What's new

skin bracer

Nice stuff, one of my favorites. Cut 50/50 with Osage Rub for Bootlegger Green Freeze, a dandy warm weather cooler.

I quite like Skin Bracer, but I can never make my mind up exactly what it smells like.
When it's empty I'll probably buy another one, but it won't be for a long time because I reserve it almost exclusively for use at weekends.

Believe it or not another aftershave which reminds me a little bit of Skin Bracer is Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum

To my unsophisticated schnozz I find similarities between Skin Bracer and Figaro Monsieur Gold. By no means an identical match, but there's something they both share.

Since I've been using it for so long (decades...), it reminds me of my younger days...sort of my personal Fountain of Youth...:001_cool:

Skin Bracer is one of my favorite scents. It's cheap and smells great. Nothing like Clubman, to me, I dislike Clubman.

Splash it however you like.... wet/dry, a little/a lot, doesn't matter.

I see
I picked up a bottle of this stuff at my local cvs and have not used it yet. What does everyone who has used this think of this aftershave? I smelled it and it kinda smells like pinaud clubman aftershave lotion to me. What do you guys think of skin bracer's scent? Also, this may be a stupid question, but what is the correct way to apply an aftershave splash? Do you apply the aftershave on a dry or wet face? Does it matter? what do you personally do, splash on a wet or dry face/neck?

I can smell the similarities between this and Clubman Classic. Skin Bracer was recommended to me by a number of fine fellows on this site (I'm a DE newbie as well). It's a great splash if you like menthol and the cool burn it provides. After shaving, pat your face dry with a towel, put a dollop of aftershave in your hands, then splash it on your neck and face.

If you enjoy the powdery scent of Skin Bracer, you should check out the Barbershop aftershave from Stirling Soap Company - Home I was recently turned on to this company, and I find the Barbershop scent to be similar to Skin Bracer, yet even more reminiscent of the old fashioned smell of hair cutteries fromyears gone by. Also, Stirling aftershaves will melt your face off (if you enjoy the burn like a good number of folks here).

Top Bottom