectomatic. Need some blades so will get some Chicks, and later think about Prolines. I just bought an ATT SE1 and love it. Had to try an injector just to complete the SE experience. Will report when it's up and running.

Picked up an Ebarbershop Type O Clone and some Japanese twins off of the BST. Got it today, holy ******* christ is it supposed to be this hard to put a blade in? The stem wasn't even able to go in all the way for me to inject a blade, and pulling it out took all my strength. The injector stem was almost bent pulling it out, I know some of ya have one, is that normal? Is the original Type O this hard as well(I know Valeria has one)?

I primarily use a Schick Adjustable, never experienced anything like that.

I’ve got a eBarbershop O clone but have had much difficulty inserting either the key or the Twin blade. It was somewhat stiff for the first blade if I remember correctly, but after that I haven’t had problems.

I’ve got a eBarbershop O clone but have had much difficulty inserting either the key or the Twin blade. It was somewhat stiff for the first blade if I remember correctly, but after that I haven’t had problems.

Tried again, this is above and beyond what I would consider normal. I tried the stem in my Adjustable and it slipped in smooth as silk. Went back to the Clone and I cannot get it in far enough to inject a blade. I could if I laid it on its side and used a hammer to tap it the rest of way. Removing the stem is so difficult the frame of the blade holder is being bent as I pull.

I could understand like a little tightness but this can't be right at all.

Picked up an Ebarbershop Type O Clone and some Japanese twins off of the BST. Got it today, holy ******* christ is it supposed to be this hard to put a blade in? The stem wasn't even able to go in all the way for me to inject a blade, and pulling it out took all my strength. The injector stem was almost bent pulling it out, I know some of ya have one, is that normal? Is the original Type O this hard as well(I know Valeria has one)?

I have an original Type O and have had no issues getting a key or a twin blade in the razor.

Seems a bit strange your having problems with this.
Have you tried any other blades?

Auto correct strikes.. it should say, “ ...I have not had much difficulty inserting the key or blasé...”

Tried again, this is above and beyond what I would consider normal. I tried the stem in my Adjustable and it slipped in smooth as silk. Went back to the Clone and I cannot get it in far enough to inject a blade. I could if I laid it on its side and used a hammer to tap it the rest of way. Removing the stem is so difficult the frame of the blade holder is being bent as I pull.

I could understand like a little tightness but this can't be right at all.
I would contact eBarbersop. They are pretty good in responding and correcting problems.

I have an original Type O and have had no issues getting a key or a twin blade in the razor.

Seems a bit strange your having problems with this.
Have you tried any other blades?

Tried a brand new Japanese Twin blade holder. Tried NOS American Twin blade holders. Even tried the modern Chick and the stem will not insert 100% fully. Its supposed to snap all the way in like it does on my Adjustable. To any of you with a handy pack of Injector blades, mine will only go as far as the M on STEM. And not one bit more, I do not want to hammer it in and break it.

Tried a brand new Japanese Twin blade holder. Tried NOS American Twin blade holders. Even tried the modern Chick and the stem will not insert 100% fully. Its supposed to snap all the way in like it does on my Adjustable. To any of you with a handy pack of Injector blades, mine will only go as far as the M on STEM. And not one bit more, I do not want to hammer it in and break it.

I would get in touch with the vendor.
Something doesn't seem right with the razor and there's nothing to adjust.

Unless Steve @xxvaleria can think of something.

I have three O clones and an actual Type O. On some of them, the first blade can be a little stiff to inject, presumably because the spring is initially pretty stiff. I have heard of a couple of gents who had a great deal of difficulty inserting the first blade. I understand that they contacted eBarbershop and got a replacement razor with no problems. Beyond that, I haven't had any real problems with the clone.

Thanks for all the tips, I decided to say **** it and found a real Type O on the 'Bay. I know there was one with like a 300 dollar buy it now that was sitting there for months, didn't wanna pay that much (someone eventually bought it this week). But there was another one that wasn't advertised as a Type O, just as a Schick Injector. Still pricey as I'm sure those bidders knew exactly what it was, but I won the auction. I love my Adjustable but there is something so nice about the more modern rubber grips that I missed from my Mach 3.

Aside from that crazy 300 buck one, the one I bought has been the only Type O I've seen in a long time. Hype.

I used my type O clone for the first time today and man it was nearly impossible to get the injector glide to insert into the razor. I never could get it in all the way in. I put my entire body weight on it and it sill didn't budge. Managed to get a blade started and carefully used my finger to push it in. There is a small section on the handle where the chrome finish isn't very good at all.

The clone doesn't seem to glide along my skin as smoothly as my real injectors. The razor feels sticker on my skin. Hard to describe. To eliminate variables I used the same face wash and the same cream I have used for weeks (TOBS Peppermint). Anyone else feel this with their Type O clone?

I used my type O clone for the first time today and man it was nearly impossible to get the injector glide to insert into the razor. I never could get it in all the way in. I put my entire body weight on it and it sill didn't budge. Managed to get a blade started and carefully used my finger to push it in. There is a small section on the handle where the chrome finish isn't very good at all.

The clone doesn't seem to glide along my skin as smoothly as my real injectors. The razor feels sticker on my skin. Hard to describe. To eliminate variables I used the same face wash and the same cream I have used for weeks (TOBS Peppermint). Anyone else feel this with their Type O clone?

There have been a very few reports of difficulties inserting the first blade into the Type O clone. In every case that I have heard of, the eBarbershop people have replaced the razor with no argument. Actually, there have been very few complaints, and the replacement razors seem to have worked fine. It is difficult to load the first blade because the head is very tight, but all subsequent blades insert fine. I have three (and an original Type O), and I have had no problems after the first blade. I have used one O clone for more than 235 shaves (4 twin blades) with no complaints.

I don't understand your description of how "the razor feels sticker on my skin." All of mine have been very smooth and comfortable, regardless of the prep that I have used. I recommend that you contact the vendor, explain the problem, and request a replacement.

There have been a very few reports of difficulties inserting the first blade into the Type O clone. In every case that I have heard of, the eBarbershop people have replaced the razor with no argument. Actually, there have been very few complaints, and the replacement razors seem to have worked fine. It is difficult to load the first blade because the head is very tight, but all subsequent blades insert fine. I have three (and an original Type O), and I have had no problems after the first blade. I have used one O clone for more than 235 shaves (4 twin blades) with no complaints.

I don't understand your description of how "the razor feels sticker on my skin." All of mine have been very smooth and comfortable, regardless of the prep that I have used. I recommend that you contact the vendor, explain the problem, and request a replacement.

Sorry that should say sticky on my skin. I knew it would be hard to describe. Imagine if the head was made of soft rubber instead of chrome plated metal. It just didn't glide on my face very well. It was weird. I sent an email to eBarbershop asking for a replacement.

Yes, read some of my posts above. i could not for the life of me ever get the injector stem to fully insert into the razor so I can load a new blade. I put all my weight into it and the razor was starting to bulge from the intense pressure I was putting on it. People say the first blade is hard to put in, I wouldn't know because I could never get the blade pack to fully insert to even get a blade in lol.

FYI, just got a real Type O earlier this week. Brand new, still in the US Mail Order plastic sealed baggy. Put a blade in and it inserted smooth as silk with no issues using the same blade pack that was near impossible to slip into the Clone. Tossed the clone in the trash, don't even wanna resell it someone else.

Hey - has anybody here ever tried carrying on a loaded injector razor when traveling by air? I’m wondering if my Type M, with a preloaded blade, might pass for a cartridge razor at security.

Hey - has anybody here ever tried carrying on a loaded injector razor when traveling by air? I’m wondering if my Type M, with a preloaded blade, might pass for a cartridge razor at security.

I wouldn't advise it. Not only does it not look like a cartridge or disposable razor, but it has from 2 to 5 fewer blades. If you decide to try it, keep us advised--but I wouldn't try it with anything you couldn't afford to lose.

This problem of not being able to insert the key and load a blade is unheard of in my experience. I suggest it is a mechanical factory flaw, and the razor should be exchanged. But try this first. Put a little Vaseline on the key to aid entry. Maybe after one successful blade loading, no more problems?

A long shot, but it's free and easy!

Last edited:
New SISSIES recruit reporting for duty!

> 1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.

So far just one.

> 2. Tell the types that you own.

So far just the L-1 clone from PAA. But in the future I would also love to have an adjustable and either an E or G, maybe even a Grip or a Stick Schick because those look awesome even if they don't shave any different than what I have now.

> 3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.

In the past week, at least 60-80% of them, and probably 100% of them next week!

> 4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.

I can't really say, because I've only used one.

> 5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.

I can't really say, because I've only used one.

> 6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.

There is definitely a learning curve involved after using DE for the past 3 years. But even a "mild" injector like my L sure seems to mow down hairs more efficiently than a "mild" DE, and it's a lot more maneuverable under my nose. So far I'm just using Chicks in it (no interest in the twins, because I already have a Trac II handle when I'm in the mood for something that modern), but I'm really looking forward to trying Prolines.

I've just finished skimming through all 36 pages worth of threads, and I'm glad to be here!

Top Bottom