What's new

Snus help

I'm not a fan of American dip, but I prefer loose snus. I use an Icetool, but you can cut the end off of a syringe to make the same sort of tool. Pull the syringe back to the desired size of your prilla, press it into the loose snus a couple of times, clean the end off, place the open end on the inside of the can lid, press down on the plunger to compress the prilla, place the syringe in your mouth where you'd like the prilla to be, and press it out.

Can you find General Loose for $3.33 locally? If so, you're lucky. None of the gas stations near me, where I can get General for cheap, carry the Loose. I have to get it at a Cigar shop by my office, and they charge almost $6 a can.

I used the general store locator to find a retailer. 3 very close stores. 2 were a gas station, and one a smoke shop. I just went to the smoke shop, and all they had in the general cooler was mint, wg, and original. Come to think of it, i dont know if the original was loose or portion.

I just noticed the three cans I bought from my local smokery were 7 days expired when I purchased them. What's up with that? Does it effect quality and strength if they are expired?

That's the biggest issue with buying locally. If the store doesn't sell snus fast enough, it expires. There won't be a huge difference between now and 2 weeks ago. If you have cans that you haven't opened yet, you'd be best off to put them in the freezer until you're ready to open them. A day in the fridge is normally enough to thaw them out.

The wintergreen is a bit much for me on taste. Will have to be a backup too the mint. I will be trying the regular flavor next. The shape of the general portions are a bit cumbersome, but I can adjust. Two in the upper lip really get me going.

The wintergreen is a bit much for me on taste. Will have to be a backup too the mint. I will be trying the regular flavor next. The shape of the general portions are a bit cumbersome, but I can adjust. Two in the upper lip really get me going.

If you don't like the shape and you end up placing an order online, check out the slim portions. General as well as a few other Swedish Match brands have them. I've yet to try them, but many people say they're more comfortable.

Wife was in a good mood today, so I initiated a sly conversation about a online order for some snus. Looks like I may get the go ahead. I believe I will either try a sampler, or maybe pick my own. Thinking I am going to try the loose as well, is it spotless also?

On a different note, I tried a gas station today that was listed on the general website. I saw the cooler up on the counter and I got excited. I asked what the expiration date was, every can expired 10-30-13. He said they don't sell a lot of it. Really dude?

Regarding loose snus, what do you mean by spotless? Discrete?

That's the downside of gas stations... I've found that the cigar shop by me has the freshest General. The owner said they go through it pretty quickly. When I stopped in there to buy General Loose they were down to only having 3 cans left.

Oh, yes, it's spitless just like portion snus. I find that loose has about the same amount of drip as white portion snus if formed into a prilla. It's similar to original portion of you use a "farmer's pinch" (just taking a pinch from the can and putting it in your lip).

Ordering online will insure that your snus is fresh. I've never received a can from SnusCentral that was even remotely close to its expiration date. I just double bag it and put it in the freezer and it stays good, pretty much indefinitely.

I don't even really see the need to defrost it either. I frequently use snus directly from the freezer and haven't had any issues at all. Regular portions might take an extra minute or two to defrost in your mouth, but I mostly use white portion and loose anyway. Good to go right out of the freezer.

has anybody tried snusline? They have free shipping, but looks like they are missing some of the fancier stuff

has anybody tried snusline? They have free shipping, but looks like they are missing some of the fancier stuff

Haven't used them myself, but their reviews are pretty meh. Lots of people having bad experiences with them.

If you place a large enough order from another site, the shipping cost is justifiable. It's worth it to have access to just about every snus on the market delivered to your door in less than a week.

Top Bottom