What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

IMG_20211105_160730.jpg

PAA Agharta. Wow what a scent, hard to discribe but very glad I too the chance.

Gravefruit 2 lives up to the hype. I never got to try the first version, but v2 is fantastic. I get a natural, tart grapefruit up front with a hint of vetuver and maybe oak moss and soft woods. If you like Terre de Hermes, you will love this! I am already planning on getting a backup.
24D19999-F6F7-4B50-8E31-4B30866862A3.jpeg

I'm looking at adding a Martin de Candre shaving soap to my collection, at it's hefty price i can imagine it may well be my only purchase of MdC, first off i know everyones taste(so to speak) is different regarding scents, but I'd like to know the most popular of the MdC scents, i prefer strong, long lasting scents, i know it obviously won't have as long a lasting scent as a cologne, but what MdC is recommended, i have faith in you guys judgements😁👍🏼

Last edited:
I'm looking at adding a Martin de Candre shaving soap to my collection, at it's hefty price i can imagine it may well be my only purchase of MdC, first off i know everyones taste(so to speak) is different regarding scents, but I'd like to know the most popular of the MdC scents, i prefer strong, long lasting scents, i know it obviously won't have as long a lasting scent as a cologne, but what MdC is recommended, i have faith in you guys judgements😁👍🏼
I find MdC one of the two best soaps I have ever used. I do not find the scents to be long-lasting, though. My particular favorites from MdC are Fougere & Agrumes. Others will heap praise on the Original or Rose. They are all excellent soaps, it's a matter of what you prefer in the scent. I suggest you purchase samples of the various scents you're interested in & try those before purchasing a tub. The samples will each yield quite a few shaves so you will know the scent & quality before you buy.

as some know, i like my banana scented shaving soaps, and had been wanting to try the Chiseled face banana🍌 for quite some time, i messaged Chiseled Face earlier to see if there was any chance of the banana🍌coming back in stock again, he replied saying...he has no plans for the moment of bringing it back, but hasn't ruled it out🤗, so i will just need to keep looking and hoping👍🏼😁
it's back🤗, i ordered the banana, and also a tub of Midnight Stag(direct from Groomatorium), the post from the US to UK was as much as one of the soaps, but hey ho, i don't think it'll bankrupt me, ordered the Midnight Stag too, makes the post seem a bit more reasonable, looking forward to it, you know how much i love my banana scented soaps😁

Last edited:
Picked up some Christmas presents for myself. The blurry Meissner soap is Himalayan Heights, the Klar Seifens are a classic and a lemongrass and the unboxed puck is a Maison du Savon de Marseille - Rebel

20211230_210519.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Two new soaps have made their way into my rotation: Maggard's Lilac and Spearhead's Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime.
The Maggard's soap is surprisingly good; the Sea Spice Lime, though, is blowing me away.
View attachment 1386332.....View attachment 1386333
The resurrected "Seaforth!" brand is probably the only Artisan soap I will risk buying to slip past my lovely War Department. The sample I was given of the Heather blew me away.

Of course, I'm thinking 4 oz. of lime would last me the rest of my life if I mainly used it during Summer months..... and I could always have it sent to @Owen Bawn or @shavefan 's house and they could just drive it up to me, after all the good advice I've given them over the years, I figger they owe me at least that much....

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The resurrected "Seaforth!" brand is probably the only Artisan soap I will risk buying to slip past my lovely War Department. The sample I was given of the Heather blew me away.

Of course, I'm thinking 4 oz. of lime would last me the rest of my life if I mainly used it during Summer months..... and I could always have it sent to @Owen Bawn or @shavefan 's house and they could just drive it up to me, after all the good advice I've given them over the years, I figger they owe me at least that much....

I have the Sea Spice Lime aftershave. That's a great scent. Will be interesting to see what they come out with next.

I'm wanting to try the lime too.

Top Bottom