What's new

Show Your Custom Shavemac!

Just to follow up on my recent Shavemac brush purchase.

The brush is simply fantastic. Here it is post bloom.

$IMG_6887.jpg

The octagonal handle shape is my favorite and I have 2 Shavemacs and a Thater with the same handle profile. I love the color of this material but I wanted to share the following picture with others interested in buying a Shavemac with the similar handle material which is listed as "Brown-Beige." This is in no way a criticism of the brush, Shavemac, or Bernd, the owner- merely an observation. The material, as with many acrylics and resins, can be somewhat translucent depending on the type of pigment used. In this photo, one can see where the knot has been installed and the adhesive applied to secure the knot in place. Again, not a criticism. This does not bother me in the least, but I wanted to share this with other potential buyers so one is not surprised or disappointed. If you look closely, you can see the same thing in the top photo on page 26 of this thread- so this effect appears to be something inherent with this handle color.

$IMG_6888.jpg

Last edited:
Just to follow up on my recent Shavemac brush purchase.

The brush is simply fantastic. Here it is post bloom.

View attachment 403669

The octagonal handle shape is my favorite and I have 2 Shavemacs and a Thater with the same handle profile. I love the color of this material but I wanted to share the following picture with others interested in buying a Shavemac with the similar handle material which is listed as "Brown-Beige." This is in no way a criticism of the brush, Shavemac, or Bernd, the owner- merely an observation. The material, as with many acrylics and resins, can be somewhat translucent depending on the type of pigment used. In this photo, one can see where the knot has been installed and the adhesive applied to secure the knot in place. Again, not a criticism. This does not bother me in the least, but I wanted to share this with other potential buyers so one is not surprised or disappointed. If you look closely, you can see the same thing in the top photo on page 26 of this thread- so this effect appears to be something inherent with this handle color.

View attachment 403668

I think I prefer your handle to mine. The weird thing (and maybe this is common to all tortoises, but I notice it on one above) is that it is translucent and shows off the variation that a tortoise should where it is drilled, but the bottom half is so opaque that it looks like an opaque solid brown. It is almost striped. Not a deal breaker, and the knot seems very dense, but I wish the look were a little more uniform

Well, I ordered a custom Shavemac golf ball and it looks like Rudy's tossing in this D01 Moonjava Rover! It should ship out near the end of this week after getting engraved. More pics and thoughts once it's here.

proxy.php

brucered

System Generated
I don't think I've ever seen a Flat Top in 3 band.

Good looking golf ball too.

Last edited:
That's great to hear! This will be my first ever flattop but I'm already a fan of D01 knots so I have very high hopes for this brush.
Also, I think it's due to ship today! :)

I have a D01 2 band bulb as well and the 2 band flattop is just so much better to me. Everything I look for in a face lathering machine.

Mine just fell apart a couple of days ago.
I have only had it for 1½ year, and I have used it about two times a week.
The knot just turns around and around in the handle, the screw wont cath on.

I just emailed shavemac, I can wait to get the response from them.

I very fine brush btw, up untill now.

View attachment 93364

View attachment 93365

I don't know anything about brushes but if that "hole" is threaded and meant to be screwed into the post, try putting a toothpick in the hole before screwing it in. The wood will help it to grab...just my $0.02

So I just went a little crazy and ordered 2 Shavemac's. A 173 Brown Black handle with a 21/48 Finest Fan and a Zebra Beehive with a D01 2 Band Bulb. Of course I will post some pictures when they hit the den.

$ovi1kEy.jpg
Well, here are my two (so far) custom Shavemac beauties :001_tt1::001_wub::001_tt1:

The zeehive (get it?) is a D01 Silvertip fan. The moonjava rover is a Rudy Vey custom and has a D01 Silvertip flattop. I feel a bit like a broken record but the D01 Silvertip is by far my favorite hair to be had in a shaving brush. It's a great combination of scrub and silky luxury.

The density of these D01 knots is off the charts, as demonstrated by the inverted flattop.

(You may notice the tips of the rover have a slight almond tinge to them... this is from the stirling almond creme sample that was included with the brush. I'm sure it will rinse out after a few more good uses, but I'll never be lathering that soap again).

Last edited:
Well, I ordered a custom Shavemac golf ball and it looks like Rudy's tossing in this D01 Moonjava Rover! It should ship out near the end of this week after getting engraved. More pics and thoughts once it's here.

proxy.php

What dimensions do you have on that knot? Great looking brush.

proxy.php

When I saw the shape of your brush, I thought of this

$howie_long_1994_02_06.jpg

20mm x 42mm. d01 2band

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1393721993609.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1393721993609.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 364
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1393722020810.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1393722020810.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 364

brucered

System Generated
20mm x 42mm. d01 2band

Please let us know how that Square handle is for face lathering (I assume it's a Face Lathering brush).

I have looked at it often, as an option to the Octo-Handle and think it would be quite nice. So simple, but very elegant and I really like the look of the rounded off edges/corners.

Please let us know how that Square handle is for face lathering (I assume it's a Face Lathering brush).

I have looked at it often, as an option to the Octo-Handle and think it would be quite nice. So simple, but very elegant and I really like the look of the rounded off edges/corners.

It is for facelathering, as that's all i do.

As for the shape, i like it. i can set it on its side without it rolling away, and it feels good in hand when building a lather. it feels more "chunky" in hand than other brushes, which i like.

Top Bottom