Sharp Titanium (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Fresh blade, fresh shower :001_wub: , fresh.-to-me idea. Moved the razor faster and gentler. And the shave was quicker and gentler. Somehow, it’s a different technique than moving slower and a tad heavier, but I look forward to perfecting it.

I’ve got my regular shift today and then it’s time to do yard work. Currently have the push mower in the shed with the riding one, but that’s preventing me from storing other things. I’m not the family’s Tetris champ.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Shave mail

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_1453.jpeg

Karve Overlander in aluminum with 3” Knopf pommel handle

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May

Last night’s cap-riding, zippyish enough shave
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (2)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Ω 10048 28mm boar brush
Pre-shave: brushed cool water on my face
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Showered earlier in the evening so prep was much less. Whiskers had more resistance, but not enough to prevent a comfortable and timely shave that’s close enough for the win.

The ARKO! got along with the Ω 10048 like a house on fire. Was it the unbleached bristles? The less dense knot? The higher loft? Semi intrigued.

Ordered a Karve brand Overlander in aluminum anodized black and orange on March 25 and it showed up last night. Very prebby, but I’m on a Fatip Grande kick for right now.

Yard work was done last night ahead of today’s torrid forecast. Spirits willing, I‘ll get the window air conditioners installed on lunch break.

Happy shaves, everyone!

I mentioned they shine on the ATG pass because I know you don’t use that one. If I used the others, I’d know whether it just looks good or is worth coveting for a WTG/XTG enthusiast. I don’t think it stands out for those passes.

I'm confused by this, Thom. I agree that the Overlander is excellent ATG. On the other hand, I don't think most of my razors are much different for WTG/XTG. I can handle just about anything for that. It is only with the ATG pass that they really differentiate themselves.

But, I think the Overlander might be a bit mild for LRod. Recalling his keepers, most are significantly more aggressive. Perhaps that is what you meant as well, that it wouldn't be aggressive enough for Larry?

Top Bottom