What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Dec 20 2020

Razor: Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's 40's, excellent mid range, very nimble in the hand to move over the face.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, smooths out nicely and has great longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather qualities. One of favorite Razorock soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Artic Sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like tips for a painting. Nice gentle scrubber.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant.
Sunday Schick shave. Dec 20th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times.

Ron R

Sunday injector shave, I really enjoy a injector on a Sunday, I have been doing it for years and hopefully a lot more.

Razor:
Pal injecto-matic-Mfg 1952>, mid range<, very easy to handle and easy to shave under the nose with good results usually.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (7) excellent blade, the nice strengths of the personna's are longevity and I can leave a blade in the razor for months and still as sharp as the day placed in the racks after giving a quick blow to dry it after each use. Very Sharp & Smooth IMO.
Soap: Speick stick, excellent mild spicy scent, excellent lather qualities.(protection, one of the better hard soaps IMO)
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle :001_wub:,Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips & good scrubber if wanted.
Pre shave:Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna injector blade.
Sunday injector shave, Dec27th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

PSX_20200711_090938.jpg

Razor: Schick G6 injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 3rd 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector, M3- Excellent razor & well built for a plastic & steel razor, excellent results. WTG 3 + ATG 4.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (5) excellent blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely, great longevity.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch, nice mild clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26 mm knot- excellent brush, one of my favorites for 26mm knots, heavenly cloud like soft tips, good scrub.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups, WTG setting 3+ ATG setting 4 + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3,+personna coated blade.
Sunday Schick shave, Jan 3rd 2020.jpg

20200725_074737.jpg

Razor: Schick I1 injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 10th 2021- I always like to take this E2 injector razor out of the rack for a nice shave, it was in real rough shape and I was able to fix and modify it back to life(Main spring swings to left for cleaning and manual blade inserting). Excellent mid range if a person likes to try a Schick injector.

Razor: Schick E2 injector Canadian variant-MFG 1930's-40's, one of my favorites and one that will be around always.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE(7) Excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, bright citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra handle 26mm- very nice 26mm knot, one of the softer 26mm knots with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a nice gentle scrub IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variat injector + a Personna injector blade.
Sunday Schick shave Jan 10th 2021.jpg

Top Bottom