What's new

Soap review - Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint

So, I have a small concern. It might be more of a nit.

I placed an order with SS on evening the 17th. That same evening I placed an order with Bain Amour. BA sent me a shipping notification the next day, but I haven't received a shipping notice from SS. Was this the same for the rest of you that have ordered from SS?

As long as my order (one L&P, one S&M) arrives in a timely manner it is not really a problem, but notice with tracking information would have been nice.

I usually don't hear anything from them the first day but I get a notice a two maybe three days later that it's shipped. That message includes a tracking number. Usually doesn't take more than a week tops from the time I order until it's at my mailbox.

I've used the soap a few more times, and with a new blade. It is indeed pretty good, especially considering the price. Unfortunately I find that the soap is too moisturizing for my skin in the summer months (to give you an idea, any kind of balm is out of the question even in the dead of winter) I'll definitely revisit it come winter though.

I use soaps that moisturize followed by a balm year round and I live in Arizona. It can't get much hotter than it does here. I do sometimes like something with a nice menthol kick on the really hot days so Lavender & Peppermint is nice followed by a balm with a little bit of a cooling effect or a cooler splash then some Neurtogena Post Shave Lotion with SPF in it.

Dave, good point but we are jealous of your dry heat. Lots of humidity for us this summer and Naes12 up the road in Montreal. Ugh.

Dave, good point but we are jealous of your dry heat. Lots of humidity for us this summer and Naes12 up the road in Montreal. Ugh.

It was the hottest summer we've had in a very long time. I don't miss the humidity at all (used to live in Ohio) but this summer was brutal. I guess that's the price we pay for so many other really nice days.

I'm intrigued by this soap, and I'm tempted to buy it, despite the fact that I'm trying very hard to keep my den down to two or three soaps.

For those who have tried the Sandalwood & Myrrh, what is the scent like? Is it comparable to any other sandalwood soaps?

I'm intrigued by this soap, and I'm tempted to buy it, despite the fact that I'm trying very hard to keep my den down to two or three soaps.

For those who have tried the Sandalwood & Myrrh, what is the scent like? Is it comparable to any other sandalwood soaps?

It's an earthy Sandalwood, not a sweet one. The strength of mine is subtle, between Haslinger and Art of Shaving tallow Sandalwood.

I'm going to pass on it then, as I like sweeter sandalwoods. The other scents are still alluring, however. Lavender and mint is a perfect combo.
I feel the same regarding Sandalwood scents... Captain's Choice is my favorite. As others have said, the mint is more prominent in the Lavender & Mint soap, but I prefer it that way. Hard to beat for the price.

So, I got my shipping notification yesterday. Today my shipment was in my mailbox. So, they shipped it right away, but didn't get me the notification until late. I guess they must be experiencing a large order volume right now.

Oh, and the soap smells amazingly good. I can't wait to shave with them.

Just got off the phone with Kaycie just to thank her.

Plenty of shaves in. Three tins (including the new Sandalwood jar). On another thread an Aussie member mentioned a greasy post shave and razor clogging. I have not noticed either. I will say though I think this formulation will shine in our cold Vermont winters.

25 years of wet shaving and tons of soaps and this nice couple in the Midwest has won my heart.[emoji122]

Just got off the phone with Kaycie just to thank her.

Plenty of shaves in. Three tins (including the new Sandalwood jar). On another thread an Aussie member mentioned a greasy post shave and razor clogging. I have not noticed either. I will say though I think this formulation will shine in our cold Vermont winters.

25 years of wet shaving and tons of soaps and this nice couple in the Midwest has won my heart.[emoji122]

I haven't noticed a greasy post shave face feel but I've only shaved a few times with Sudsy. I did notice that it could cling to the razor if I under-hydrated it, very similar to Haslinger. That's not the soap's fault, though.

I haven't noticed a greasy post shave face feel but I've only shaved a few times with Sudsy. I did notice that it could cling to the razor if I under-hydrated it, very similar to Haslinger. That's not the soap's fault, though.

I like a thicker lather so for me the soap does cling to the razor and that's pretty normal. It does this with every soap I use. As far as the greasy post shave feeling, I haven't experienced that at all from any of their soaps.

I have been on the Sudsy Soapery train for the past month and I have to say it is by far a great soap. 9.5 out of 10 on the Lavender and Peppermint. Performance is great all around and very moisturizing. The Sandlewook and Myrrh has slightly less scent strength but, that is fine as it matches the scetn profile and is not overbearing. I would say 9/10.

I have had several conversations with Jonathan and he is great, receptive guy. I sampled the Lavender and Peppermint AS and I liked it. Now that I have used it twice I would like a little more peppermint, but as stated in another comment they are new to the game, but, have had one hell of a start. I would actually purchase the AS as is. Can't wait until they put one out. I would prefer the balm option as well.

Top Bottom