What's new

Smiles 3

Graydog

Biblical Innards
:a29: Good Day All in B&B Land,
@never-stop-learning and I would Like to invite You to SMILES 3
As you can see
We Still Have a ways to go 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200426164710145_COVER.jpg
This time We will be giving away 4 Brushes , That's right 4 more Smiles :)
The rules are basically the same,with One small Change
Share some Words of Wisdom that someone gave you at sometime in your Life .

So this is what you have to do
Tell me if you are in
1) Be a member of B&B with a minimum of 35 post
2) Tell me that you need a Smile and you can enter once.
3)If you are a first responder
Medical personnel ,Police, Fire,EMT or active duty Military personnel.
You can enter your name twice.
4) Front line worker and part of the supply chain , Trucker , Grocery store and so on, you can also enter your name twice.
5) Be located in the Continental USA or Canada .
6) If you have a Dog picture and post it here it will make me smile:) this will not help you in anyway and is totally optional .( My dog Grace always makes me smile every morning she's always so happy to see Me and has to say good morning everyday) I was going to change this but Dogs are always welcome :)
7) Words of Wisdom that someone gave you at some point in your Life. You know that pearl that did not make any sense then but sure does now .
I will use a random number generator on Saturday and pick the first of 4 winners, Yes 4 Brushes this round :) there were so many people the last round that needed a Smile and I wish I could have passed out more smiles.

Ok Here are the Brushes
I tried to be a little different with the shapes ,After all it is a One of a Kind

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200426154522451_COVER.jpg

The Third Brush will have the option of Boar or synthetic since not everyone like synthetic
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200426164544461_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200426164616924_COVER.jpg

This is very kind of you. A good friend once told me that sometimes the best successes you have will come from failures. Didn’t understand that until I got older. Don’t be afraid to fail but if you do learn something from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m in!!
Always in need of a smile.

Veteran and First Responder 💪

One of my old Gunnery Sergeants always told us ”Control what you can and what you can control is you.“ It really hits home at times like these. When everything happening it out of your control all you can do is control how you act.
72D086BA-5B09-4AE2-B360-998F6730ED33.jpeg

Here’s the pup again!!

I'm in and I need a smile. Thank you for the generosity Graydog.

A word of wisdom that I've heard a year or so back was from Dr. Peterson. Somewhere along the line, if you want to change/fix your life, start with cleaning your room. I was in a bit of a confused state back in 2018 and nothing was working out. Dr. Peterson's word gave me somewhere to start and tackling the hurdles one step at a time. It was a short respite but that got me out of dark time which I still thank him for.

I need a smile. I am active duty and we are gearing up for a move an selling our house. This means we have to leave at the drop of a hat to accommodate showings. Thank you for the opportunity.

Hopefully my two dogs can give you a smile. The hound dog is scout. And the black a white dog lying on my leg is drake.

Attachments

• 3F769AC7-8074-4CC1-B1DC-B0F7DB64948F.jpeg
    3F769AC7-8074-4CC1-B1DC-B0F7DB64948F.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 16
  • 219DD5B6-ADAA-4BD7-A2F7-A129A2519727.jpeg
    219DD5B6-ADAA-4BD7-A2F7-A129A2519727.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
I'm in and could use a smile.

Some good advice I got came from a high school teacher .. "Be the person your spouse wants to see come through the door after a long day at work". My wife and I met when she was 13 and I was 14 in high school and have been together for over 38 years (32 of it married) and I try to be that person she wants to see come through the door at the end of the day.

I showed a picture of Cosmo last time around so here is a picture of Stella (Black lab mix) and Cosmo (Aussie). This is what they look like when they hear the school bus pull away and my daughter is walking up the drive ...

Stella and Cosmo cropped.png

I'm in, I could use a smile.
And even if I don't win a brush the responses to these threads have brought many a smile.

One piece of advice I am glad I got many years ago and finally got to start putting into practice the last few years is. Make extra payments on you mortgage. Every little bit helps and we have been doing this. We have had our current hose less than 5 years and have paid more than half our 20 year mortgage off. It takes some sacrifices but it's worth it.

Here's two pictures of Trixy and Tessa.

20200426_121609_HDR.jpg
20200426_121655_HDR.jpg

So just now this guy is hanging out by My backdoor, looks like he needs a shave :)View attachment 1092447

I love taking pictures of spiders. The jumping spiders are my favorite. I'm not sure what kind that is in your photo but it's beautiful.

Wonderful PIFs! I'm always in need of a smile, as are we all...I'm in.

I'm not a first responder, but have great respect for those who are. The closest I get is regular first aid training and my wilderness first aid certification from NOLS.

I'm a front-line worker...I educated college students, and we're doing that online from home. We certainly benefit from the work of those on the front lines!

This is one of my favorite pictures of our dog, Pearl, patiently waiting for my daughter to wake up and play.
Sadly, pearl is long gone, and my daughter is now grown with three children.

1587955313047.png

7) Words of Wisdom - I don't remember who told me this, but I've always remembered it: Never let a chance to say something good or kind to another person pass you by. You will almost always find they needed it and appreciate it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm in and could use a smile.

Some good advice I got came from a high school teacher .. "Be the person your spouse wants to see come through the door after a long day at work". My wife and I met when she was 13 and I was 14 in high school and have been together for over 38 years (32 of it married) and I try to be that person she wants to see come through the door at the end of the day.

I showed a picture of Cosmo last time around so here is a picture of Stella (Black lab mix) and Cosmo (Aussie). This is what they look like when they hear the school bus pull away and my daughter is walking up the drive ...

View attachment 1092457

Love my Aussies. :)

brandy-1.jpg

So just now this guy is hanging out by My backdoor, looks like he needs a shave :)View attachment 1092447

I'm in

First off I'd loose the house. I'd burn it down. I am severely arachnophobic. funny story, when I worked at the hospital my department worked in the administration well old house from the late 1800s that was converted into a doctor's office. But one day I was coming back from lunch. I had just turned down the alley and a spider dropped down on the dash of the car. I slammed on the brakes threw the car in park jumped out ran into the office and had one of my female friends go kill it. What was funny is she went out back and was like where is your car. I told her at the end of the alley. So she killed it then drove my car back. I jumped out of it so fast I didn't even turn it off. I left the door open and the car running.

Alright now that all of you are laughing at me. IM IN. The best advice I ever received was by the one man I looked up to my whole life. Well my whole life I was always an outcast. Like in high school I was a goth. I went to school with black lipstick, eyeliner, fingernail polish. had long black hair with red tips. I was really into the macabre. So I was always ridiculed and put down. My grandfather told me never to back down. Never change who I am just because it does not conform to the social norm. Never apologize for being true to myself. And the last final piece right after I graduated was not to let my aunt his daughter see my tattoos because he didn't want to listen to her b****ing about them. But it's something that I have always held strong. I am who I am and quite frankly dont care what people say. It is getting easier now with the popularity of tattoos. Now I do keep them where they can be hidden for work because I have to be able to provide. When i got my first tattoo back in 2000 in the town i live in was really looked down on. Back then it was looked at as only gang members or criminals had tattoos. alright I'm done rambling on.

Still in need of a smile, so I'm in! :biggrin1:

Words of wisdom, eh? Well, right around the time that he taught me to shave, my Dad took me aside and said "Now that you're growing up, there are some things you need to know"

He listed a bunch of things that I still live by: Cherish your family; work hard; fight when you have to, but sacrifice when you need to; never be sorry to say you're sorry; always respect others and value their viewpoints; and showing compassion is never a sign of weakness.

He was one of the greatest influences in my life and I miss him everyday.

Top Bottom