What's new

Slant DE razor worth a try? Suggestions?

I'm really pretty happy with my RR SLOC, but in my RADish quest for perfection I've been reading how slant razors shave really close and, once you figure them out, are very mild and tend to be cut-free (a priority for me). I'm thinking about the RR German 37 slant but am open to all suggestions (including "take a pass").
I have the parker 55SL razor. It is anything but 'semi' or mild imo. It is at least a medium (but mostly high) aggression razor for me. That being said it has great blade torquing and has a solid grip on the blade. The build quality is good though not great but as with all razors as long as you don't treat it like crap it will stand the test of time. Its also half the price of pretty much each and every single one of its peers. For me, its a two pass + minimal clean up razor. Looks and feels great too. I find if you want it milder, you have to hold the handle more parallel to your face. If you want it more aggressive, hold the handle more perpendicular to your face. Has a thick baseplate and top cap and will definitely take some time to get used to but I like it for when I haven't shaved in a while or when I want an effortless BBS. It will bite if you aren't careful though.

Yes, slants are efficient. I like my ATT S1/S2 because I can get a closer shave with less irritation and less buffing/clean up. A milder blade like Bolzano or Derby Premium might work well for you if you eventually find the G37 too aggressive.

I just placed an order for the G37 with bulldog handle. I love my ATT slants but wanted to get something cheaper in cost for traveling. Seems like a no-brainer for the price.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep that in mind.

Top Bottom