What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

Makes 2of us 😫😫😫😫
Try it with face lathering:
The Superior Shave said:
...start with a brush that could use a bit more water, create a tarry paste to rub upon the face, and then introduce more water gradually via a quite wet brush until this stuff gets heavy and fluffy enough to threaten to move on your face..heaven!...

quite excited🤗(hence the post) I've been wanting to try a particular shaving soap for some months now, but there is only really 2 stockists of said soap, one is TOTC, who since Brexit are not delivering to UK(they are sorting it out they said)pity since their delivery costs are the best to UK, so I'd been sitting waiting on TOTC, the other seller is the original source of said soap,(i won't say who as it might give it away), but their postage to UK just about doubles the cost of the item, but i just took the plunge as the postage costs are a 1 off and not like I'm paying double every day, so ordered yesterday, so I'll let you all see once it arrives🤪, you can take a guess if you want👍🏼😁

quite excited🤗(hence the post) I've been wanting to try a particular shaving soap for some months now, but there is only really 2 stockists of said soap, one is TOTC, who since Brexit are not delivering to UK(they are sorting it out they said)pity since their delivery costs are the best to UK, so I'd been sitting waiting on TOTC, the other seller is the original source of said soap,(i won't say who as it might give it away), but their postage to UK just about doubles the cost of the item, but i just took the plunge as the postage costs are a 1 off and not like I'm paying double every day, so ordered yesterday, so I'll let you all see once it arrives🤪, you can take a guess if you want👍🏼😁

Looking forward to seeing what you get!

I got bit pretty bad by the soap bug in the last few weeks. Actually it's more like it mugged me in a back alley and took my wallet. Anyway, here's what's coming in:

SS Blizzard and Bayberry (Tallow and Vegan bases respectively)
HSSC Silence
A&E Spartacus
Samples from Shannon: Aussie Ice, Black Magic, and Nil
Stirling soap pucks X2
Stirling Agar aftershave sample

The last two were to put my over the free shipping limit (Bought the SS separately).

I got bit pretty bad by the soap bug in the last few weeks. Actually it's more like it mugged me in a back alley and took my wallet. Anyway, here's what's coming in:

SS Blizzard and Bayberry (Tallow and Vegan bases respectively)
HSSC Silence
A&E Spartacus
Samples from Shannon: Aussie Ice, Black Magic, and Nil
Stirling soap pucks X2
Stirling Agar aftershave sample

The last two were to put my over the free shipping limit (Bought the SS separately).
i have 2 Stirling soaps here at the mo, but i haven't tried any of those others on your list yet though😁, enjoy👍🏼

Just arrived...will use it over the weekend.
Wow, the B&M Full Measure of Man scent is strong and very unique, will take time to fall in love...hahaha.
Henri Et Victoria is more aromatic and instant liking...
20210310_194817.jpg

Just arrived...will use it over the weekend.
Wow, the B&M Full Measure of Man scent is strong and very unique, will take time to fall in love...hahaha.
Henri Et Victoria is more aromatic and instant liking...
View attachment 1235408

Cognac and Cuban Cigars is a wonderful scent. It's too bad that the performance is not as good as some other soaps, including Barrister and Mann. If it were not for the scent, I would remove it from my collection.

I have not tried The Full Measure of the Man, so I cannot comment on the scent. It does use Will's version of mousse de saxe in the scent, which is not one of my favorite scent notes. The performance of the Excelsior base is excellent.

Cognac and Cuban Cigars is a wonderful scent. It's too bad that the performance is not as good as some other soaps, including Barrister and Mann. If it were not for the scent, I would remove it from my collection.

I have not tried The Full Measure of the Man, so I cannot comment on the scent. It does use Will's version of mousse de saxe in the scent, which is not one of my favorite scent notes. The performance of the Excelsior base is excellent.
Thanks for your comment. Yup, tomorrow will line up HetV Cognac and Cuban Cigars and see for myself...
I am still getting/trying to get used to The Full Measure of the Man strong scent...hahaha

_20210318_114436.JPG
this is the one I've been wanting for quite a while, it arrived today, excited to try the Hotel Cecil👍🏼

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My lovely chirpy little postlady came to see me today, with a parcel from Phoenix and Beau.

IMG_20210327_125247.jpg

Achilles Last Stand
"Notes of agarwood, rose, amber, patchouli, saffron, a couple of kisses from raspberry and pear, orange blossom and a touch of musk make an accord that's complex, deep and has something of the night about it."

Collider
"Collider is an unconventional and sophisticated woodsy accord comprising of dominant notes of cedar, cypress, palmarosa with a touch of geranium and sandalwood"

Iceni
"Iceni is a scent that is potent and sensual, something we've wanted to do for a long time. It is intensely layered and opens with notes of mandarin and bergamot. Lavender, myrrh and a touch of nutmeg combine to form a powerful heart. The accord develops in to a base of musk, amber, sandalwood and the lightest kisses of vetiver and patchouli."

i quite fancy a banana scented shaving soap, the only one i can see that is readily available is the Chiselled face one, i see a PAA one but it seems to be seasonal, there's mention of a Caties Bubbles one, but can't see it available anywhere online, are there any other readily available "banana" offerings, cheers guys👍🏼😉

Top Bottom