What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

I just heard from @Twelvefret that eBarbershop is going out of business on August 18 due to health issues of the owner. Thanks for the heads-up. I bought two extra Type O clones (there's a 30% off sale) as backups. I also asked the owner where he gets them from so that I can let you gents know. I hope he responds to me.

Ok you Enabled me Thank you.
Always wanted One so I pulled the Trigger. Now I just have to find Twin blades for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wanted One so I pulled the Trigger. Now I just have to find Twin blades for it.

That shouldn't be a problem--they are available on eBay, both vintage NOS twins and the currently manufactured Japanese Schick II twins. Incidentally, I just finished my 84th shave on a Japanese twin blade in my Type O clone and I'm BBS.

Just used the Type O clone with a fresh Chick blade. Solid DFS. Had a rough shave yesterday so this was the perfect shave for me today. My skin actually looks fantastic and not bumpy (very rare feat for me). Glad I pulled the trigger on two new O clones yesterday though. The blue plastic piece is moving back and forth inside the handle and I had a difficult time inserting the injector key. Going to keep using it until it falls apart, but that might be sooner than I had hoped...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That shouldn't be a problem--they are available on eBay, both vintage NOS twins and the currently manufactured Japanese Schick II twins. Incidentally, I just finished my 84th shave on a Japanese twin blade in my Type O clone and I'm BBS.

I was noticing your shave count. You’ve left a phenomenal DNA sample on that poor blade .

Been a while since I've looked in here.

Hi Gents! Hope everyone is well.

Shame about eBarbershop closing down with the potential loss of the O-Clone to the shaving community.

My 3 Schicks (L1 - Type M and Type O) all have Twins installed. I've never exhausted any of them and have lost count of how many shaves they have done. My Type M with the vintage Dutch Twin just keeps going on and on.

Strange though, having found my shaving nirvana I got bored with perfect BBS shaves, without irritation or weepers, and started looking around for a challenge.
I now have a few straights, learned to hone, and also learned how damn sharp they are! (on several occasions)
I've settled on a Feather Artist Club SS as my favourite for now - no honing or stropping required!

But, if anyone ever asks me what would I recommend for a good shave, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest a Schick with a twin blade.
I won't be abandoning mine anytime soon :001_smile

Last edited:
Received my O-Clone today.
Ok wow what a great shave I only have a single blade for now. Twin on order. This is one heck of a razor from EBarbershop to bad they closed. You are in our Prayers.
On to the shave.
O-Clone.
Blade Schick Single Edge.
Tabac soap and aftershave.
3 pass no touch up.
BBS.
This Razor is Now in my Rotation.
Thank you All you Enablers it is Appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
... I bought two. Just in case...

SchickTypeO.ebarbershopTypeOClone.TopJPG.JPG

My heir and a spare arrived yesterday. Thanks, Joel, for letting me know about the business closing. So now I have the Schick Type O + 3 clones. Should be enough.

In the photo, the sizes look different. They're not. The clone is identical in all respects except the markings.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Right now, I have 85 shaves on my O clone with the twin, 70 on my N1 with a twin, and to get a break from the twin blades, which are still giving great shaves, although I think the O clone probably could use a new blade, I used my Schick 66 (G4) this morning. It has a "standard" chick blade in it with 25 prior shaves. I was pleasantly surprised at the shave. It felt as though the blade was virtually new. I'll have to see how far I can push this blade.
One thing I really like about the G4 is how light and nimble this razor is. I almost wish that Schick had made a O variant that was as petite as the G series. It is such a comfortable razor to use and maneuver with.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well I bought some Schick Canadian injectors E2 & E4 this mid summer with some Canadian made Schick injector blades at a antique store so you can imagine how old they are(over 70+ years...) The blades worked for a couple of shaves and dulled it seemed to me.
I bought some new Schick blades on Amazon recently (USA MFG> Personna came to mind) and recently tried them out and WOW they sure work well compared to the the old Canadian dried out blades and how they were stored is questionable.
I have the Schick E2 & E4 both made in Canada pat 1930-45 N.D.Code and I can tell you the E4 black handle will give any aggressive razor a run for it's money. The shave> BBS for such a old razor was such a surprize, I did some research and the E series Schick razor are aggressive but the E2 is not as aggressive as E4 IMO but a little smoother.
Been having some renewed interest in them and the shaves are great.
Schick E2 Butterscotch handle Vs E4 black handle.jpg
The estimations of these various razors are in the ball park.... IMO.
New razor aggression chart of most of my razors approxmate areas of concern..jpg

Ron R

I have been shaving with a new modern Schick injector blade(chicks) and it performs very well, the first few shaves are very close so little pressure is needed(it will bite) but after that boy OH boy does this blade perform sharp and very smooth & care free with reasonable hand technique. The blade is over twice the thickness of a standard DE blade and maybe that has something to do with the ultimate blade IMO. They are a little pricey($.07-.11 US per shave for my beard type) but they sure work well in my Schick injector Canadian E2!
latest-blade-review-rev-4-sept-15-2018-jpg.912833

All the best!What comes around goes around in time

I have been shaving with a new modern Schick injector blade(chicks) and it performs very well, the first few shaves are very close so little pressure is needed(it will bite) but after that boy OH boy does this blade perform sharp and very smooth & care free with reasonable hand technique. The blade is over twice the thickness of a standard DE blade and maybe that has something to do with the ultimate blade IMO. They are a little pricey($.07-.11 US per shave for my beard type) but they sure work well in my Schick injector Canadian E2!
latest-blade-review-rev-4-sept-15-2018-jpg.912833

All the best!What comes around goes around in time

My preference with my coarse beard right now is the Schick Proline B-20s. Not as easy to come by as the Chicks unfortunately. Also, not available right away in an injector magazine so they must be hand loaded into a different magazine for use in the vintage injectors. For me, they're sharper which leads to a smoother shave. Much more effective in cutting the incredibly coarse stubble under my chin that has been the bane of many a razor. So far, no razor blade has ever not hung up on that area going ATG if I haven't sufficiently whittled it down first. The Proline hangs up there much less than every other blade I've used (DE, GEM, injector, AC). Luckily, it is available for AC razors too, which means I've basically just been using those two platforms lately. The Japanese Schick Twin blades are also very sharp, while staying smooth. And for longevity, there is no comparison. Over 40 shaves with one in a Type M. I would put the Twins just a half step (maybe not even that) behind the Proline, simply because the Twin blade makes me slightly more prone to ingrown hairs if I accidentally chase BBS.

@xxvaleria @Somerled (or any other forum member): Have either of you gentlemen tried the Japanese Schick Single injector blades available through that Japanese sale site? Thank you!

My preference with my coarse beard right now is the Schick Proline B-20s. Not as easy to come by as the Chicks unfortunately. Also, not available right away in an injector magazine so they must be hand loaded into a different magazine for use in the vintage injectors. For me, they're sharper which leads to a smoother shave. Much more effective in cutting the incredibly coarse stubble under my chin that has been the bane of many a razor. So far, no razor blade has ever not hung up on that area going ATG if I haven't sufficiently whittled it down first. The Proline hangs up there much less than every other blade I've used (DE, GEM, injector, AC). Luckily, it is available for AC razors too, which means I've basically just been using those two platforms lately. The Japanese Schick Twin blades are also very sharp, while staying smooth. And for longevity, there is no comparison. Over 40 shaves with one in a Type M. I would put the Twins just a half step (maybe not even that) behind the Proline, simply because the Twin blade makes me slightly more prone to ingrown hairs if I accidentally chase BBS.

@xxvaleria @Somerled (or any other forum member): Have either of you gentlemen tried the Japanese Schick Single injector blades available through that Japanese sale site? Thank you!

I'm waiting on my Proline B blades, they didn't ship out right away. The Proline P is my favorite blade. The other AC blades don't work for me.

I agree about twin blades and ingrowns, I always go after and get BBS, the Twins always cause ingrown, so I don't use them. I don't get ingrowns at all otherwise.

I haven't tried the Japanese single injector blades, I just started using the Type E2 to accompany my MMOC and ATT SE1 and will just use the Proline.

Ron R

You fellows talk about the Schick proline B-20, no doubt they are great blades but it is quite something to find them in North America and to order from Japan seems a bit of a hassle almost to me. The chicks are great blade also and easy to buy and come with the injector cartridge. One of these days I will have try a Pro-line blade no doubt!
I'm going on my 10th shave and the blade is still reasonably sharp & smooth IMO.
How many shaves would a proline B-20 get compared to a chick blade would be interesting? Japanese have excellent products. The Schick(chick for Chinese MFG) might be going up in cost with all the new tariffs President Trump wants to impose on China, so I bought a few extra cartridges just in case.
This is a great thread for Schick information and products. Thanks for information Joel & others.

You fellows talk about the Schick proline B-20, no doubt they are great blades but it is quite something to find them in North America and to order from Japan seems a bit of a hassle almost to me. The chicks are great blade also and easy to buy and come with the injector cartridge. One of these days I will have try a Pro-line blade no doubt!
I'm going on my 10th shave and the blade is still reasonably sharp & smooth IMO.
How many shaves would a proline B-20 get compared to a chick blade would be interesting? Japanese have excellent products. The Schick(chick for Chinese MFG) might be going up in cost with all the new tariffs President Trump wants to impose on China, so I bought a few extra cartridges just in case.
This is a great thread for Schick information and products. Thanks for information Joel & others.

I order from Japan to the US. I have over 400 Proline P blades in my stash for my ATT SE1. I trimmed one for the E2 and instantly order 40 Proline B blades, which shipped at $.34 a blade. I will happily wait patiently for them. I don't use the injector often, will probably use it more now with the Proline, but the 40 Proline B's should last me a while.

The B-20s are actually carried by a few different vendors that will ship to the US (and have their websites in English!). One vendor on the bay has them, but it's a large quantity. If you would like the specifics on the others, PM me and I'll send the names over to you. Don't want to get into any trouble by listing specific vendors names out.

Top Bottom