Blade: Personna GEM coated (2)
Soap: L'Occitane en Provence Cade
Brush: Old Spice Boar
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Passes: ATG/XTG
Result: BBS

Have a happy shave!

September 30 shave.
Schick adjustable, Rudy Vey brush, Henri et Victoria soap, Clubman aftershave.

Another good shave. I tried the razor on all settings and found it worked best at a 7.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SEptember 2020 #15
20200930_143511~2.jpg

Primary Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (5)
Touch-up Razor: Schick Type E
Blade: Schick (4)

Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Knot)
Lather: Speick Stick
Aftershave: Speick
Fragrance: G Eàu Bronze EDT Spray (Belcam Version Of Acqua Di Gio Absolu)

Additional post-shave skin care:
20200923_124752~2.jpg

WTG,ATG,XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Really a pleasure to use this combination. :)

Outstanding shave! :)

I forgot to enter this yesterday, I hope its ok to do so now, even though its now October. I capped off my Single Edge Sept. event with a shave from my Schick injector model g. Used Arko soap and my synthetic brush. 3 passes, no prep. Thayers witch hazel afterwards. that old $3.50 model g ranks right up there with my best shaves of any razor I own. And 7 shaves off the same blade with no signs of dullness. It almost doesn't seem real😉Thanks for the invite, it was fun. That said, I've got a bazillion tryablade blades to try out with my DE so I'll be shaving less often with my SE razors over the next few weeks. Thanks again.

Cliff

Looks like everyone had a great SEptember! I used my Schick E3 injector for the last 19 days of the month. The new “Chick” blade went to 20 shaves yesterday. Those blades don’t even break a sweat to go for that long!

I finished single edge September and to be honest I'm ready for some double edge.

I did three shaves with my MMCP with the last one needing a good blade change. Next I used my Schick injector type E1 with a new blade and got a little irritation. My next shave was back to the MMCP with the same old blade, laziness at its highest. My last shave for the month was with my Gem Feather Weight with, finally, a new blade....ahhhhhh so nice.

Looks like everyone had a great SEptember! I used my Schick E3 injector for the last 19 days of the month. The new “Chick” blade went to 20 shaves yesterday. Those blades don’t even break a sweat to go for that long!

My sChick blade made it through 6 shaves and was getting quite dull by the second half of that shave. Pretty good really, considering the best DE blades for me only last 5 shaves before done.

My sChick blade made it through 6 shaves and was getting quite dull by the second half of that shave. Pretty good really, considering the best DE blades for me only last 5 shaves before done.
Yeah, I tend to run my blades for a while. I've gotten 30 days from an injector blade. Usually two weeks is about as far as I normally want to take them.

Hey @sanookd, I love the Riva brushes. Interesting material and unique designs.

The only knot I have experience with is the SHD Manchurian, which is indeed dense. I found it very firm, but reasonably soft. After a week or so it started to break in very nicely. Softer with each successive use, but still quite firm. No shedding at all.

I now have a new one with the SHD Silvertip. Haven’t started breaking it in yet, but don’t expect to be disappointed. Based on the Manchurian, I am sure all of his knots are very high quality.

And I just noticed the other day he is now offering boar and horse choices. Might have to get me some more of his brushes .....

You should get one :yesnod:

Top Bottom