What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

Just started using this stuff last week. So far its been a pretty good ride.

1607475980043.png

just bought a Palmolive stick and a Williams cup.
I was reading the thread on niced perfumed soaps but before ordering a lot of those, I first wanted to try soap as an alternative to my cream. These two were available in the supermarkt at no cost at all.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I used to be quite minimalist. One main soap, several shave sticks (all Palmolive), one cream, and a small box of samples. A few months ago, I ordered 4 soaps, plus a couple of different shave sticks. I shared a sample of each with some guys on the forum.

Within the last month, everything changed. Since the back end of last month, I started stockpiling, so I could move away from internet shopping. So far these have come in...

IMG_20201130_135405.jpg IMG_20201209_134108.jpg

3 x Jagger mug soaps
2 x Goodfellas Smile mug soaps
1 x Wickams
1 x Ach Bricht Mogno
1 x Erasmic bowl
2 x Erasmic creams

... and I have another ten on order. Here's what I'm waiting on, copied from my save journal.

proxy.php
Haslinger
Seaweed
I've only tried Schafmilch so far
proxy.php
Haslinger
Sage
proxy.php
Muhle
Sea Buckthorn
I already have the three Edwin Jagger flavours
proxy.php
Goodfellas Smile
Italian Lemon

I already have the Blueberry Grapes and Briarwood flavours
proxy.php
Tcheung Fung Sing
Dracaris
rose, vanilla, patchouli, cedarwood
proxy.php
Thiers Issard
Vetiver
I know next to nothing about this soap
proxy.php
Razorock
The Stallion

Oud
proxy.php
Phoenix and Beau
Sanskrit

(discontinued)
Sandalwood, black pepper, cardamom, citrus
proxy.php

Phoenix and Beau
Empress Rising

(Ltd Edition)

Rose, frankincense, oakmoss, cedarwood
(a Halloween release)
proxy.php
Wickhams
Ninfeo di Egeria

(discontinued)
Citrus, fig, wood, amber

I reckon that little stockpile will probably last me a decade or more. :D In total, there's about 1.5kg of soap in all this new stuff.

Shaved with the Thirrs Issard Vetiver yesterday. IMO a decent soap as have had a few really nice shaved with it. Also have the Wickham’s Ninfeo but can’t get a tune out of it. Maybe it’s just me but can’t seem to get a decent lather from it. Will not buy another of their soaps again

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Shaved with the Thirrs Issard Vetiver yesterday. IMO a decent soap as have had a few really nice shaved with it. Also have the Wickham’s Ninfeo but can’t get a tune out of it. Maybe it’s just me but can’t seem to get a decent lather from it. Will not buy another of their soaps again

Thanks Doti. That's interesting about the Wickhams. I always get a great lather from it.

just bought a Palmolive stick and a Williams cup.
I was reading the thread on niced perfumed soaps but before ordering a lot of those, I first wanted to try soap as an alternative to my cream. These two were available in the supermarkt at no cost at all.
Wilkinson, not Williams.

Just got a few things in the mail this afternoon:

Wilkinson Sword Stick
Van Der Lovitt Grey Edition shave soap
Haslinger Marigold
Ach Brito shave soap
As well as some blades and a sample of Paisley WET

Tried the Vanderlovitt Grey this afternoon and had a terrific shave. Was a bit hesitant due to the price and lack of internet buzz regarding this soap, but it made a terrific stable lather and the scent is very similar to Stirling Sandpiper or Folsom & CO Black Powder aftershave.

Also have a tub of Mick's shave soap on the way as well and looking forward to trying that as well.

Hope y'all are enjoying your new gear:)

Did you manage to get better lather from Wickham soap ?

I'm struggling with it, maybe because I purchased it from someone who kept them for too long or I don't know what ?

The soap is very much water sensitive, and lather turns bubbly, especially in bowl lather.
If I can't get a better lather with them, I'll use them for Boar brush feeding duty.

I also received some soap sticks and a Vitos Super Extra Coco from Connaught Shaving, UK.

IMG_20210123_183543.jpg

Did you manage to get better lather from Wickham soap ?

I'm struggling with it, maybe because I purchased it from someone who kept them for too long or I don't know what ?

The soap is very much water sensitive, and lather turns bubbly, especially in bowl lather.
If I can't get a better lather with them, I'll use them for Boar brush feeding duty.

I also received some soap sticks and a Vitos Super Extra Coco from Connaught Shaving, UK.

View attachment 1213203
Sort of but maybe I’m expecting it to lather like MWF which have not been able to do so far. I’ll give it another try soon and see how I get on.

Sort of but maybe I’m expecting it to lather like MWF which have not been able to do so far. I’ll give it another try soon and see how I get on.
At $15 it better lather like MWF or what's the point of using it :glare:

I'm more disappointed in it because I paid $20 for each soap (delivery charges including).

I guess, my first purchase with high hopes were shattered by Wickham:underbus:

Top Bottom