What's new

Smiles 3

What a nice PIF! I'm in, I can always use more smiles in my life.

Sorry, no dogs yet. Another year or so and the baby will be big enough for a little basset hound pup. But words of wisdom, that I have. I was once told the best way to get through hard times was through hard work. Boy, did I want to punch the SOB in the nose when he told me that. But damn if he wasn't right.

I’m in. I need a smile. Words of wisdom: when I was a young teenager and had just done something incredibly stupid my Dad told me the following: “You have to live with your decisions. The person you have to face every day in the mirror when you shave will let you know if they were the right ones.”
Retired Marine (veteran).

I'm in, and I could sure use a smile. Thanks for the great PIF!

I read something a long time ago that has always stuck with me...

Henry David Thoreau said:
The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.

We all only get so much time in this life, and you can't bank it up.

hike-2.jpg

Last edited:
In as I can use a smile this week, not only have to deal with a virus, now the politicians are getting involved.
Words of advice I have adapted as a firefighter (originally from an astronaut) "there is nothing so bad a firefighter can't make it worse"
and now my granddaughters dog that lived with us for 9 months last year we face-timed her yesterday and Bella ran to the door waiting for us...
IMG_1900.JPG

I am in. I could use a smile.

We were told next Monday we could resume some more normal working set ups but it sounds like that will probably be moved back a week or probably 2.

I am not sure it's advice but I always took it as such. He always told me toys and vacations must be paid for before you can have them. Pay cash and never charge anything that can be paid for. Through the years I have tried to do that with some of the times I deposit some cash before heading out so I can use the card as it is easier for things like gas. I understand this isn't for everyone but it has worked out for me.

Here is my youngest daughter about a year the day we brought Otis home. She is actually happy if you can believe it.

KM

MVIMG_20190411_194455_1~2.jpg

An opportunity for a Graydog brush?! I'm IN! Heaven knows I could use a smile, especially on a Monday.

Two bits of wisdom:
1) Cicero wrote "Reason, when perfected, is rightly called Wisdom."
2) My beautiful Denise once said something so obvious but it has really stuck with me" "When you have your health you really have everything."

Thanks, Steve!

I need a smile. And. A statement I live by is breathe in breathe out move on.
We are a front line family here.....myself a red cross instructor and the wife works in grocery store.( shes been there 5 or 6 days a week since the lockdown)... Thanks for doing these PIFS....

My second smile entry comes with a second bit of wisdom from Gene Krantz (another space relate quote that also works for firefighters and is in my profession email signature line )“Always be aware that suddenly and unexpectedly we may find ourselves in a role where our performance has ultimate consequences.”
and a second dog picture, our late Brandy relaxing
P4100690.jpg

Wow, thanks for another opportunity, I can use a smile. It's been another long day.

Words of wisdom...has to be from my father. He was a man of few words and worked 2 jobs regularly. During the winter he'd shovel our sidewalk and several of our elderly neighbors. Same thing with mowing the lawns during the warm/hot seasons. I remember being old enough to help him shovel one winter and he was meticulous in removing ALL the snow, not just making a path. I asked him why we're working so hard to do all the work, especially for people we hardly talk to. He just looked at me and said "because it's the right thing to do and that's who we are."

To say he gave me a good work ethic would far undersell it. To this day I shovel like a madman and my neighbors benefit because of him.

Wow! Those are gorgeous brushes, Graydog, especially # 3 because I'm really into boar brushes. Unfortunately, I still feel there are too many people out there (especially now) who need a smile more than I do. All I need is a little wink now and then. So, Respectfully, not in.

Top Bottom