What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

IMG_20220105_190625.jpg

Fine Santal Absolut classic soap
MdC Vetyver
P&B Night Witch
C&S Oxford & Cambridge travel soap in aluminium dish
Edwin Jagger.sample

The last of my December sale orders arrived over the weekend. All are items I have never tried before (I have other scents of the Fine and Stirling but the Saponificio Annamaria is completely new to me, it has the same consistency as Saponificio Bignolia, a very thick cream but not quite a croap).

20220110_105929.jpg

I was excited to order a bunch of Stirling samples when I got low on Naked and Smooth.

Turns out I may have eczema. Part of my instructions are to use fragrance-free soaps, so there goes my scentstraveganza plans!

I have a tub of Stirling Sheep on the way. Still happy 😁

I have an order in for AA Shaving Soap The Hunt. An updated batch should be out shortly, but I managed to get ahold of a straggler from the first batch. The scent, I would say, is in the same family as CBL Private Reserve in that it's a sweet opening, overpowering anything else, but breaks down to a light cologne type scent. Very nice and the performance is phenomenal, IMO.

Austin, the guy who makes it, is just starting out. From what I understand it's a side project for him, as I've been told he's active US Navy (which, in today's world is a dangerous job itself).

Only had a small sample previously. Very excited to finally get a full tub. 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-082224.png
    Screenshot_20220306-082224.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Lothur Tears and matching aftershave
Stirling Executive man with matching aftershave and balm
Razorock Caribbean Holidays and matching aftershave
Razorock Nomad and matching aftershave

All came this week