What's new

Soap review - Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint

I have been on the Sudsy Soapery train for the past month and I have to say it is by far a great soap. 9.5 out of 10 on the Lavender and Peppermint. Performance is great all around and very moisturizing. The Sandlewook and Myrrh has slightly less scent strength but, that is fine as it matches the scetn profile and is not overbearing. I would say 9/10.

I have had several conversations with Jonathan and he is great, receptive guy. I sampled the Lavender and Peppermint AS and I liked it. Now that I have used it twice I would like a little more peppermint, but as stated in another comment they are new to the game, but, have had one hell of a start. I would actually purchase the AS as is. Can't wait until they put one out. I would prefer the balm option as well.

I'd prefer a balm to a splash and I asked Jonathan for it but it's not happening any time soon. It's not feasible for them to do at this point because something like (from memory of an old conversation) to do it reasonably well they'd have to purchase some additional equipment that they don't currently own or something to that effect. Either way, it's not happening soon, but I'll keep trying to talk him into it.

I've used the soap a few more times, and with a new blade. It is indeed pretty good, especially considering the price. Unfortunately I find that the soap is too moisturizing for my skin in the summer months (to give you an idea, any kind of balm is out of the question even in the dead of winter) I'll definitely revisit it come winter though.

Its damn good for the price. I still think I prefer strop shoppe, mdc, and valobra to it though. I get slightly more buffer from those soaps and less moisture. I suspect it will be awesome for nasty winter days where surfing has dried the hell out of my skin.

I am really enjoying Sudsy Soapery. I love the scents and their strength. I also enjoy the ingredients even in the summer. Even with my oily Italian skin, I find the conditioning excellent. Just an awesome soap. I now have 5 different scents and they are all excellent. However I agree with your comments on Strop Shoppe, MdC, and Valobra. They are all in my top 5 along with Soap Commander and Nuavia. Nothing has been able to dislodge those 3 so far for me.

First shave with the Sandalwood and Myrrh last night. Very nice lather and wonderful shave. Not sure about the scent. It's not quite what I was expecting...
They also included a small sample of the Lavender Peppermint AS, which I look forward to trying out.

I'd prefer a balm to a splash and I asked Jonathan for it but it's not happening any time soon. It's not feasible for them to do at this point because something like (from memory of an old conversation) to do it reasonably well they'd have to purchase some additional equipment that they don't currently own or something to that effect. Either way, it's not happening soon, but I'll keep trying to talk him into it.

I spoke with Jonathan at length yesterday. Great guy and very open to suggestions. If I remember correctly they have acquired some equipment or in the process of acquiring equipment to make natural AS balms!!! It will take some time to get the formula together, but, they are headed in the right direction.

First shave with the Sandalwood and Myrrh last night. Very nice lather and wonderful shave. Not sure about the scent. It's not quite what I was expecting...
They also included a small sample of the Lavender Peppermint AS, which I look forward to trying out.

The Sandalwood will always be a different smell due to it not being chemical fragrance. The natural oils do have a different smell, but, I like them. Their Lavender and peppermint AS splash sample I received does not have enough mint in it for my liking, but, they were afraid of the cool menthol feeling of the original scent. He said they would go back to the original scent and send it out to a few people to sample. I don't mind the cool feeling and I don't think many others dislike the cooling effect.

The Sandalwood will always be a different smell due to it not being chemical fragrance. The natural oils do have a different smell, but, I like them. Their Lavender and peppermint AS splash sample I received does not have enough mint in it for my liking, but, they were afraid of the cool menthol feeling of the original scent. He said they would go back to the original scent and send it out to a few people to sample. I don't mind the cool feeling and I don't think many others dislike the cooling effect.

I'm sure it's the myrrh, but not a big deal. It's enjoyable and a keeper! It's just not what I smelled in my head when I ordered it - LOL
And peppermint SHOULD have some cooling effect!! :w00t: I recently picked up the new Thayers Lavender Mint and am adding peppermint eo slowly to get it where it should be.

Top Bottom